Cebu

OZZYGUY

Ian Forbes;382584 said:
I often wonder why people build homes under steep hillsides in earth quake areas. I have similar thoughts about building homes in areas prone to flooding or where tornados frequently happen.
When I was in Cebu last I looked at a few propertys. All at the top of mountain areas. You would think it was safe but if it was the top of that hill I would now own land at the bottom.

bacwaan

IIRC the news story from those pics, a large percentage of the deaths from that landslide came from miners who were working and living up on top of that mountain but were forced to come down to shelter at the bottom of that mountain where the mudslide occurred due to the TC...a very unfortunate decision...

OZZYGUY

bacwaan;382623 said:
IIRC the news story from those pics, a large percentage of the deaths from that landslide came from miners who were working and living up on top of that mountain but were forced to come down to shelter at the bottom of that mountain where the mudslide occurred due to the TC...a very unfortunate decision...
Janice said they stopped the search last night at 6pm, surly they would have lights and continue looking for people through the night.
She is about to find out what the traffic is like and head to the city. Its bad through that area on a good day.