Christmas In Bang Pla

do ron

Anyone one here been around Bang Pla Samut Prakhan Province ?

I've got almost 3 weeks there for Christmas with Ms Do Ron . The big mango is only half an hour up the road i believe , apart from heading there for Christmas Turkey and meeting a friend between Christmas day and New years don't have any plans and a little uncertain what to do with the time .

MarcTwoSix

Malls and factories that's about it 5555

Actually the Chao Phraya goes through Samut Prakan so you can explore the river area bit

But honestly not a ton to do in the area. Attractions wise

But plenty of easy BTS stops all over so you can get anywhere easy

do ron

Actually the Chao Phraya goes through Samut Prakan so you can explore the river area bit

But honestly not a ton to do in the area. Attractions wise

But plenty of easy BTS stops all over so you can get anywhere easy
Ya Ms Ron hasn't been home since parents moved there from central BKK so not sure what to expect . Cant really come back from Sukhumvit every night leathered to her parents .

Will hit up Samut Prakhan and BKK , think we have to drive to train station then get BTS in to BKK .

Don't see too much Farang activity locally on google maps .

MarcTwoSix

Ya Ms Ron hasn't been home since parents moved there from central BKK so not sure what to expect . Cant really come back from Sukhumvit every night leathered to her parents .

Will hit up Samut Prakhan and BKK , think we have to drive to train station then get BTS in to BKK .

Don't see too much Farang activity locally on google maps .
I can give you good local spots to hit up if you want?

Like outdoor Thai pubs in Samut Prakan
My wife knows many of them

Minder

,,,, I can't think of a better place to do a daytime coffee shop crawl .... 555

I spent most of my recent trip to BKK - and most previous trips - around Samut Prakhan as Mrs M's family live in Bang Phli and the Minder Mansion is in Bang Bo on the other side of the Bang Na Trad Hway ( the road to Pattaya).

I like the area and enjoy my time wandering around - but it is basically Bangkok suburbia - nobody yells "farang" when they see you but - and the recent trip was a good example of this - you can wander around all day there and not see another farang.

A 300 baht taxi ride should get you home from Sukhumvit after midnight ...

MarcTwoSix

I spent most of my recent trip to BKK - and most previous trips - around Samut Prakhan as Mrs M's family live in Bang Phli and the Minder Mansion is in Bang Bo on the other side of the Bang Na Trad Hway ( the road to Pattaya).

I like the area and enjoy my time wandering around - but it is basically Bangkok suburbia - nobody yells "farang" when they see you but - and the recent trip was a good example of this - you can wander around all day there and not see another farang.

We see more farang in my wife's old area because there is a lot of International Schools over that way, but not much

I will be off staying at our new house in Nonthaburi for 4 days next month..........I'd imagine I will be only white face for miles

do ron

Think that's where we are Bang Phli . An alloy wheel shop to keep us company