Back after a challenging year

S

Seven_

weitling;290908 said:
I really don't know much about power so i followed what the electrician told me to buy. we have an earth connection in cobber that goes 2,5 meter down in the earth that we have 2 times. But i can ask him.
A RCD is explained here, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Residual-current_device you don't really need one, but if you or your family accidentally electrocute yourselves, which is easier then it sounds, and the crazy stuff Thais do around power would make it more likely, then it will most likely save your life.

Given Thai power outlets don't normally have a ground. ie 2 point plug, then I will say its a worth while investment.

They are normally wired up after the main switch in the circuit breaker (the joined switch on the left in your photo), so you maybe able to wire it up after this switch.

Maybe that's what the space is for as it would normally go there.

Normally the best way is to purchase a circuit breaker with one already fitted. Something around the size you have would cost around the 3000baht mark.

As I said its rare to find one (a RCD) used in houses in the village.

At least he used the correct sized grounding rod (copper pole in the ground).

W

weitling

Seven_;290959 said:
A RCD is explained here, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Residual-current_device you don't really need one, but if you or your family accidentally electrocute yourselves, which is easier then it sounds, and the crazy stuff Thais do around power would make it more likely, then it will most likely save your life.

Given Thai power outlets don't normally have a ground. ie 2 point plug, then I will say its a worth while investment.

They are normally wired up after the main switch in the circuit breaker (the joined switch on the left in your photo), so you maybe able to wire it up after this switch.

Maybe that's what the space is for as it would normally go there.

Normally the best way is to purchase a circuit breaker with one already fitted. Something around the size you have would cost around the 3000baht mark.

As I said its rare to find one (a RCD) used in houses in the village.

At least he used the correct sized grounding rod (copper pole in the ground).
Thanks a lot for the explanation, i will look into this on saturday when i be there

briofoz

A big earth is a must here...you may be the earth for the whole soi. There should be one under the transformer, and in Aus and NZ, in domestic installs the earth is connected to the earth bus, which is linked to the neutral bus. The link is only removed for testing purposes.

W

weitling

briofoz;290963 said:
A big earth is a must here...you may be the earth for the whole soi. There should be one under the transformer, and in Aus and NZ, in domestic installs the earth is connected to the earth bus, which is linked to the neutral bus. The link is only removed for testing purposes.
Thanks for the advice. I have notet all and will check before i go to the shower 555

W

weitling

Well back after 3 weeks in Thailand. We had some challenges with the water. The pipes in the wall was leaking A LOT. The worker that made this poor job cme and look at it, and then we didn't see him anymore. Our good worker Doi, Suk and San startet to break down tiles from the walls and floor. I decided to do all pipes new in the bathroom. We repaired all leaks, in total 6 leaks. The bathroom is now 100% done and without leaks :). I am very surprised with the power. it work very well with aircon and water heater. Also the water supply is very good. The feed pump i bought is just amazing. It is a real pleasure to take shower. We have started to build the garden. We got 2 power amp from the power supplier. 20000 THB for both installations. 4 poles for 3200 bath and work approx 10000 THB inclusive wire so in total 32200 THB for all.
The hole project came on approx 1600000 Inclusive furnitures aircon, technical house and power. Garden not included and garage. All outside walls is double brick, and i very happy we did, compared to our old house it is a very positive effect. the wall inside the house is much cooler, and have a positive impact on the aircon. I used Super brick on the outside and thai brick for the inside wall.

kaptainrob

Administrator
weitling;293238 said:
Jeppp DJI Phantom 3
Nice ... looked at a Phantom 3 and 4 in NZ a few weeks ago ... was tempted as 3 (4k) on special at ~nz$1199, seemed cheap enough for a quality drone.

W

weitling

kaptainrob;293240 said:
Nice ... looked at a Phantom 3 and 4 in NZ a few weeks ago ... was tempted as 3 (4k) on special at ~nz$1199, seemed cheap enough for a quality drone.
I have the Phantom 3 Standard and i am very happy with this drone. In normally i dont use 4k video but only 1080P so the standard does a great job to me. It is easy to fly and i have great fun flying the drone. I use Litchi, it make it possible to plan your flight online (On desktop computer) and upload the flight log when you are on the spot.
https://flylitchi.com/

kaptainrob

Administrator
weitling;293242 said:
I have the Phantom 3 Standard and i am very happy with this drone. In normally i dont use 4k video but only 1080P so the standard does a great job to me. It is easy to fly and i have great fun flying the drone. I use Litchi, it make it possible to plan your flight online (On desktop computer) and upload the flight log when you are on the spot.
https://flylitchi.com/
Litchi makes it all too easy :) and you're right about standard being ok for most purposes. I believe they can be bought well under nz$1k. I liked how I could use my 8" tablet as screen + auto home feature ... very user-friendly.