Demise of Entertainment Venues after Covid

PeteGill

As the article says this has been reported to be happening many times over the last 30 years ... not going to worry about it until it actually does
The agogo's on the side Soi's off Walking Street may not be effected?As long as there still is a windmill there is no other reason to go down that way anyway 5555

MarcTwoSix

I agree with Ao about what she said, after Phuket.
I normally have felt Like I needed a week to get over the holiday when I get back from Phuket.
But when going to Samui and Hua Hin I have come back from both places feeling like I have had a holiday and totally relaxedf
Nice to see you back bud....

PeteGill

I had just posted that it was ripping through the Uni bars in Thonglor
And that is what the article says

But they will do heavy restrictions so doubt it will reach anything close to the dire level warnings
Interesting, BM's tend to think places like Bangla, Soi 4 or Walking Street when entertainment venue's are mentioned. But the Uni bar area's are massive and can get packed. Especially over weekends.
A friend took me to an area very close to the uni in Udon Thani where the students party. It was huge with any number of bars, all packed. And I swear we were the only two Farang there. Everyone just ignored us.

MarcTwoSix

Interesting, BM's tend to think places like Bangla, Soi 4 or Walking Street when entertainment venue's are mentioned. But the Uni bar area's are massive and can get packed. Especially over weekends
A friend took me to an area very close to the uni in Udon Thani where the students party. It was huge with any number of bars, all packed. And I swear we were the only two Farang there. Everyone just ignored us.
Uni kids are the same everywhere

Where my stepson goes to University in Rangsit is awesome
All these cool little bars and restaurants all set up right in front of the student apartments
(Reminded of sort of like Tokyo areas)

My stepson lives in a huge apartment complex that is just for Thamassat students
It had security gates

And I said to my wife, it literally is the same as any college campus in the US

Right down to girls walking around in sweatpants/joggers
That's a big thing in University in the US
But when do you ever see that in Thailand???

PeteGill

My first visit to Udon I stayed in a fairly new hotel very close to the Uni. Newish place with huge rooms. The daily rate was cheap enough, but most the rooms were monthly let's. And mostly students.. my mates then GF, now wife operated a small Thia restaurant out on the forecourt. Mom an pop shop next door where beer was cheap. It was a pleasant stay. for very little money.
The eye candy was exceptional 555