Demise of Entertainment Venues after Covid

Quarky

Administrator
Never been Edinburgh , I've been Glasgow a few times . Not a bad city if you're trying to get a leg over .

Scandinavia ive ever been to and haven't much interest in either . Wouldn't mind Istanbul though .
So many great cities in Europe. Prague, Barcelona, Florence and my favourite small city... Heidelberg.

I'd like to do Norway... a train ride up to Lapland... Call in to Molde... Norway seems like a cold version of NZ.

do ron

So many great cities in Europe. Prague, Barcelona, Florence and my favourite small city... Heidelberg.

I'd like to do Norway... a train ride up to Lapland... Call in to Molde... Norway seems like a cold version of NZ.
Its seriously expensive Norway apparently . Like 50 $ for a take-away pizza .

Dupree

Thats the aspect about Europe that ive under appreciated - you can jump on a flight and within a couple of hours be in a completely different culture .
You can do that in the States too. California to Arizona....55

do ron

Anyone been to Sofia? I don't hear much about Bulgaria...
Most that go to Bulgaria head for the Black Sea resorts .

Ive met a few Moldovan's here , extremely nice people . They're a mix of Russian and Romanian , Chisanau is the capital - you should check that out .

And perhaps Ukraine whilst you're over there .

Quarky

Administrator
Most that go to Bulgaria head for the Black Sea resorts .

Ive met a few Moldovan's here , extremely nice people . They're a mix of Russian and Romanian , Chisanau is the capital - you should check that out .

And perhaps Ukraine whilst you're over there .
I've been to old Moldova. ie NE Romania. I like it... Great architecture. Laid back... A mix of old and new.

PeteGill

Tahitian Queen Bar on Beach road in Pattaya , the oldest bar in Patts , has closed apparently , think it opened in 1979 iirc
I have seen a few Pattaya related vlogs that say that the Tahatian Queen has been saved and is either open again, or is about to open

A mention in here.

Stillearly

As the article says this has been reported to be happening many times over the last 30 years ... not going to worry about it until it actually does

chelski

I never considered Phuket that laid back
Plenty of other places way more laid back

My wife famously said about Phuket after landing from 6 says in Samui

"Phuket made me lose my relax" 55555
I agree with Ao about what she said, after Phuket.
I normally have felt Like I needed a week to get over the holiday when I get back from Phuket.
But when going to Samui and Hua Hin I have come back from both places feeling like I have had a holiday and totally relaxedf