Another Bangkok Hotel Question

OZZYGUY

This old thread been bumped,

I use to stay Town lodge soi 18. Did for years loved the little bar down stairs and the large rooms with the hot tub to fit 8 in.

These days stay Smart suite on Soi 11. Its walking distance to nana and cowboy and 11 had great street food.

Minder

OZZYGUY;213969 said:
This old thread been bumped,

I use to stay Town lodge soi 18. Did for years loved the little bar down stairs ......
Bangkok Tonight Forum's watering hole in those days I believe .... farang owner, English I think .... can you remember the bar's name?

dave01

Still looking at options fro my may trip.... there are plenty I must say.... Throw Airbnb into the mix, and man, there are some nice places to be had!!

quiksilva

Yeah options are a plenty.

Soi 4 is safe - I know what I get.
Soi 22 is safe area wise - would require a change of hotel

The couple wabbits mentioned look nice and a chance to try a new area.
I only have a single day/night on arrival, and 3 nights at the end of my trip.

dave01

quiksilva;214131 said:
Yeah options are a plenty.

Soi 4 is safe - I know what I get.
Soi 22 is safe area wise - would require a change of hotel

The couple wabbits mentioned look nice and a chance to try a new area.
I only have a single day/night on arrival, and 3 nights at the end of my trip.
Being the boring bastard that I am ... I'm leaning towards staying at Old Faithful, Omni Towers... I get a pretty decent deal from one of the property management companies there on a 1 bed suite.. And the old ladies that run it are pretty nice!!

OZZYGUY

Minder;214111 said:
Bangkok Tonight Forum's watering hole in those days I believe .... farang owner, English I think .... can you remember the bar's name?
Toxic i think it was, mmm i miss that place may go next trip.

Those two rooms that have the big spa's are fun.

Minder

OZZYGUY;214139 said:
Toxic i think it was, mmm i miss that place may go next trip.

Those two rooms that have the big spa's are fun.
Yes, that was it. Toxic. TOXIC Nightclub

Owner held a Happy Hour of Free beer for BKK Tonite Forum members et al, at least once a month, ..something like between 8 and 9 pm on a Wednesday .... I went along one night when in town ... place was packed with "Balloon chasers" and the worst kind of two-bob farangs ... each one nursing his one drink till the bell rang ....

Looks like that old forum closed down back in 2013 but the content can still be accessed if you poke around... like this...

Thread was titled ... How Many Of You Guys Are Married to a Thai Girl?

Minder
Married almost two years to my TG. I'm sure I'll mess it up for both of us sooner or later, meanwhile I have never been happier.

If I went home today and found the house sold, the bank accounts empty and a note saying "Fat pig. I return to my Thai husband." - I'd still rate it as the best by tenfold of my three marriages to date ... Enjoy.

Posted on: 4:05 pm on Feb. 22, 2007

MarcTwoSix

wabbits;213992 said:
Good question not sure but thought about the other Citrus just location not so ideal.
In and around Terminal 21 junction is ideal for us.
We stayed at Citadines on soi 23 before
I loved the location, down the soi so quiet and many different small shops around

Quarky

Administrator
I like Citadines on Soi 8 these days... some nice little restaurants down that road... and no traffic...

Quarky

Administrator
matto;248278 said:
cheers for the recommendations, i just booked Citadines soi 8 for my next trip in decmber.
I've stayed there a few times. Some nice little bars and restaurants down that quiet soi...

Oh.. just see I said that a few posts back.. 55

Kiwi Bar is good there too if into rugby...

S

sateve

who gives a **** i will be at the buffet 3 times,so full, no energy 5555555555

KRIS-ONE

How much you paying Steve if u don't mind me asking... I love staying in super fancy hotels on occasion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mechime

Sure the buffet costs more than I would pay for a room in any hotel!! My ex old boss stayed there whilst I was down, sorry up river in the Sheraton Orchid now Mandarin which was nice enough but quite plain rooms; quest friendly with ID and accompanied by security to the room a'hum hand out! don't know what it is like now but Miranda made it great just the same.
Good Thai restaurant just up the road from S.La, not cheap, Tongue Thai, if I remember right.