Chiang Mai hotel

MarcTwoSix

Hi
Anyone have any recommendations for a hotel near night market?
1k-2k range
It is for my wife and MIL

Moo Uaon

Le Meridien is a popular one,night market at the door step.

Duangtawan were the queen stays just about across the road from it is popular with thais.

Royal Mae Ping just a little farther away too..

kaptainrob

Administrator
Mawin Hotel is on eastern side of Ping River, directly opposite the iron bridge ... 5 mins walk from night market. @ 750bbt per night it's hard to beat for location. The Dukes and Rimping shopping mall just 50m away.

Hotel M at Thapae Gate, other end of Loi Kroh and where Sunday market is located would be more central and priced from ~ 1500bt.

MarcTwoSix

kaptainrob;238651 said:
Mawin Hotel is on eastern side of Ping River, directly opposite the iron bridge ... 5 mins walk from night market. @ 750bbt per night it's hard to beat for location. The Dukes and Rimping shopping mall just 50m away.

Hotel M at Thapae Gate, other end of Loi Kroh and where Sunday market is located would be more central and priced from ~ 1500bt.
Actually you just settled a small debate me and Ao had and you didn't even know it!!

We couldn't figure out if we been to the night market or something else.
She was convinced it was the Night Market but I kept saying it was a different one by the gate......guess I meant the Sunday Night Market

They actually get there on a Sunday morning. So can do both

MarcTwoSix

Moo Uaon;238650 said:
Le Meridien is a popular one,night market at the door step.

Duangtawan were the queen stays just about across the road from it is popular with thais.

Royal Mae Ping just a little farther away too..
Not looking at that price range for them.....although we have stayed at Least Meridien twice and really liked it.

I am spending a fair bit of money beforehand on a rented villa in HH so that the whole family can hang out for 5 days.
Will easily be 30 people most days hanging out(not all staying at villa)
We them taking my stepson and neice to Phuket and Vietnam

So more in the 1-2k range or the ones Rob pointed out

MarcTwoSix

kaptainrob;238651 said:

Rob both of those are perfect! I just looked.

Which one, in your opinion has more street life outside the hotel
A TG and her mom......besides the Temple they are going to see and markets all they want to do is eat in the street by their hotel.

Also, do you know any good taxi guys that can take them to this temple and a fee other attractions for a day? How much you think that is?

Thanks

Moo Uaon

royal mae ping is around 1.5k/night. plenty of activity near there.

great pool area with entertainment too. nowhere as long a walk to the night market.

kaptainrob

Administrator
MarcTwoSix;238657 said:
Rob both of those are perfect! I just looked.

Which one, in your opinion has more street life outside the hotel
A TG and her mom......besides the Temple they are going to see and markets all they want to do is eat in the street by their hotel.

Also, do you know any good taxi guys that can take them to this temple and a fee other attractions for a day? How much you think that is?

Thanks
Hotel M might be considered centre of everything. Best cheap eats food in CM a few steps away at Sailomjoy (check TripAdvisor) but the choice of places to eat within a few metres would number in the 100's.

Hotel doorman can whistle up a songtaew or taxi for Wat Pra Tat on Doi Suthep. Wat Chedi Luang is an easy walk from Thapae Gate but there are many others within a few 100m.

MarcTwoSix

kaptainrob;238661 said:
Hotel M might be considered centre of everything. Best cheap eats food in CM a few steps away at Sailomjoy (check TripAdvisor) but the choice of places to eat within a few metres would number in the 100's.

Hotel doorman can whistle up a songtaew or taxi for Wat Pra Tat on Doi Suthep. Wat Chedi Luang is an easy walk from Thapae Gate but there are many others within a few 100m.
Yeah.....was just looking at TA.....M Hotel looks perfect
Thanks

MarcTwoSix

KR/Moo

Do you guys know The Empress Hotel?
Gets really good reviews on TA

We can book them there for a good price w/ breakfast/pool..........

More want to know if location ok? Seems a couple blocks from market?

Thanks
Attached files

kaptainrob

Administrator
Moo exaggerates 55 I could walk anywhere no problem! But for a TG, no way! Not the most salubrious part of town either. I'd look at Chiang Mai Mercure Hotel instead as at least it has clean rooms and FREE shuttle to and from Night Market. Mercure is on other side of town and has Tops supermarket alongside ... otherwise just as far from anything of interest.

Or book in at Rivo/Chob's special little guest house ... it's in the market and approx 800 THB p/n.

Moo Uaon

kaptainrob;247633 said:
Moo exaggerates 55 I could walk anywhere no problem! But for a TG, no way!
twas exactly what i had in mind,considering he was looking for 2 of them :)

OZZYGUY

Marc I always stay at Thaphae garden guest house, Small family run place and walking distance to most places. Has a pool and very friendly. The owners has a van so can drive you around any place in the north.

I pay around 700 per night

Nomad

Anyone stayed at Nap at Chiang Mai in Loi Kroh Road? Going to be there over New Year with the MIL & FIL in tow. No pool, but looks like a good location and good reviews.

Moo Uaon

i've pointed some friends in the direction of royal mae ping.
similar position to nap.got a pool that has entertainbment of a night where BYO is ok and on LK road but set back just a tad.
they all liked the rooms.

Nomad

1080;295334 said:
Royal Lanna Hotel is not a bad place, stayed there a few times and very central.
Moo Uaon;295433 said:
i've pointed some friends in the direction of royal mae ping.
similar position to nap.got a pool that has entertainbment of a night where BYO is ok and on LK road but set back just a tad.
they all liked the rooms.
Thanks guys. They are both more than twice the price of Nap, and rated lower, Lanna particularly. Raming is a couple of hundred ($s) a week cheaper. By the way, I am assuming Royal mae ping is Imperial Mae Ping Hotel, nothing coming up for the former.