Chiang Rai Photo Thread

OZZYGUY

Well-known member
Studio 99 is 3000tb a night way out of my price range.....55

I have booked this one. About 650tb with breakie same area.
But I will be looking around this trip to try find a new place if this isnt suitable.

https://www.booking.com/hotel/th/ch...IAgGoAgQ;sid=1bae0a58865c9e671d2faa0f8f38a669


Moo Uaon;388776 said:
Nora mentioned it on Chob's thread...he said the current tennant is moving out and taking a lot of stuff with her.

I always liked the look of Studio 99 up the soi from Thapae Gardens so staying there in April as i'm use to staying in that area now.





Oops...CR thread 55
 

OZZYGUY

Well-known member
Moo Uaon;388784 said:
Got the girlie tagging along so went a bit opulent 555 she wanted to see CM.
555 show off,

Or were you worried you may bump into someone at the GF places...55
 

sidvicious

Well-known member
Moo Uaon;388784 said:
I got it for 2k baht in April.
Got the girlie tagging along so went a bit opulent 555 she wanted to see CM.
That's a good price. I looked at it a few times but it was too expensive. That is a nice area....quiet and away from the crowds but still within walking distance to the action for me.
 

sidvicious

Well-known member
OZZYGUY;388782 said:
Studio 99 is 3000tb a night way out of my price range.....55

I have booked this one. About 650tb with breakie same area.
But I will be looking around this trip to try find a new place if this isnt suitable.

https://www.booking.com/hotel/th/ch...IAgGoAgQ;sid=1bae0a58865c9e671d2faa0f8f38a669
Your one doesnt look too bad either and inexpensive. Soi 5.Find out if its guest friendly though. I stayed at Tapae Place last time. Very basic but fairly big place. Same area and was about the price you are paying.
 

OZZYGUY

Well-known member
sidvicious;388800 said:
Your one doesnt look too bad either and inexpensive. Soi 5.Find out if its guest friendly though. I stayed at Tapae Place last time. Very basic but fairly big place. Same area and was about the price you are paying.
I cannot test if guest friendly but will ask at reception. A few BM’s need a new place now the old one is shut down. Will be there 24th.
 

Ian Forbes

New member
I would like to add to this thread, but my hotel in Chiang Mai is not friendly with this forum. All I can access it with is my cell
Phone. Zooming in and out to see anything is a pain.
 

Rivo

New member
Nautilus;388676 said:
Never been, any recommendations for accommodation?

There are 100's of hotels in CR, depending on your requirements and budget there will be something suitable.
 

Rivo

New member
Moo Uaon;388770 said:
Wangcome Hotel is right in the middle but up around 2k baht...i think.
Some of the bike riding boys stay there.

Ive stayed here on 2 x occasions, 1st time was about 1200b with breakfast, the hotel is a bit dated IMO, cant beat the location, I still park the car there when in town, security guards dont seem to bother checking wether im staying there or not 555
 

Rivo

New member
The artists who drew this mural of the cave rescue on a wall in Chiang Rai are very talented...........................











 

Nomad

Well-known member
Rivo;389850 said:
The artists who drew this mural of the cave rescue on a wall in Chiang Rai are very talented...........................


I assume that is the PM on the right. Anyone notice that the PM has his back to everyone? Any deeper meaning here? I can't recall.
 

Ian Forbes

New member
Nomad;390683 said:
With built in biker skewers at their base.
Pardon my black humour, but now that you've "pointed" it out, those would do the job nicely. 555

Can you imagine the outcry if someone got skewered on one of those?
 

Nomad

Well-known member
Ian Forbes;390688 said:
Pardon my black humour, but now that you've "pointed" it out, those would do the job nicely. 555

Can you imagine the outcry if someone got skewered on one of those?
This one in Australia is slice and dice.

 

Rivo

New member
This is called Pha Chang Park and is great for a photo, you can ride the 1km around the giant rock, seems to be a limestone outcrop in rural Chiang Rai, not many like this out that way...........................








 

Rivo

New member
Nomad;390682 said:
I assume that is the PM on the right. Anyone notice that the PM has his back to everyone? Any deeper meaning here? I can't recall.

From what my missus was saying at the time was that he was a good man, every farmer that had there farm flooded was compensated, the government paid to feed everyone for the few weeks of the cave saga aswell was what she said.
 
Top