Cebu

OZZYGUY

DIA works well in PI I think about 95% of the girls on that site are Filipina.

I have Travelex pre paid card, if it dosnt work just go to the next ATM.

The ATM's will work one day and then the next it wont. Not sure why but happens every trip.

bacwaan

supersub;368381 said:
Ok so I've been doing some more research and think I've got something resembling an itinerary in the works. The only travel part I'm not too sure of is getting from Malapascua island to Bohol. Suspect I'll need to head to Danao and connect there.

Manila 1 night - can't be helped.
Coron Palawan - 5 nights
Malapascua island - 4 nights
Panglao, Alona beach - 5 nights
Manila 1 night
Hong Kong stopover for a few nights.

I really wanted to check out Romblon Island, Carabao and Gresta de Gallo but I just couldn't find a way to get from Tablas to the Visayas without going back to Manila. Next time.

Cathay Pacific has a good price for this route and it's next to no extra cost to stop over in Hong Kong on the way back so I figure a few nights there could be interesting.

The Philippines sure does looks like it blessed with some of the most lushest islands and beaches in the world. It's shame I only have a few weeks as I'm barely scratching the surface but if I like it I'll definitely go back again.

https://youtu.be/GaZOBMMu5uk
just a couple of notes on your itinerary as I have just returned home last night after doing some of the same....

Malapascua...there is not a lot to do on the island...we dived with the Thresher Sharks on day 2 after traveling a half day on day 1 to get there (minbus from Cebu took 4-5 hours to the port and then another 30 min banca crossing)...in the afternoon we went over to La Bambaa Bay for a snorkel...for the sharks you need to be very early...we woke at 4am and were on the dive boat at 4.30 heading out to the dive site...day 3 we headed back to Cebu city by the same method

Alona on Pangloa was great...but 5 days there would be a long time too...we had 3 again...morning ferry Cebu City to Tag then a taxi to Alona...had a nice night out for dinner/watched a band for a bit and hit the hay...next day was scooting about the island, quite a few pics in Chobs thread...once again good dining...day 3 was meant to be diving or snorkeling to Balicasag but the weather wasn't great after a big overnight storm so we just did some snorkeling off the beach at Alona...and the next day we left for Dumaguette

The main reason for Dumaguette was to go to Apo island to dive/snorkel with the turtles....that was the highlight of the trip for me and I highly recommend it (Harolds do a day trip which caters to both snorkelers and divers..price was P1200)...all in all you can arrive Dumaguette one day from Tag (about a 1 and half hour crossing) and do Apo the next then get out the following day...we had an extra night to catch up with a mate and have a night out together...was a club with FLs in it called "Why Not" but it/they are a bit ropey...I did OK but there were loads of LBs in there...Why Not also has a great restaurant at the front..Swiss owned...iirc Chob wrote about it in his thread too

we finished our trip in Panagsama Beach Moalboal snorkeling with the millions of sardines just off shore....ferry over to mainland Cebu is only 20 mins and then a 3 hour bus ride up...make sure to take the aircon option...after that a 4 hour trip by taxi back to CC for the flight home...its possible by public bus but I didn't feel up to that with a sore eye at the time..I highly recommend Panagsama for a couple of days..it is a bit expensive for accommodation unless you can go basic...but it has its own charm

Moo Uaon

^ i think SS has mentioned before he can't swim?

I too thought he was heading to places that you have to be in the water to enjoy...no girlie action at those places too.

OZZYGUY

Once that new international airport is finished in Bohol that place is going to get busy. Wont take too long to they fuck it up.

Nels did you go to Kawasan Falls when in Moalboal?

I like that area much better than the Argao side of the island and some nice land around the Ronda area.

supersub

bacwaan;368402 said:
just a couple of notes on your itinerary as I have just returned home last night after doing some of the same....

Thanks for the info Nels. I'm glad there a few on here who have been to PH.

So firstly I went for 4 days on Malapascua as like you I assumed the 1st day would be a write off with the transfer from Cebu. The main reason I want to go there is to see Kalanggaman island, and if the weather isn't great the day I go I may look to go again. There's also Bantayan island which id like to do a day trip to. So 4 days seemed about right.

By the time I get to Panglao I think I'll be all 'islanded-out' so think I'll be glad to be somewhere with a few more people. 555 Aside from that there's a few other beaches which I wanted to explore in Panglao, aside from Alona. There are 9 in total and I want to at least see the ones over on the south side.

Dumaluan
Libaong White beach
Bikini
San Isidro
Kalipayan

I also wanted to do a day trip to see the Chocolate Hills and there's probably some other stuff in Bohol worth checking out. There's also Balicasag and Virgin Islands if I want to do any island day trips. Guess I can add Dumaguete to that list. 55

I had thought about doing less time in Coron, Malapascua and Panglao and squeezing in a few nights on the Camotes, but I'm only there for ~2 weeks so didn't want to constantly be on the on the move after a few days.

Moo Uaon;368403 said:
^ i think SS has mentioned before he can't swim?

I can swim. I just wasn't confident treading water, but that's no longer an issue as I've taken a few lessons so all good now.

OZZYGUY;368405 said:
Once that new international airport is finished in Bohol that place is going to get busy. Wont take too long to they fuck it up.

Nels did you go to Kawasan Falls when in Moalboal?

I like that area much better than the Argao side of the island and some nice land around the Ronda area.

Bohol looks really beautiful. Looks of things to take a break from beaches for sight seeing. Kawasan Falls looks quite good too. Almost a reason in itself to do that last day in Cebu instead of going back to Manila.

-----

@all - thanks for pitching in with info. Have any of you been to Coron and is it worth it? I know along with El Nido it's a very popular place. But the lagoon and lake stuff actually don't interest me. I'm more up for seeing the nearby islands like Banana, Ditaytayan, Malcapuya and Bulog Dos.

So my question is, is Coron special enough to warrant a stay there just to see those 3 islands or are there any others in the region I could access for a day trip which are as nice as the ones listed above? Or should I look to go elsewhere instead of Coron which offers islands on par with the above and enough to fill 3 days or so. If I can get to it from Manila, and then from there to Cebu then I'm open to suggestions.

OZZYGUY

supersub;368419 said:

So firstly I went for 4 days on Malapascua as like you I assumed the 1st day would be a write off with the transfer from Cebu. The main reason I want to go there is to see Kalanggaman island, and if the weather isn't great the day I go I may look to go again. There's also Bantayan island which id like to do a day trip to. So 4 days seemed about right.

By the time I get to Panglao I think I'll be all 'islanded-out' so think I'll be glad to be somewhere with a few more people. 555 Aside from that there's a few other beaches which I wanted to explore in Panglao, aside from Alona. There are 9 in total and I want to at least see the ones over on the south side.

Dumaluan
Libaong White beach
Bikini
San Isidro
Kalipayan

I also wanted to do a day trip to see the Chocolate Hills and there's probably some other stuff in Bohol worth checking out. There's also Balicasag and Virgin Islands if I want to do any island day trips. Guess I can add Dumaguete to that list. 55

I had thought about doing less time in Coron, Malapascua and Panglao and squeezing in a few nights on the Camotes, but I'm only there for ~2 weeks so didn't want to constantly be on the on the move after a few days.

I can swim. I just wasn't confident treading water, but that's no longer an issue as I've taken a few lessons so all good now.

Bohol looks really beautiful. Looks of things to take a break from beaches for sight seeing. Kawasan Falls looks quite good too. Almost a reason in itself to do that last day in Cebu instead of going back to Manila.

-----

@all - thanks for pitching in with info. Have any of you been to Coron and is it worth it? I know along with El Nido it's a very popular place. But the lagoon and lake stuff actually don't interest me. I'm more up for seeing the nearby islands like Banana, Ditaytayan, Malcapuya and Bulog Dos.

So my question is, is Coron special enough to warrant a stay there just to see those 3 islands or are there any others in the region I could access for a day trip which are as nice as the ones listed above? Or should I look to go elsewhere instead of Coron which offers islands on par with the above and enough to fill 3 days or so. If I can get to it from Manila, and then from there to Cebu then I'm open to suggestions.
By the time you are finished this trip SS you would have been to more places in the Phils than me....55

I been to Cebu a few times a year for the last 3 years or so but most trips I just hang out in Argao or go mountain biking in the south of Cebu with the local guys. I do need to get out and last trip we did go to Bohol. My Daughter has seen way more of the Phils than me.

supersub

OZZYGUY;368425 said:
By the time you are finished this trip SS you would have been to more places in the Phils than me....55
I just can't get over how many lovely islands there are there. Will warrant future trips for sure.

I just watched that Argao video and it looks like a nice town. I may well look to stay there at the end of the trip before heading home.

OZZYGUY

supersub;368435 said:
I just can't get over how many lovely islands there are there. Will warrant future trips for sure.

I just watched that Argao video and it looks like a nice town. I may well look to stay there at the end of the trip before heading home.

Argao is pretty quiet thou not much to do unless you know people. It's a two bar town but a good central point to the South.

There is also a boat from Argao to Bohol but its a barge so slow.

Rivo

OZZYGUY;373027 said:
Stay out of the churches.......;rofl;

555....................there is some stunning looking churches in the Philippines................................

Ian Forbes

Stillearly;368399 said:
I had forgotten about DIA , just logged in , 30 secs later , message from a Filipino lady who wants to be my partner forever 555
You just very hot man, Ian. All Ians are. 5555
Attached files

sidvicious

supersub;368419 said:

Dumaluan
Libaong White beach
Bikini
San Isidro
Kalipayan

-----

JDX was in Coron on his last SEA trip i think.Ive not done Palawan yet so cannot comment there.
The PI is a bit rough around the edges but the place grow on you.Like Ozzyguy, i try to avoid Manila where I can. Cebu city is normally my base when in PI. Its a small city but I like it.Taxis are cheap and the food isnt too bad.Lots of decent Filipino and other asian food choices around.Get yourself a hot tour guide to show you around 555.

OZZYGUY

Land slide in Naga south of Cebu city today.

Wife is there now tells me lots of crushed houses, 15 dead so far but lots of people missing.

Ian Forbes

I often wonder why people build homes under steep hillsides in earth quake areas. I have similar thoughts about building homes in areas prone to flooding or where tornados frequently happen.