Demise of Entertainment Venues after Covid

PeteGill

As the article says this has been reported to be happening many times over the last 30 years ... not going to worry about it until it actually does
The agogo's on the side Soi's off Walking Street may not be effected?As long as there still is a windmill there is no other reason to go down that way anyway 5555

MarcTwoSix

I agree with Ao about what she said, after Phuket.
I normally have felt Like I needed a week to get over the holiday when I get back from Phuket.
But when going to Samui and Hua Hin I have come back from both places feeling like I have had a holiday and totally relaxedf
Nice to see you back bud....

PeteGill

I had just posted that it was ripping through the Uni bars in Thonglor
And that is what the article says

But they will do heavy restrictions so doubt it will reach anything close to the dire level warnings
Interesting, BM's tend to think places like Bangla, Soi 4 or Walking Street when entertainment venue's are mentioned. But the Uni bar area's are massive and can get packed. Especially over weekends.
A friend took me to an area very close to the uni in Udon Thani where the students party. It was huge with any number of bars, all packed. And I swear we were the only two Farang there. Everyone just ignored us.

MarcTwoSix

Interesting, BM's tend to think places like Bangla, Soi 4 or Walking Street when entertainment venue's are mentioned. But the Uni bar area's are massive and can get packed. Especially over weekends
A friend took me to an area very close to the uni in Udon Thani where the students party. It was huge with any number of bars, all packed. And I swear we were the only two Farang there. Everyone just ignored us.
Uni kids are the same everywhere

Where my stepson goes to University in Rangsit is awesome
All these cool little bars and restaurants all set up right in front of the student apartments
(Reminded of sort of like Tokyo areas)

My stepson lives in a huge apartment complex that is just for Thamassat students
It had security gates

And I said to my wife, it literally is the same as any college campus in the US

Right down to girls walking around in sweatpants/joggers
That's a big thing in University in the US
But when do you ever see that in Thailand???

PeteGill

My first visit to Udon I stayed in a fairly new hotel very close to the Uni. Newish place with huge rooms. The daily rate was cheap enough, but most the rooms were monthly let's. And mostly students.. my mates then GF, now wife operated a small Thia restaurant out on the forecourt. Mom an pop shop next door where beer was cheap. It was a pleasant stay. for very little money.
The eye candy was exceptional 555

Chob

^ Its all like this Andy !
I been telling you all for months.
A month back ( Songkran ) we got a little busier and I thought , "Well , they are going hell bent with this reopening 'sandbox' thing on July 1 , and if its like this it wont be too bad. I mean , it cant get any quieter..."
But it did get quieter !
I was so wrong !
Its pin drop quiet now.
Not even massage girls , "Yoo Hoo ing".
Totally empty streets.
Nothing , nobody , nada....

Which actually makes it a bit depressing , as theres nobody to share and enjoy the quietness with. ( Well I have the girls/neighbours.)
When Prayut said he wasnt vaxing any falangs , a few more left Kamala/Patong. Just went.
And I thought I may have to.
I mean what sort of country says , "We know we have to vax EVERYBODY for us all to be safe , but we only ordered HALF a populations vax , and the foreigners here cant buy vax as we didnt order it for them , so if they are vaxed , they will be vaxed only after all our already neglected peasants are vaxed ( and we dont care a rice grain about them ) ."
A bitter taste came into my mouth for a full 4 days .
A quiet anger at how racist this country really is run. So Im a 'burden ' on Thailand , and they wont even give me the chance to lighten it by paying 10 times the going rate to vax and NOT be a burden ?
But now hes rescinded that ( pressure ? I dont know ) , and is ordering 110 million doses , incuding 5 million Modena.
Or so he says.

MarcTwoSix

^ Its all like this Andy !
I been telling you all for months.
A month back ( Songkran ) we got a little busier and I thought , "Well , they are going hell bent with this reopening 'sandbox' thing on July 1 , and if its like this it wont be too bad. I mean , it cant get any quieter..."
But it did get quieter !
I was so wrong !
Its pin drop quiet now.
Not even massage girls , "Yoo Hoo ing".
Totally empty streets.
Nothing , nobody , nada....

Which actually makes it a bit depressing , as theres nobody to share and enjoy the quietness with. ( Well I have the girls/neighbours.)
When Prayut said he wasnt vaxing any falangs , a few more left Kamala/Patong. Just went.
And I thought I may have to.
I mean what sort of country says , "We know we have to vax EVERYBODY for us all to be safe , but we only ordered HALF a populations vax , and the foreigners here cant buy vax as we didnt order it for them , so if they are vaxed , they will be vaxed only after all our already neglected peasants are vaxed ( and we dont care a rice grain about them ) ."
A bitter taste came into my mouth for a full 4 days .
A quiet anger at how racist this country really is run. So Im a 'burden ' on Thailand , and they wont even give me the chance to lighten it by paying 10 times the going rate to vax and NOT be a burden ?
But now hes rescinded that ( pressure ? I dont know ) , and is ordering 110 million doses , incuding 5 million Modena.
Or so he says.
Obviously the US is a different case in terns of vaccine supply

But on all the sites, the State Government ones and the pharmacies, they state clearly within the 1st few sentences that you don't need to show ID or insurance card, anyone can get it

Ao was real concerned they'd deny her
But I guess there has been a lot of Thais on social media posting they have gotten their vaccine in the US
So now she doesn't worry

She said Prayut came out and said all those Thais must be lying about getting their shots in the US!

One other thing
Mr Biden now has Uber/Lfyt giving free rides to/from vaccine sites to get more people to go

do ron

But on all the sites, the State Government ones and the pharmacies, they state clearly within the 1st few sentences that you don't need to show ID or insurance card, anyone can get it

But I guess there has been a lot of Thais on social media posting they have gotten their vaccine in the US
So now she doesn't worry

She said Prayut came out and said all those Thais must be lying about getting their shots in the US!

One other thing
Mr Biden now has Uber/Lfyt giving free rides to/from vaccine sites to get more people to go
Its rumoured - some Thai Girl flew into New York on a holiday / to see relatives and got a vaccine straight away .

The story got back to Thailand via Khaosod or pantip . Apparently well heeled Thai's are now trying to book flights to New York .

Something to that effect anyway .

MarcTwoSix

Its rumoured - some Thai Girl flew into New York on a holiday / to see relatives and got a vaccine straight away .

The story got back to Thailand via Khaosod or pantip . Apparently well heeled Thai's are now trying to book flights to New York .

Something to that effect anyway .
Well they would need US passports or being a spouse of a US citizen

But a lot of Thais may fall under that......

But glad the story got back so my wife isn't worried that she can't get it

She will get her 1st shot a couple days after she lands

It's all walk-in now jn Boston
Don't even need to book an appointment

I get my 1st shot in Vancouver tomorrow 😀

do ron

Well they would need US passports or being a spouse of a US citizen

But a lot of Thais may fall under that......

But glad the story got back so my wife isn't worried that she can't get it

She will get her 1st shot a couple days after she lands

It's all walk-in now jn Boston
Don't even need to book an appointment

I get my 1st shot in Vancouver tomorrow 😀
Can Thai's not get an automatic tourist visa for the Sates - SORRY SILLY QUESTION NO .

There was cases here years ago of health tourists , basically arriving in the UK with whatever ailment and availing of free NHS treatment but that's another can of worms .

Yes ive had my 1st jab already , had very minor side-effects . Slept like a baby that night .

MarcTwoSix

Can Thai's not get an automatic tourist visa for the Sates - SORRY SILLY QUESTION NO .

There was cases here years ago of health tourists , basically arriving in the UK with whatever ailment and availing of free NHS treatment but that's another can of worms .

Yes ive had my 1st jab already , had very minor side-effects . Slept like a baby that night .
No they can't

But also there is still entry restrictions due to covid

Even though my wife has a 10yr visitors visa, if she wasn't married to a US citizen she wouldn't be able to enter the US at the moment

Canada is immediate family only
I was surprised her visa for Canada took only about a week to do
Thought because of covid it would have been a bit harder to get

Chob

So now she doesn't worry

One other thing
He would have to say that when he originally only ordered 50 million vax , and stated that he had not allowed for falang in that order.
Then he said his government would ensure every Thai would be vaxed BEFORE any falang , so Private Hospitals couldnt order seperately as their orders would be too small to be commercially viable anyway .
And that EVERY government in any nation all prioritised their citizens.

I dont know what happened in the back ground , but this week he says the order is to be 110 million vaxes , and private hospitals can order and administer alternative vaxes.