Chiang Mai Directory

V

vanguy77

kaptainrob;41518 said:
Same same as any 7-11 :??:
55555 .. no kidding, the 7-11's in LOS are usually freezing!

Jaffaman;41521 said:
You mean the snow place in Bangers at the theme park?
I took two there, waste of money unless they have a liking for ice. Mine wanted out in 3 minutes.
Nope, they advertise one on the CM Zoo website (link above) ... from the pic it looks like they must rent parkas too, as everyone is wearing one. Maybe they are included in entrance fee, which is 150 baht/adult.

"Snow dome, near the panda house, Snow dome visitor will be experienced the imitation North or South Pole in the coolest atmosphere with a snow storm. Furthermore, Chiang Mai Zoo continues to work in every part to conserve and give knowledge about wild-life."

kaptainrob

Administrator
This link will excite and enthuse CM residents ONLY, especially DIY'ers and home builders > ARKARNSIN

The general hardware and equipment store is located in CM city centre, western side of Muang Mai markets, almost opposite Siam Commercial Bank. One can't miss it as all heavy equipment, compactors, ride-on lawn mowers, cement mixers etc are unpacked and assembled on (what was once) the footpath.

Want a laser level, lathe or drill press, water pump or gerni, ss wire or shackles ... they've got it. They stock EVERYTHING and if you can't find a particular item or model, they'll get it for you.

Moo Uaon

kaptainrob;41411 said:
Ban Tawai is a must ... if you like arts and crafts, furniture and intricate wood-carving.
Saw a fair at Ban Tawai being advertised for next weekend. Don`t know what it involves but i`d be steering clear as there`s FA parking there and big tour buses clogging up the place even on quiet week days. BT`s got a lot of good home maker stuff to browse though.

Index is probably better.

Also some cheapish but nice looking furniture at Ban Ma just the othe side of Lamphun about a 20 min drive from the south of CM. I found some nice little L shape lounges there for a little over 12k baht at one of the many places there.

J

Jaffaman

Hows that map work Rob, no markers on it at the moment. are all the coppers at the pub?

Norabunga

It's "real time' Stew. If there's no checkpoints there will be a blank map.
If people report checkpoints, they will show up on the map.

p.s. I posted a link to this map on your Facebook about two weeks ago $$$

kaptainrob

Administrator
For all Dental treatment in CM, incl., implants, crowns, dentures etc

Dr Jarunee Wattanakla, Empress Dental Care Clinic - fluent English spoken by most staff.
Her clinic is just 10m south of the Yummy Pizza turn-in from Canal Road when heading south through Mae Hia.
053 111 299
081 111 4200
E: empressdentalAThotmailDOTcom

Dr Jarunee is highly qualified (Germany) and provided the best care I've ever received, explaining every procedure in detail using modern computerised photographic and X-ray equipment. AUD$40 for work I've had done previously in Qld at more than 4 times the cost, included panoramic X-rays, anesthetic and post-procedural meds. She's a pleasant lady to speak with by phone.

Moo Uaon

CM is mountain bikers heaven. We had an event last year that the pommy world champ raced at.
Attached files

Norabunga

kaptainrob;56617 said:
For all Dental treatment in CM, incl., implants, crowns, dentures etc

Dr Jarunee Wattanakla, Empress Dental Care Clinic - fluent English spoken by most staff.
Her clinic is just 10m south of the Yummy Pizza turn-in from Canal Road when heading south through Mae Hia.
053 111 299
081 111 4200
E: empressdentalAThotmailDOTcom

Dr Jarunee is highly qualified (Germany) and provided the best care I've ever received, explaining every procedure in detail using modern computerised photographic and X-ray equipment. AUD$40 for work I've had done previously in Qld at more than 4 times the cost, included panoramic X-rays, anesthetic and post-procedural meds. She's a pleasant lady to speak with by phone.
Dr Jarunee and her colleagues have transformed my mouth from a disaster zone in 2009 to the handsum man that I am now.
Can't speak highly enough of Empress Dental.
I agree she is a pleasant person. She even convinced me to shave off my moustache to show off her work 555.
Did I recommend her to you Rob? If so, tell her I'll pick up my spotter's fee in May ;)

kaptainrob

Administrator
Norabunga;56628 said:
Dr Jarunee and her colleagues have transformed my mouth from a disaster zone in 2009 to the handsum man that I am now.
Can't speak highly enough of Empress Dental.
I agree she is a pleasant person. She even convinced me to shave off my moustache to show off her work 555.
Did I recommend her to you Rob? If so, tell her I'll pick up my spotter's fee in May ;)
Sorry, no spotters unless you posted about Dr Jarunee over on TV?

Moo Uaon

^ I was there twice in the last week and it was a bloke that did my crown?

I first saw the place mentioned on TV as well as Dr Morgan.

wabbits

Moo Uaon;56618 said:
CM is mountain bikers heaven. We had an event last year that the pommy world champ raced at.
Looks like there are some serious climbs for the roadies and from what i can see is a big mountain bike movement there.
Will be getting a mountain bike for the village.

J

josho

Moo Uaon;56618 said:
steve peat is the guy you are referring to :)

P.S thanks for the links guys, very helpful.

Moo Uaon

Moo Uaon;56618 said:
Steve Peat is coming again for the CM Downhill race on 1/2 November, also coming is his teammmate Josh Bryceland, Nico Vink, Wyn Masters etc
Looks more organized this time with bike transport from Chiang Mai, shuttles etc