Cancun

Bacon

Administrator
Dupree;426344 said:
I'm getting a kick out of all the replies to my review on TA. According to the xspurts I was expecting 5 star cuisine at a 3 star resort. And the old...Why do you go to mexico and expect good Italian food? 555 Well. they opened the restaurant..55 since when is a decent bowl of spaghetti high end cuisine? 555
Yeah that's total bullshit. Italian food is great, but not hard to do a decent job at most of it, especially lasagna. Most people who eat and love Italian food have never been to Italy. Nonsense argument.
Attached files

Quarky

Administrator
Bacon;426377 said:
Yeah that's total bullshit. Italian food is great, but not hard to do a decent job at most of it, especially lasagna. Most people who eat and love Italian food have never been to Italy. Nonsense argument.

Makes me want to try Nachos in Italy though!

Bacon

Administrator
Quarky;426387 said:
Makes me want to try Nachos in Italy though!
Nachos are bad everywhere 55.

They're like the sort of crap you put together and microwave when you get back home at 2am pissed as a mule. That's not food.

Ian Forbes

I used to make a great lasagna. There were never any left-overs. My ex used to belong to a lady's night group where everyone brought one food dish. She always asked me to make a lasagna for her to bring. No matter how big I made it there was nothing left when she brought the plate home. I still think it was a con-job where everyone was expecting my cooking so they only brought crappy side dishes themselves.

supersub

Ian Forbes;426392 said:
I used to make a great lasagna. There were never any left-overs. My ex used to belong to a lady's night group where everyone brought one food dish. She always asked me to make a lasagna for her to bring. No matter how big I made it there was nothing left when she brought the plate home. I still think it was a con-job where everyone was expecting my cooking so they only brought crappy side dishes themselves.

Consider it a compliment Ian. 555

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dupree

After the lounge chair races were over I headed to my room for a cool down. It was time to eat. I saw a sign in the lobby saying it was Asian night in the main poolside restaurant. I was the 1st person there looking at a virgin Asian buffet. The Sushi was suspect. As I made my around there were spots where they would grill up shrimp. You could create your own Ramen soup. There were some Tempura items as well. It was ok. I went back to my room to relax. In the early evening I could here some entertainment outside. It was then I realized my ground floor patio not only faced a 2nd pool. But it was in clear view of the main bar. There was a Vegas type show going on that I could watch while smoking a cigar. The entertainers were scantily clad. So I decided to walk over for a closer look..55 I get to the bar and start scanning for an empty seat. When I see this crazy guy laughing at me. Paulie showed up a day early. So that perked me up. We had a few rounds. I went for the Kentucky Bourbon. He was two fisting Pina Coladas. He was hungry so we tried the beautifully appointed Mexican restaurant. The food was so so. After my Italian food the night before. A pattern was developing. We had a nightcap and said our good night. Tomorrow we go to RIU Peninsula for four nights.

MarcTwoSix

By the way
I thought the food at dinner was a bit more edible than Dupree did
Not great but not awful

But I grew up on shitty food so I can adapt 555

But I agree with Dupree that he couldn't understand that just a little more effort or ingredients would have made the food fine
So I don't think he is over complaining about the food

RakThai

MarcTwoSix;426476 said:
By the way
I thought the food at dinner was a bit more edible than Dupree did
Not great but not awful

But I grew up on shitty food so I can adapt 555

But I agree with Dupree that he couldn't understand that just a little more effort or ingredients would have made the food fine
So I don't think he is over complaining about the food
You've been calling Dupes a grumpy old grandpa for weeks, and now you say he's not over-complaining...?
How many Tramadol's tonight? 555

MarcTwoSix

RakThai;426481 said:
You've been calling Dupes a grumpy old grandpa for weeks, and now you say he's not over-complaining...?
How many Tramadol's tonight? 555
Have you not picked up on our relationship in all these years?

All we do is take the piss out of each other 5555
In person as much as on the forum

Dupree

We're checked in at the RIU but I forget the time line. Not sure what we did the first day. But the 2nd day was sunny and warm and we settled poolside with our Yeti Ramblers. Those things work great. Kept the beers cold and held four plastic cups full of Dos Equis XX. A tan, exotic lady parked next to me. Paul is throwing out F bombs complaining about the Chinese causing the Corona with Lime Virus. She's giggling while listening to us. She's a 40ish year old Moroccan that's been living in Canada for 20 years with her husband and two daughters. She hates Trudeau and loves Trump. Even said she though he was cute! But she was a lot of fun. After a few we went over to the cool kids pool with the swim up bar. A lot of Americans from Michigan and Boston and where ever. Eventually we went back to the room for a cool down.

Paul took a bus ride to a shopping center and came back with a bunch of Tramadal pain killers. We planned on going out to get some food that night. I've been suffering and healing with sciatica issue. But was afraid to bring my pills to Mexico. I took one Tramadol. They were 200g. I was feeling really mellow just watching the ceiling fan spin...55 But stupid me took another one before we left the room. I had an empty stomach. Turned out to be a big mistake. We had a drink at the bar and took a bus to the shopping center. Settled down at Hooters. I was drinking a Margarita and started fading and passed out! Seems to be a thing for me when vacationing with Paulie. So he wasn't surprised..55 He got us back to a cab with the help of the restaurant staff. Back to hotel lobby and a wheel chair to our room. Good night for me...555

slampay

dupree;426484 said:
we're checked in at the riu but i forget the time line. Not sure what we did the first day. But the 2nd day was sunny and warm and we settled poolside with our yeti ramblers. Those things work great. Kept the beers cold and held four plastic cups full of dos equis xx. A tan, exotic lady parked next to me. Paul is throwing out f bombs complaining about the chinese causing the corona with lime virus. She's giggling while listening to us. She's a 40ish year old moroccan that's been living in canada for 20 years with her husband and two daughters. She hates trudeau and loves trump. Even said she though he was cute! But she was a lot of fun. After a few we went over to the cool kids pool with the swim up bar. A lot of americans from michigan and boston and where ever. Eventually we went back to the room for a cool down.

Paul took a bus ride to a shopping center and came back with a bunch of tramadal pain killers. We planned on going out to get some food that night. I've been suffering and healing with sciatica issue. But was afraid to bring my pills to mexico. I took one tramadol. They were 200g. I was feeling really mellow just watching the ceiling fan spin...55 but stupid me took another one before we left the room. I had an empty stomach. Turned out to be a big mistake. We had a drink at the bar and took a bus to the shopping center. Settled down at hooters. I was drinking a margarita and started fading and passed out! Seems to be a thing for me when vacationing with paulie. So he wasn't surprised..55 he got us back to a cab with the help of the restaurant staff. Back to hotel lobby and a wheel chair to our room. Good night for me...555
5555 outstanding !!

MarcTwoSix

slampay;426485 said:
5555 outstanding !!
He's not explaining the whole thing and since he already told you
I will elaborate

Yeah this is the 2nd time this has happened on vacation with this mutt!
It seriously looks like he is dying and then the next day ge is fine
(Although I don't think so even though he does bounce back incredibly well)

Anyways he made a mess of fucking Hooters!
The security staff at the complex were awesome and really provided great care for Dopey

They eventually wheeled him out of Hooters through the shopping mall
All the people were stopped looking wondering what happened
I just kept walking behind the wheelchair saying "Bad Shrimp" 5555

The wheelchair wasn't exactly new so one leg was dragging and there were a lot of little bridges
So one lady is pushing, a young kid is holding up the leg and I jump in pushing up the bridges!

Get him in a taxi

At this point I am just tipping eveyeone that helped him
The Hooters manager for the mess Dopey made
The lady who helped him medically
The young kid who wheeled him through the mall
The taxi driver for actually letting us in his taxi!

Then the security at the hotel
He wheeled him to our room and Dupree is like "Get me a bucket" and yaks all in it
The guy's face was "I don't get paid enough for this"
So another tip!

Dupree was a bit surprised when I presented him with a bill the next day to pay me back for all the people I tipped 5555

And yes no more drugs for Grandpa when he is on holiday with me
Fool me twice shame on me!
Alcohol only for now on for Gramps!

Dupree also neglected to inform you I was a great friend
And took off his shoes and got him a cold cloth for his head

Then I went back out.....thinking it's gonna be a pain in my ass of this dude is dead in Mexico when I get back to the room 5555

Dupree

I took the correct dosage the next day. With food in my tummy.🤪

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Dupree

Quarky;426495 said:
Hope the doctors back home find a diagnosis. That's scary stuff.
Ermm...no it's not. I took too much on an empty stomach. End of story.

Rockitt

Cancun and a bad AI experience, poor food, Tramadol, an empty stomach and drinking cocktails. I think we get the picture 555.

Dupree

Rockitt;426501 said:
Cancun and a bad AI experience, poor food, Tramadol, an empty stomach and drinking cocktails. I think we get the picture 555.
It's not that bad. The Hotel pool on the beach is awesome. The water's turquoise. The temperature is perfect. Plenty of young bikinis frolicking. Pina Coladas are refreshing. I got an awesome tan. The breakfast and lunch buffet is really good. It's just the dinners that miss. And I got my dosage right now..55

Moo Uaon

Dupree;426502 said:
It's not that bad. The Hotel pool on the beach is awesome. The water's turquoise. The temperature is perfect. Plenty of young bikinis frolicking. Pina Coladas are refreshing. I got an awesome tan. The breakfast and lunch buffet is really good. It's just the dinners that miss. And I got my dosage right now..55

Wow...and chuck some melanoma action into the mix 55