Back after a challenging year

W

weitling

We had some materials left, so we builded a terrace roof. We will plant plants that grow up in the future and cover the roof. I would like to plant grapes if possible. The wall has been sealed and painted 1 time with paint that have Nano Technology. I have no clue what that means 555. Tomorrow the second layer of paint will be given. The technical room is in the final face as well.

kaptainrob

Administrator
Nano paint may block cell phone signals and US drone missiles ... otherwise more likely to do sweet fcuk all. Nano technology is in its infancy and NANO used as a 'fancy' name.

Your pergola (aussie name) looks good although you might find faster growing tropical vines a better bet than grapes eg: red jade vine is a beauty, garlic vine or even bougainvillea.
Attached files

W

weitling

5555 I'm happy to hear that it blocks drone missiles haha. You right, Pergola, is the right word. i will look into the red jade vine. Thanks for the tip. :)

S

Seven_

kaptainrob;287848 said:
Your pergola (aussie name) looks good although you might find faster growing tropical vines a better bet than grapes eg: red jade vine is a beauty, garlic vine or even bougainvillea.
The multi coloured bougainvillea would look great on the pergola, fast growing and little care needed for them.

kaptainrob

Administrator
1080;287930 said:
I would go with something you can eat.
If you get a chance ... birds, squirrels and insects make an awful mess of unripe fruit. Grape vines take 3 to 5 years to produce and look absolutely stunning over a pergola though I lean toward something like bougainvillea for low maintenance and colour.

kaptainrob;287936 said:
If you get a chance ... birds, squirrels and insects make an awful mess of unripe fruit. Grape vines take 3 to 5 years to produce and look absolutely stunning over a pergola though I lean toward something like bougainvillea for low maintenance and colour.
Birds, squirrels and insects all go well with fruit 555 Thai girls make good hunters in my neck of the woods.
Bougainvillea would be very nice over the structure, just have to prune it now and again or it will cover the house.
Looking good weitling.

W

weitling

Well my wife and i decided it to be the Red Jade Vine. ahhhhh and my wife got the last word 555. But we have plenty of space to grow vegetables and other stuff.

W

weitling

Some pictures as update. The ceiling is in the bedroom, the same ceiling will be in the livingroom. Just a comment on the electrician. The also connect the power to the public power. Then they come from public power and approve the installation. cost 500 bath for approval. the power worker gave fixed price for installing all lamps, power lines installing of water pipes. installation of toilets wash and shower cabin for fixed price 22000THB. we bought the materials.

W

weitling

Thank Obes. I'm happy with the result 55 The wife is also happy Now she look for curtains. Almost as big job as build the house. 5555

W

weitling

Just back from work in Norway. So here is a little update. All power plugs and contact are done. Tile inside the house is progressing good. The final paint is made inside and outside. Today the power workers is doing the wires from the house to the public power. This need 4 poles. I decided to do the same for our neighbours behind our house. There wires was almost on the ground and hang in trees and bushes. It was to insecure for the kids playing around the wires.

Nomad

weitling;282696 said:
Thank you. As said we made a lot of changes inside, Here is the list of materials and inventory. some of the items include more than the description says. Roof poles concrete pipes traditionel Thai brick is bought locally. Other materials is from Global, IQ and Thai Housing (I dont remember the name)
Hi Weitling With the windows...are they just normal glass windows? Or is there security mesh or similar on the outside?

MIL is probably going to just put in wood panels for windows downstairs as worried about security as she is absent for long periods. Thus, interested in the cost of glass plus security.

Cheers
Nomad

W

weitling

Nomad;289687 said:
Hi Weitling With the windows...are they just normal glass windows? Or is there security mesh or similar on the outside?

MIL is probably going to just put in wood panels for windows downstairs as worried about security as she is absent for long periods. Thus, interested in the cost of glass plus security.

Cheers
Nomad
Hi Nomade. We have security bars outside and secure mesh door on the inside of the front door and bedroom door. The window is glas with white aluminium frame. see pictures below.

for the big window 1800 x 1100 i paid 4380 THB The secure bars around 2200THB for this size window.

Nomad

weitling;289689 said:
Hi Nomade. We have security bars outside and secure mesh door on the inside of the front door and bedroom door. The window is glas with white aluminium frame. see pictures below.
Thanks Weitling. Did the price you listed include the security bars? 2100 for small window...seems very cheap.

W

weitling

Nomad;289690 said:
Thanks Weitling. Did the price you listed include the security bars? 2100 for small window...seems very cheap.
No the price is then 6580 (Window plus bars) you can get is from global house.
Global house

Price i paid for other window sizes 1200 x 1100 2970 THB 600 x 1100 2100 THB Bedroom door ( Glas) 1600 x 2005 5610THB

W

weitling

retdent;289814 said:
It's happening all at once, you must be near the end.
Haha yes retdent, it is very close now. 30th. June i travel to los, and the house should be ready before. But the electricians is a little unstable, just the same as in Denmark 55.
But my wife is hunting them 555 for go to work.