Are Thai village events(weddings/monk)held to make money?

OZZYGUY

Talking about Asian families

I appreciate my Thai families long ass and different names
Helps with my passwords at work that now need be a god damn paragraph!

Thank god I dont have the long ass names to deal with, I could never spell them........555

PeteGill

I'm Catholic
We have 3 day wake/funerals and usually 3 or 4 days of getting together from the time of death until the wakes start

So really a full week
Attended by everyone you ever met in your life and everyone that the deceased knew

Here in Western Canada guys barely tell their work colleagues that their Mom died
And that is just it, how cultures differ. And not just race to race or country to country. But even state to state , city to city or suburb to suburb. Really it is just about diversity 99% of the time.
And the dick head stuff is not to be confused with culture, it is just being a Dick as Dupree says.

MarcTwoSix

And that is just it, how cultures differ. And not just race to race or country to country. But even state to state , city to city or suburb to suburb. Really it is just about diversity 99% of the time.
And the dick head stuff is not to be confused with culture, it is just being a Dick as Dupree says.
Yup
And there always usually merits in both when comparing 2 cultures

OZZYGUY

Some advice my father in law said to me in the early days was never try change her culture. Let her do what she has been brought up to do.

I have seen guys that once they have a Asian wife back in his country try to change her or dont let her do things that she is use to doing all of her life.

Example, we have a friend that he wont let his wife or her kids eat with there hands.

Quarky

Administrator
Some advice my father in law said to me in the early days was never try change her culture. Let her do what she has been brought up to do.

I have seen guys that once they have a Asian wife back in his country try to change her or dont let her do things that she is use to doing all of her life.

Example, we have a friend that he wont let his wife or her kids eat with there hands.
What about changing things that give them more confidence and belief in themselves? Like making them believe they can do things when they may have been brought up to believe they are useless and only good for the kitchen etc?

Is there a blanket approach or can we use a case by case philosophy?

OZZYGUY

What about changing things that give them more confidence and belief in themselves? Like making them believe they can do things when they may have been brought up to believe they are useless and only good for the kitchen etc?

Is there a blanket approach or can we use a case by case philosophy?
But thats not changing the culture thats changing what she has been through.....or is it culture?
I guess that would be different.
Case by case in that case.

Quarky

Administrator
But thats not changing the culture thats changing what she has been through.....or is it culture?
I guess that would be different.
Case by case in that case.
There you go.. back to the discussion.. what is culture and what is behaviour?

MarcTwoSix