Another Bangkok Hotel Question

PeteGill

You must be a pain in the ass to travel with 555

Corridor too noisy, pick another hotel.
given the stilll low tourist numbers and the fact that it is low season . I would say that you would more than likely have the whole floor to yourself.
i have walked past that place any number of times and thought that I would love to stay there. Just close enough to the action, but not right in the middle of it.

But hey, If you want to pay an extra 1000 Bht a night to have a carpet in the corridor outside your room, be my guest. I know where I would much rather spend that money 5555

Last edited:

Bacon

Administrator
This is for new years so I expect a few people there. The decision is mostly based on location, otherwise I would have picked something nicer. Don't expect to be deviating far from LK and Tree Town areas whilst there. 3 days Bagers, 10 Patts and a week in Bali to relax. Thatll do me. Everything booked now cept the BKK Bali leg.

PeteGill

This is for new years so I expect a few people there. The decision is mostly based on location, otherwise I would have picked something nicer. Don't expect to be deviating far from LK and Tree Town areas whilst there. 3 days Bagers, 10 Patts and a week in Bali to relax. Thatll do me. Everything booked now cept the BKK Bali leg.
Close to Soi Chaipoom (pothole0 as well. Well worth a visit these days. I actually prefer it to LK. Loads of bars now and a few nice Gent's clubs.

MarcTwoSix

What days are you in BKK?
We may finally meet

PeteGill

We'll be at Big Dogs drinking Long Islands in the afternoon. Land at 11am I think.
Be prepared to be disappointed. I used to enjoy the bars along the entrance to Nana. However the quality of serving staff has dropped drastically. You get a bunch of well over the hill BG's serving and then pestering you for a drink. I will say that Big Dogs was possibly slightly better quality wise.
Hopefully things will have improved by the time you arrive.

MarcTwoSix

Be prepared to be disappointed. I used to enjoy the bars along the entrance to Nana. However the quality of serving staff has dropped drastically. You get a bunch of well over the hill BG's serving and then pestering you for a drink. I will say that Big Dogs was possibly slightly better quality wise.
Hopefully things will have improved by the time you arrive.
Rockitt and I had about a zillion beers at Hooters and that worked out ok

And if you are still around layer inside Nana has a new big open bar in the center of the lower floor which is great girl watching

Big Dogs......the ladies are much older but the service is still very fast and great

Quarky

Administrator
There was a big open bar at the centre of the lower floor when I last went there.. in 2017... is this different?

Bacon

Administrator
Yeah I just like places like Big Dogs for people watching in the afternoon. Should still be good fun.

Rockitt

I think it may have been renovated

It's much nicer and very big and open

So it's great people watching
Yes nice and open now and good service too. Not that I remember much 555
Returning to Bkk in 3 weeks time so I will look in there again.