Accommodation in Pattaya

Stillearly

Rockitt;420466 said:
Quite a decline in western tourists numbers, probably due to the high Thai baht. Big increase in Indian and Chinese visitors. It’s had a big impact on the smaller bars and the general atmosphere of the place. I don’t feel it’s so friendly here like it was when I first visited.
The girls must be feeling the pinch too and I spoke to a couple the other day and they said they don’t get many lady drinks now and nobody rings the bell.
The traffic on Soi Bukoaw is crazy now. I made a video a few years ago near LK of the busy traffic but that’s nothing compared to now. Bloody dangerous if your walking around there. Totally lawless bike riders bombing up and down.
But the biggest difference for me is I’m getting older and the girls seem younger. Not really comfortable with that.
Having said all that it’s still a great night out if you can afford it.
I was buying drinks and ringing bells until a couple of days ago ... it's always been dangerous with traffic , just need to look left / right / behind you ... plenty of older girls around especially in the beers bars , massage places ... :)

I however really hated Patong this trip ... bars selling buckets of booze , buy a beer and a free shot ... all about nightclubs now rather than the bars .., more like Kuta or Magaluf than the Patong I used to love ..

Rockitt

Well the only bell I’ve rung this week is the one on the baht buses. A much cheaper option 555. But hey, good on ya if you are still doing it.
As for Patong, I haven’t been there for a few years but my mates have all said much the same.

Bacon

Administrator
I find it pays off to always act like a newbie and try and pop your head into as many joints as you can if you're having a slow night. There are always pockets of fun to be found and the atmosphere changes from night to night. You just need to go with the flow and hunt down or make your own fun.

Stillearly

Rockitt;420480 said:
Well the only bell I’ve rung this week is the one on the baht buses. A much cheaper option 555. But hey, good on ya if you are still doing it.
As for Patong, I haven’t been there for a few years but my mates have all said much the same.
If you are still about I found Sapphire good for a couple of happy hour drinks then move to Beavers , Electric Blue or Dollhouse XXX just before ten to get their buy one get one free offer ;) Pandas was good , although most times I was the only Westerner in there and on LK upstairs at Kink was easily the best

Ian Forbes

Bacon;420486 said:
I find it pays off to always act like a newbie and try and pop your head into as many joints as you can if you're having a slow night. There are always pockets of fun to be found and the atmosphere changes from night to night. You just need to go with the flow and hunt down or make your own fun.
I just tell them I'm looking for someone named "Jack" and they leave me alone.

Bacon

Administrator
Flipper Lodge isn't bad. End of Soi 8, pretty much beachfront. My room is overlooking a concrete wall though, other wise clean and adequate, and many rooms should have ocean views.its completely booked out, or I'd ask to change. There a pool on the roof as well.

Taxi dropped us off in front of Flipper House on soi 7. I was hungover and reception couldn't find my booking. I showed her my phone and she laughs and goes siiiiir! Wrong hotel! Teeheee. And then they all laughed. I groaned.

Bawdy

Quarky;374738 said:
Yeah I get upgraded every time at Intimate to the Jacuzzi room... makes me suspicious... are there actually any normal baths? ..55
I want a room with a Jacuzzi next trip (whenever that may be! Actually 1st time I've never had my next trip booked in advance! Lucky!). Anyone got a pic?

Quarky

Administrator
Bawdy;434088 said:
I want a room with a Jacuzzi next trip (whenever that may be! Actually 1st time I've never had my next trip booked in advance! Lucky!). Anyone got a pic?

Quarky;422546 said:
I stayed in Flipper on Soi 8 in 2007. Looks like it hasn't changed... 55
Shut now, may or may not open again, maybe under new owners ?
Attached files

Quarky

Administrator
1080;434212 said:
Shut now, may or may not open again, maybe under new owners ?
I don't know. But would certainly need renovating I would think.. it seemed on it's last legs back then... 55