Buying land after crisis is over

Moo Uaon

Go to a car auction in BKK....should be some good deals soon but you need a good eye as Thais aren't known for looking after their wheels.

MarcTwoSix

justcruzing1;433762 said:
Tell her to sell it and wait for the low ball prices offered, she will say no I give to Nut for that price.
The thing is
My wife never thought she'd own her own car in her life
And she also takes care of anything that she has

So this car, doesn't matter if she goes on to own a BMW, Merc or whatever
Is really special to her
But I want our bank account to be special too! 555

I think she will eventually relent and let Nut use her car

But I've been searching out of my own interest just in case

MarcTwoSix

Moo Uaon;433772 said:
Go to a car auction in BKK....should be some good deals soon but you need a good eye as Thais aren't known for looking after their wheels.
My BIL knows all that stuff(actually I'm convinced this one brother knows everything!)

So I would have him deal with looking for a dependable car if it came to that

Tingtong

Moo Uaon;433772 said:
Id be worried about that to , Even though they might have Low K's on their Cars the Engines would have high Running Hours on them considering the amount of time sitting idling in traffic with the air Cond on full blast as well .

Moo Uaon

Tingtong;433784 said:
Id be worried about that to , Even though they might have Low K's on their Cars the Engines would have high Running Hours on them considering the amount of time sitting idling in traffic with the air Cond on full blast as well .
Modern diesels don't bat an eyelid at that sort of stuff.
Towing or pulling weight in it's past is what you want to avoid.
My Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2L diesel is popular for towing caravans and there's no way i was going to buy one with a tow bar fitted....got a nice one in the end with 120k kms on the clock,4 years old for $20k but in really good condition from auction. Great cars.

MarcTwoSix

Moo Uaon;433790 said:
Modern diesels don't bat an eyelid at that sort of stuff.
Towing or pulling weight in it's past is what you want to avoid.
My Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2L diesel is popular for towing caravans and there's no way i was going to buy one with a tow bar fitted....got a nice one in the end with 120k kms on the clock but in really good condition from auction. Great cars.
I drove a huge Land Cruiser diesel all through Costa Rica for about 10 days
I had to fill it up once!

Tingtong

^^ True about Diesel Cars , But not so much Petrol Cars . I dont think they handle sitting on Idle for long periods , They need to be reved .
I dont think id want to ever own a Diesel Car but would Have one if I wanted to own a 4 wheel Drive or Truck .
My mate just bought a new 4 by 4 VW turbo Twin Cab Amarok and came around and said take it for a drive and put my foot down .... Fuck me ! it was frightening , I had to back off . I wasnt expecting that kind of acceleration from a 4 by 4 Ute .

Tingtong

MarcTwoSix;433791 said:
I drove a huge Land Cruiser diesel all through Costa Rica for about 10 days
I had to fill it up once!
The Diesel might be fuel efficient But the Petrol Land Cruisers just drink fuel like its going out of fashion .

Moo Uaon

Tingtong;433795 said:
The Diesel might be fuel efficient But the Petrol Land Cruisers just drink fuel like its going out of fashion .
The vast majority of modern diesels are great on the fuel. I get less than 8L/100kms in mixed driving with mine.
The old Chev Colorado in LOS was less than 7L/100kms @ usually around $1/L or less to buy in AUD terms.

I do like the diesels but because of the emissions issues they are gradually being phased out.

OZZYGUY

Moo Uaon;433772 said:
Thais aren't known for looking after their wheels.
A Thai mate in CM brought a new ute about 5 years ago, its now over 100,000kms. Its NEVER had a service. He said just top up oil no need.
His wifes car is the same.

Tingtong;433794 said:
My mate just bought a new 4 by 4 VW turbo Twin Cab Amarok and came around and said take it for a drive and put my foot down .... Fuck me ! it was frightening , I had to back off . I wasnt expecting that kind of acceleration from a 4 by 4 Ute .
Im on my 3rd Amarok, 1st two awesome cars.

This 3rd one well its been in the shop longer than I have owned it. I am in a legal battle with VW to get my money back, they dont want to play ball.

It had overheating issues, they dont have a temp gauge but I just felt it was getting hot. They couldn't fault it when I took it in. Took it in a few times over two months.

Eventually the over heat light came on, I stopped and towed it in to the dealer. The dealer replaced the water pump on warranty, a few days later it got hot again, they replaced the other two water pumps. So far all on warranty. A week or so later overheat light comes on again and I get it towed to the dealer.

After well over 6 months in and out of the shop, replacing all the water pumps and a bunch of other stuff they now tell me I cooked it and as nothing was wrong when they checked it last its now my issue and im up for a 7k head job. WTF

Sorry maybe this should have gone in the rant thread.....55

Tingtong

^ That realy Sux sorry to hear that , Id hate to go thru that shit .

Was it a Turbo , and when it ran properly did it go hard ? ..I was honestly shocked when I drove my Mates one , The aceration was bullshit . I have a mate who has a older SS Commodore V8 350 and I reckon the Amarok would give it a run .

Moo Uaon

OZZYGUY;433800 said:
A Thai mate in CM brought a new ute about 5 years ago, its now over 100,000kms. Its NEVER had a service. He said just top up oil no need.
His wifes car is the same.
Shows how hardy they are though.

Diff and gearbox (or transmission) would be begging for mercy 55
Filthy air and oil filters as well ;wall;

MarcTwoSix

Tingtong;433795 said:
Not this one
We drove a ton all over CR

I paid up for full insurance/no deductible (I always do in other countries )

Thank god I was driving through river crossings and shit!

Quarky

Administrator
MarcTwoSix;433803 said:
Not this one
We drove a ton all over CR

I paid up for full insurance/no deductible (I always do in other countries )

Thank god I was driving through river crossings and shit!
But you said it was diesel?

OZZYGUY

Tingtong;433801 said:
Was it a Turbo , and when it ran properly did it go hard ? .
As far as I know they are Turbo, even the early ones.

But mine is the 4 cylinder Poverty pack not the V6. Still turbo tho.

MarcTwoSix

kaptainrob;433842 said:
Oh I dunno, he seems to know everything else. :)
Ha!
KR wins the award for the least self aware person of 2020....You locked it up early!

You, YOU, are saying someone thinks they know everything.
You???? 5555
Someone who writes a dissertation on pretty much everything he deems he knows?

You??? Haha
As Forbes would say "Thanks for the belly laugh "

You???? Haha

kaptainrob

Administrator
MarcTwoSix;433865 said:
Ha!
KR wins the award for the least self aware person of 2020....You locked it up early!

You, YOU, are saying someone thinks they know everything.
You???? 5555
Someone who writes a dissertation on pretty much everything he deems he knows?

You??? Haha
As Forbes would say "Thanks for the belly laugh "

You???? Haha
I trust you read and commit to memory every word I write :)

Yes I have broad interests in what makes things tick though I bow to others eg Rak in medical matters, Chob for history, Moo for motorbike knowledge and you for Italian food. 55 Every BM has areas of great knowledge and sharing/debating is what forums are about.

Your questioning nature is what makes one knowledgeable.