Bang Suphan,Prachuap Khiri Khan Province.

Moo Uaon

About 370k's south of BKK is a lovely beach area Bang Saphan-Ban Krut,about 40 k's of nice beach and thickly vegetated land behind.

It's a bit out of the way but possibly a good halfway place for a stopover between BKK and Koh Samui or Phuket.

As with all that coast,except for Lamai, the water is not very deep or clean but has nice long stretches of sand.

Bang Sapahan is a lovely little resort village with many hidden away bungalows,bars and some really good restaurants.
I stayed at Suan Luang Beach and the whole place reminded me a lot of Khanom NST.Many big,thicklly wooded,blocks of land with cows grazing on them.

Coco beach bar is the most popular amongst the 50-60 expat community as well as Why Not bar.

The place is getting popular with couples and families with people staying for 3-7 day holidays and returning year after year.

Well worth a stopover even in the rainy season as the heavy rain from the SW monsoon seems to miss there.
There was a really big rain storm that went through nearby Chumpon but only a light shower when i stayed there....quite common so the locals told me.

Beachside bungalows..

Moo Uaon

Looking towards Ban Krut...

Ban Krut...

Looking south towards Bang Suphan...

Little cove we stopped at 1/2 way. Nearby Burmese fishing village is a service centre for the cashed up fisherman by all reports and some lovelies seen around the area.

Rivo

Wheres the sun lounges ? 555....................The palms on the beach look great..........................................Nice photo's Moo, where is this in comparison to Hua Hin ?

Moo Uaon

Couple more pics...

2 weeks worth of shirts,shorts,jeans,boardies,shave kit,camera,9" netbook,3x chargers,electric mozzie repeller,thongs,rain coat,puncture repair kit,tyre gauge,swiss army knife...all stored and away from the rain under the seat of the PCX :)

Just natural vegetation growing near a well used beach...nice to see.

Rivo

I know they look terrible but those quick release rear boxes are ideal for short trips, the one I had on our last trip with you was ideal IMO

Rivo

That photo with the boats in the ground cover looks like Samui, Theres a place south of Lamai that Nels took us looks identical.

Moo Uaon

^ that was at Cha Am but i did ride down to that south coast of Samui near Koh Tan...nice half day ride.

Rivo;175225 said:
I know they look terrible but those quick release rear boxes are ideal for short trips, the one I had on our last trip with you was ideal IMO
I wouldn't argue with that Rivo but as you know i have a bigger bike for doing the north on :)

This trip on the PCX was probably a one off using the train for the longer less interesting hauls and having all my stuff under the seat worked well.
When i pulled up at a hotel i just pulled my backpack out and put my helmet,ride jersey and gloves under the seat.

Just had to make sure to laundry a few things every few days.