Bar 4 Bangkok

B

Bar Four

Hi Guys,

Well the party went off pretty well. Lots of people having lots of fun. For those that are not here some pics to make you "homesick" for Soi 4.

Cheers,

Mark

Rivo

Looks like a top night Mark.........congratulations on 6 years and not being taken over by the Hilary Group 555

B

Bar Four

Rivo;307837 said:
Looks like a top night Mark.........congratulations on 6 years and not being taken over by the Hilary Group 555
Thanks Rivo. Appreciated.

Cheers,

Mark

OZZYGUY

Congrats on the 6 years Mark looks like a great night.

Can you make sure that spit roast pig is on 17th March please.

B

Bar Four

OZZYGUY;307852 said:
Congrats on the 6 years Mark looks like a great night.

Can you make sure that spit roast pig is on 17th March please.
Thanks mate. Would be my pleasure to organise a little piggy for you. Please remind me a few weeks before you want it.

Cheers,

Mark

B

Bar Four

Nomad;340382 said:
Any coverage of the Brownlow tomorrow Mark?
Hey Nomad,

Just checked the AustraliaPlus TV schedule, which is the only place you would get it unless an internet stream I guess, and no mention of it sorry mate. ;teary;

Cheers,

Mark

Nomad

Rivo;307837 said:
Bar 4 has changed hands. I think the new owner's name is Richard (English guy). Apparently getting a refurb this month so will be closed for a little while. Not sure if it is changing names.

Hillary 4 has been sold also, yet meant to be retaining the Hillary name as part of the deal. Thought this was very strange, but I apparently the buyer has a close relationship with Khun M.

Nomad

Rivo;307837 said:
Bar 4 has changed hands. I think the new owner's name is Richard (English guy). Apparently getting a refurb this month so will be closed for a little while. Not sure if it is changing names.

Hillary 4 has been sold also, yet meant to be retaining the Hillary name as part of the deal. Thought this was very strange, but apparently the buyer has a close relationship with Khun M.

Bacon

Administrator
Given how long it's been since Mark posted in this thread, I'd say he's been trying to get rid of it for a while. I hope he's well.

I'll be there in December to check the new joint out. Don't feck it up Rich 55.

Nomad

Correction...New owner is Colin. He is keen to sign up when up and running.

Bar 4 closes Sunday, and re opens around month end with a new name.

Bacon

Administrator
Stillearly;417458 said:
not something Bar4 is really known for ...
For me it's that coveted perch at the front. A couple of frothies in the arvo, watching the soi go by. Wish I was there now.

MarcTwoSix

In this day and age it is unfathomable to me that you'd open or run a bar without getting involved in forums for that area

Even on giant TripAdvisor forums where it is really just people asking questions you get many people asking, off hand, if there is a place people hang out

The previous owner seemed like a nice guy but would just post updates.
When it's so easy to realize that being just a small contributor to a forum would drive traffic to the bar

It's a no brainer, IMO

PS......the new owner can shout me some beers for that free advice 5555

Nomad

bacwaan;417457 said:
^ and i hope a few new good looking gals...555
A bit of turnover (mainly out) as now salaried. Maybe the mix will be similar to other places when it re-opens.

Name will change, but not finalised yet.

OZZYGUY

Stillearly;417458 said:
not something Bar4 is really known for ...
Bar4 was the first time I bar find a girl and she wasnt that good....55

That was well before I was a member of TD, and almost every time since when in BKK I always go for a drink. Usually in the mid afternoon for some people watching and a cold beer.

Have met a few BM's at bar4. Hope it doesn't change too much.

Bacon

Administrator
OZZYGUY;417684 said:
Have met a few BM's at bar4. Hope it doesn't change too much.
I think 90% of running a successful bar is just being there yourself, being on top of it and managing the place well. Especially when it comes to all the nitty gritty stuff. Keeping costs low and prices reasonable, staff happy and cheerful, the toilets clean, the beer cold, etc. It all adds up and goes a long way, and then it's just maintenance. Now that alone isn't always enough in bar complexes with more competition or if the location isn't great, but given where B4 is, you don't need to do anything special with it except try and manage it well. Hopefully Colin will just focus on customer service instead of changing the place. I don't think you need to change much at all in there.