Cost of living

Quarky

Administrator
Notorius;404800 said:
I loved Ricky gervais (Derek) interpretation of it above. So pure. Money is very strange and the effect it has on people even more so. I have lost my entire group of friends (good riddance) because of it over 3 years. It disgusts me how someone can throw away something for a short term benefit. Very strange.

I have no real value in money. It comes and goes. If I can help someone I will do. For example I bought Santa for my friend and a lot more. There was an understanding that it would all come back from an inheritance and my friend did the legal work for free as a favour to me. When he told me it was in her account, I was blocked. The closest person I had. I made sure her kids had a Christmas, paid elec, loads more and the minute I wasn’t needed. Bang.

Now, I don’t really care. Good riddance. But fcucking hell, how can someone do that?
But I don't understand why you would do that for someone who felt that way about you? Surely you'd know.... how long had you known them?

Ian Forbes

Quarky;404809 said:
But I don't understand why you would do that for someone who felt that way about you? Surely you'd know.... how long had you known them?
My older sister was much the same. So was my brother. I have almost nothing to do with them today, and we were very close as children.

Quarky

Administrator
Ian Forbes;404811 said:
My older sister was much the same. So was my brother. I have almost nothing to do with them today, and we were very close as children.
I can imagine it with family... cause you do dumb stuff for blood... but with friends... only your most trusted do you normally help in big ways like that...

Notorius

Quarky;404809 said:
I have posted before about my disregard for money. It always seems to come back so I don't worry about it. I'd give my last tanner to a guy on the street and actually did last week. I would do anything for friends especially when it's for the kids. I know it sounds stupid but it never bothers me. But broken trust does. And it cuts deep.

I got a text tonight saying how bad they feel and how haven't stopped crying. Blah blah blah.