Above Eleven - rooftop bar restaurant and entertainment

kaptainrob

Administrator
This is a rooftop venue for locals and tourists alike although you should book and arrive early to gain a table with a good view, the best ones seat 2 to 4 persons on the extreme outside of the roof's glass balustrade. Best time to arrive is at least 30 mins before sunset.

The same owner as Havana Social and 2 other Suk 11 restaurants, Above 11 is a fabulous venue for special occasions or simply to enjoy a cold drink while taking in Bangkok's skyline, see pic below.

Above Eleven website link HERE.

Whilst not the most expensive rooftop venue in Bangkok, IMHO it is perhaps the best, especially if one is staying nearby. Peruvian Japanese fusion food and service is excellent ... our waiter remembered us from a previous visit almost 12 months earlier. Must've tipped too much. 55

^ looking south

OZZYGUY

Above11 is a bit flash for my liking but we do go for a few hrs most trips. Normally after a few hrs at 11 we head off, put the flip flops and shorts back on and head to 4

kaptainrob

Administrator
You were just there?

How is lower Suk? Busy, dead?

Any good deals?
Was there last November.

I imagine most places are either dead quiet or closed. Some hotels, eg Grand Marriott indefinitely and many smaller properties may not reopen under previous ownership. CM will see ~ 1/3 of hotels closed or gone bust and BKK much the same I'd imagine.

Eleven Hotel (new one above OGBH) is currently closed but taking bookings for August onwards.

kaptainrob

Administrator
Above11 is a bit flash for my liking but we do go for a few hrs most trips. Normally after a few hrs at 11 we head off, put the flip flops and shorts back on and head to 4
555 bit flash eh :cool: Yes I get what you mean, same here, always nice to visit for an hour or so at sunset.

If one were a 1st time BKK visitor or entertaining friends a roof-edge table with view is a must. The inside tables could be anywhere....

OZZYGUY

555 bit flash eh :cool: Yes I get what you mean, same here, always nice to visit for an hour or so at sunset.

If one were a 1st time BKK visitor or entertaining friends a roof-edge table with view is a must. The inside tables could be anywhere....
The last time I went was a large group of us, a Thai friend of mine always pays when we go out so this time I insisted I pay. Should have let him pay that one....55

kaptainrob

Administrator
The last time I went was a large group of us, a Thai friend of mine always pays when we go out so this time I insisted I pay. Should have let him pay that one....55
Ouch!
Bin for 3 of us for a full session including wine beer and enough tapas to fill up was only 4500 bt. I was expecting worse.

bacwaan

^ scares the shit outta me that place..i can't stand heights..got talked into going there with a PTTGF a couple of years back but was too frightened to walk out on that glass walkway..I couldn't even watch as others did...the TG went out on it and I took a few snaps on her phone...but I stood well back...

when i go to Above 11 I usually sit at the bar so I am looking out and over rather than straight down...straight down from heights really gives me the shudders..even videos of it..

Stillearly

^ scares the shit outta me that place..i can't stand heights..got talked into going there with a PTTGF a couple of years back but was too frightened to walk out on that glass walkway..I couldn't even watch as others did...the TG went out on it and I took a few snaps on her phone...but I stood well back...

when i go to Above 11 I usually sit at the bar so I am looking out and over rather than straight down...straight down from heights really gives me the shudders..even videos of it..
I'm the same , went to the Statosphere in Vegas on a stag do ... I couldn't go outside on the top floor , never mind the rides ...

Moo Uaon

He managed to get a nice clear day.....with Thai safety and construction standards in place....my thoughts would be...what could wrong? :rolleyes:

MarcTwoSix

This place looks impressive

Those tourist rooftop places annoy me
We went to the one in the big place in Sathorn
And I've been to Octave

Give me a place like Nest on Soi 11
Or some small Thai rooftop place on the river in Thonburi any time over those tourist traps

kaptainrob

Administrator
Those tourist rooftop places annoy me
We went to the one in the big place in Sathorn
And I've been to Octave

Give me a place like Nest on Soi 11
Or some small Thai rooftop place on the river in Thonburi any time over those tourist traps
Agreed, but we had to visit Banyan Tree's Moon Bar just to tick it off the list .... it was packed, noisy and horribly expensive.