Best memories of your parents

MarcTwoSix

Sappy post but I like reading these personal threads

What's the best memory of your parent/parents?

My mom.....I have a billion but
But I'd say how she helped her sister, my Auntie Fran
My Aunt died when I was 10-11 years but she was pretty much not physically capable my whole life
And I just remember always going to her house with my Mom so my Mom could help her with something
Or going shopping because Auntie Fran needed something.

And even at a young age, I recognized how unwithering my mom was. Her sister needed help and she helped.
No whining, no thanks needed, she just got on with it.

My Dad
He died when I was 4yr old so don't remember a ton. Looking back I can tell he was a cool cat. A neighborhood guy.
I do remember he had the sharpest scruff of a 5 o'clock shadow 😀

My mom and my Nana
My mom looks like she could play a mafia wife in a 70's movie 5555

20210215_224352.jpg

My dad

20210215_224607.jpg

Quarky

Administrator
Ha
Nice spot 😀

Actually I have got a lot better than that

My mom's Uncle was JFK's personal secretary his whole adult life(basically his best friend)

So I have a bunch of signed pictures of him in my Nana's house to my Nana

I remember you mentioning him before. Pretty cool. I think I asked you if he knew Marilyn... 55

But do you still have the picture? Isn't that his son in the picture as well at the funeral?

As it is so long since your parents died, do you still feel emotional thinking about them? Or is that long gone.. so it's more nostalgic now rather than emotional?

OZZYGUY

Mine will be last weekend, My dad turned 90 and we had a big lunch at a local restaurant.

Dad did a bit of a speech, he is a very humble guy never really had much but a great role model.

He gave a envelop to all the grand kids, each with $90 in it. Told the grandkids he was saving a dollar a year for each of them.

Moo Uaon

Xmas holidays staying in holiday units, my aunties and uncles places, camping, fishing, caravaning and beach every day. Sneaking off somewhere to smoke some weed.
Good times 😁

Quarky

Administrator
Xmas holidays staying in holiday units, my aunties and uncles places, camping, fishing, caravaning and beach every day. Sneaking off somewhere to smoke some weed.
Good times 😁
So the best times were when your parents weren't around... 55

Quarky

Administrator
When I was a teenager, I always remember dad watching someone with dementia on TV... and saying... "if I ever end up like that... shoot me..."

He did end up like that... but I didn't have a gun handy...

Minder

I had three parents, Mum and the two grandparents. My Grandfather features in any thread here about ANZAC day or World War 1.

The most enduring memories of my Grandmother were one, when she found out I had, at 13, secretly bought an air rifle that I had been hiding under my bed, telling me how much safer she felt to know that there was once again a gun in the house.

Two, was when I was feeding the chickens one day and a rooster having cluck-cluck called the nearest hen over to enjoy the feast of grain he had land at his feet, had the moment the hen started pecking at the feed, leapt on her from behind and given her a quick seeing to.

My grandmother -as demure as the Queen Mother, I had always thought till then - who had been passing by and witnessed the interaction remarked to the stunned hen "They all expect the same thing when you let them buy you dinner."