Anyone Looking for a Little Shack Up In Isan?

V

vanguy77

If so, well have I got a deal for you!!! 555

Check out this place in Udon Thani .... over 18,000 sq ft ... and for its size, the price is incredible. Just over roughly $300,000 CAN, which would not buy you a decent sized condo in Vancouver.

Anways ... found it by chance on a website ....

Luxury home for sale - Thailand :: Property Details

V

vanguy77

^^^^^^ No prob, DP ... just trying to spark interest, and it is interesting to compare.

For instance, the same amount of money in Vancouver will get you this ....

810 sq ft for $280,000 CAN for Strata Condo that is almost 40 years old.

C

Changone

Apparently you can still buy 100 Rai in Western Australia for A$150,000.
How does that compare with Isaan?

Sydney

While its fun to compare, its not very realistic to compare........sure 300K will only buy you a condo in Vancouver, but you can probably go out tomorrow and get a job and earn how much ?

That is a big house VG and seems good value, but i am always a little weary of those websites tailored towards western real estate shoppers ( or sometime dreamers...55555 ) that seem to have overinflated prices. Bit like the hotel prices that have being discussed recently, i reckon if you sent your T/G along to the house agent to do a deal you would probably get a lot better price....

Although at the size with all the extras maybe it is of value.....KR or one of the other expats could probably enlighten us more on the real-estate web overinflated prices theory and that place as well ?

wabbits

Prices on the ground away from websites I think is quite different and even better when there is nooooo sniff of Farang.
But to be fair that house VG point us to is really only ever going to be bought by a Farang.

kaptainrob

Administrator
A remarkable view DP, but we all know you're more interested in the sofa's, right?

At 9.36 million Bt the Udon house is not over-priced though it may be slow to sell. Thai's do not generally buy 2nd hand, especially in that price range.
Around us, in our leafy Chiang Mai mooban, there's a fair selection of small, medium and large homes for sale ... up to 6 bedrooms, lake-front, on several rai and asking ~ 20 mil (subject to verification).

One 9.5 mB 5-bedder that's been f/s a long time >>> H377 - Luxury 2 storey house in Moo Bahn Wang Tan | house for sale in Chiang Mai | Chiang Mai Real Estate | Property for rent in ChiangMai

Some of the best value for money quality-built homes around us which are for sale @ ~4 mB, I do not have photos of, but here's an example of ~ 4 mB in our soi >

It is normal practice to sell homes complete with all furnishings. 2nd hand furniture shops and removalists simply do not exist although one can post almost anything here ... fridges, washers, even motorbikes!

Quarky

Administrator
^Nothing like a nice comfortable sofa to relax on after a hard day rolling around on the floor... 55

That 20m baht house looks a nice place for a sofa too...

KRIS-ONE

Romford is a bit of a **** hole. But a two bed in Leeds for 250k?! That surely would be pent house slap bang in the city centre. Romford is a fair bop into the city and if you work in the west end/Victoria a Royal pain in the arse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quarky

Administrator
KRIS-ONE;252764 said:
Romford is a bit of a **** hole. But a two bed in Leeds for 250k?! That surely would be pent house slap bang in the city centre. Romford is a fair bop into the city and if you work in the west end/Victoria a Royal pain in the arse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I'm talking about a nice flat in the city centre.

P

poseidon

im saving up for my first house so it still makes me cry. quater of a mil i am going to end up with a hole if im lucky
Attached files

Quarky

Administrator
poseidon;252770 said:
im saving up for my first house so it still makes me cry. quater of a mil i am going to end up with a hole if im lucky
But it will be your hole (actually the bank's hole, but don't tell anyone... 55)...

H

Harryhom

ill probably have this for a while as its just sitting in the garage, but if i move out itll most likely be thrown away, but i still have it if anyone is looking for one