Bar 4 Bangkok

Bacon

Administrator
OZZYGUY;417687 said:
Thats pretty much any small business.
True.

Trouble is a lot of people see a bar as a cash machine they can invest it and then sit back and cross their legs. Most of them don't last 6 months. I'm sure Colin knows his shit, but it's amazing how many naive dreamers are out there.

OZZYGUY

Bacon;417689 said:
True.

Trouble is a lot of people see a bar as a cash machine they can invest it and then sit back and cross their legs. Most of them don't last 6 months. I'm sure Colin knows his shit, but it's amazing how many naive dreamers are out there.
No way would I buy a bar. Lets hope Colin goes well.

MarcTwoSix

OZZYGUY;417687 said:
Thats pretty much any small business.
Unless you find someone that you really trust and you pay them well enough to do it when you are not there

My job isn't my own business but it is my division that I run 100%
And I overpay my main guy so that I don't have to be there as much

You obviously need the revenue to be able to do that, but it is a model I'd look to do in any business I may get involved in going forward
Although finding that person may be difficult

OZZYGUY

MarcTwoSix;417705 said:
Unless you find someone that you really trust and you pay them well enough to do it when you are not there

My job isn't my own business but it is my division that I run 100%
And I overpay my main guy so that I don't have to be there as much

You obviously need the revenue to be able to do that, but it is a model I'd look to do in any business I may get involved in going forward
Although finding that person may be difficult
When I had my business I just employed people that were better than me........seamed to do the trick......55

MarcTwoSix

OZZYGUY;417752 said:
When I had my business I just employed people that were better than me........seamed to do the trick......55
When I come back from being away some of my clients will joke they they want my #1 guy Jeff to trade their orders
I tell them, "fine by me, I still get the biggest check" 5555

Bacon

Administrator
As long as they have the integrity. Like Warren Buffett says, when hiring you want to look for intelligence, hard work and honesty. If they're not honest, then you better make sure they're lazy and dumb. 55

MarcTwoSix

Bacon;417754 said:
As long as they have the integrity. Like Warren Buffett says, when hiring you want to look for intelligence, hard work and honesty. If they're not honest, then you better make sure they're lazy and dumb. 55
That's a great line!

My wife is going go work for a more casual Thai restaurant
More take-out and no waitress service
The guy has 4 places and they do really well

Her two best friends here, 2 Thai guy chefs, have worked there
The business does well that the owner gives them a % of the revenue instead of salary

Nomad

The new name is Always.

Feels largely the same just new stuff, and renovated bathroom...the toilet even has a door! But the external branding is very understated, and gets swamped by the pharmacy sign.

Some staff the same, but seems to be quite a few new girls.

OZZYGUY

Nomad;421413 said:
The new name is Always.

Feels largely the same just new stuff, and renovated bathroom...the toilet even has a door! But the external branding is very understated, and gets swamped by the pharmacy sign.

The sign says Beer & Wine.

Do they have a good selection of wine?

Bawdy

Nomad;421413 said:
The new name is Always.

Stick not too complimentary this week.

kaptainrob

Administrator
Best bar is now Hilary2 or Angelfire i think its known as, a further 100m down soi4 on same side. Some real lovelies in there and the beer specials are good, 210 bt for 2 pints.

Nomad

H2 is great for music, club atmosphere and has a late close at 4am, but not a typical beer bar so depends what you are after.

Good old style pool/beer bar is BK past soi 6 on the right.

Bacon

Administrator
Seems there's always a competition among bar owners in LoS over who can come up with the silliest name.