April 2019 Travel Plans

Quarky

Administrator
supersub;390414 said:
I'm off to Prague next week and will be doing a report. Just in case you change your mind.
Be interested to hear if it's as cheap as it was in 2003... 55

Moo Uaon

Distantpeak;390392 said:
Yeah I liked Florence. Went there in 1990... were lot of needle using druggies by the river... but what a lovely city. Stayed in a hotel with a pool overlooking the city... .
Think I might've stayed at the same place.
Great spot. Pool got a good workout being summer. Swarms of bees and pollon everywhere not so good 55

Quarky

Administrator
Moo Uaon;390418 said:
Great spot. Pool got a good workout being summer. Swarms of bees and pollon everywhere not so good 55
Were you there the year before me.. 1989?

MarcTwoSix

Moo Uaon;390418 said:
My most memorable pool I have stayed in was Hotel Caesar Augutus in Capri

It was an infinity pool over the cliff with Mount Vesuvius in the skyline

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

MarcTwoSix

Distantpeak;390426 said:
^Yeah but did you get there on a bus that was 70% nympho females? ...55
I started traveling when I was 25yrs old
I foolishly scoffed at staying at hostels....not realizing the party scene of them

Quarky

Administrator
MarcTwoSix;390428 said:
I started traveling when I was 25yrs old
I foolishly scoffed at staying at hostels....not realizing the party scene of them
And Contiki trips took you on a bus trip around Europe... so you were with the same party crowd all trip...

The idea of them sounds awful to me now.. but back then it was fantastic... 55

Moo Uaon

Distantpeak;390420 said:
Were you there the year before me.. 1989?
Contiki ended up buying all those places like that one.
Prime locations and worth a bundle now I'm sure

Notorius

I loved Iceland and when there it feels like you are on the edge of the world. The scenery is breathtaking and as a holiday destination very few places compare. As I said before it is very expensive. A pint of beer was €10. But when you are on a trip of a lifetime money shouldn’t matter.

I found this article which goes through prices if anyone is interested. https://adventures.is/blog/prices-in-iceland/

Quarky

Administrator
Notorius;390432 said:
I loved Iceland and when there it feels like you are on the edge of the world. The scenery is breathtaking and as a holiday destination very few places compare. As I said before it is very expensive. A pint of beer was €10. But when you are on a trip of a lifetime money shouldn’t matter.

I found this article which goes through prices if anyone is interested. https://adventures.is/blog/prices-in-iceland/
I notice some trees in those pictures... for some reason I thought it was too cold there for trees.. obviously not!

kaptainrob

Administrator
Distantpeak;390416 said:
Be interested to hear if it's as cheap as it was in 2003... 55
Or 1973 .... :grinner:

Prague - Pilsner beer, cheap wines and cheap wholesome food. Nice ladies too!

Moo Uaon

Distantpeak;390435 said:
Is that the place in Florence? I only vaguely remember it... could be it... 55
Might be it. Will have a better look when I get to my laptop.
I remember the little courtyard/turnaround bit in front of it.
You might've had the same thing?
Pull up and get out and the staff greet us and fill us in about Florence and the history of the villa.
Went something like this... Place is said to be haunted by the ghost of the original owners wife as she committed suicide by jumping off that balcony up there... points and someone throws a dummy dressed as a woman out and over the balcony 55

Great stopover.

MarcTwoSix

kaptainrob;390438 said:
Or 1973 .... :grinner:

Prague - Pilsner beer, cheap wines and cheap wholesome food. Nice ladies too!
Amsterdam the year before the Euro
Heinekens at my hotel were about .25usd, about 8baht

Dupree

MarcTwoSix;390442 said:
Amsterdam the year before the Euro
Heinekens at my hotel were about .25usd, about 8baht
They're free at the brewery tour...;cheers;

Quarky

Administrator
Moo Uaon;390439 said:
Might be it. Will have a better look when I get to my laptop.
I remember the little courtyard/turnaround bit in front of it.
You might've had the same thing?
Pull up and get out and the staff greet us and fill us in about Florence and the history of the villa.
Went something like this... Place is said to be haunted by the ghost of the original owners wife as she committed suicide by jumping off that balcony up there... points and someone throws a dummy dressed as a woman out and over the balcony 55

Great stopover.
Yeah... that sounds like it... and a swimming pool out the back with views over the city.... nothing flash inside... but what a location...

kaptainrob

Administrator
Distantpeak;390449 said:
Yeah... that sounds like it... and a swimming pool out the back with views over the city.... nothing flash inside... but what a location...
What a coincidence eh? You might've even slept in the same bed! 55

Quarky

Administrator
kaptainrob;390459 said:
What a coincidence eh? You might've even slept in the same bed! 55
Hey Moo, was there a slim sexy brunette house maid there when you were there? Called Maria . . 555

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

Moo Uaon

Hopefully they changed the sheets if he did. 55

That might've been the place where we went to the "Space Electronic Disco" and they had a bar that was made up of fish tanks with piranha in them and they gave us strip's of meat to feed them haha so long ago now.