Demise of Entertainment Venues after Covid

do ron

Thankfully there was no loss of life . I don’t think the true figures we released after the Tiger Disco fire in Patong a decade ago .
A lot of the girls for obvious reasons didn’t make it known to family they were staying in a party town with a bad reputation - so perished undetected .

High rents , no tourists + fire = a no brainier

PeteGill

Interesting take here on just how and when the bars may start opening in Pattaya. From about 7:30 mins in. He brings up a relevant concern that if there is a significant increase in Covid numbers it may all end up back to square one.

Plus a bit of a tote for his own soon to open bar 5555

Rockitt

Although I want to go back ASAP I feel November may be too early. I can’t really see the point if the bars are still closed. And like he said, things could all change again and throw any plans up into the air.

PeteGill

Although I want to go back ASAP I feel November may be too early. I can’t really see the point if the bars are still closed. And like he said, things could all change again and throw any plans up into the air.
My thinking as well. Though I have a booking for Feb I may try and push it back to next June. Hopefully all will have settled by then. Plus it will be in the middle of our winter.
The Australian guy at about 3 minutes in was a real idiot 555

MarcTwoSix

My thinking as well. Though I have a booking for Feb I may try and push it back to next June. Hopefully all will have settled by then. Plus it will be in the middle of our winter.
The Australian guy at about 3 minutes in was a real idiot 555
Not going to Pattaya but I am planning a long trip on April/May

And will be more than happy if things are still very slow
As long as I can have some beers at a beach restaurant( I think I can??)
I'm good

PeteGill

Not going to Pattaya but I am planning a long trip on April/May

And will be more than happy if things are still very slow
As long as I can have some beers at a beach restaurant( I think I can??)
I'm good
Pretty much how I feel. I am not too concerned if Thailand is back to normal. As long as I can find a few places that I am happy to chill and enjoy myself. a slower and cheaper lifestyle will suit me well, don't nee to have everything buzzing around me.
I just want to arrive one things are more or less settled. no sudden new lock-downs because of a new outbreak that has triggered a reaction.
We can live in hope.

OZZYGUY

Pretty much how I feel. I am not too concerned if Thailand is back to normal. As long as I can find a few places that I am happy to chill and enjoy myself. a slower and cheaper lifestyle will suit me well, don't nee to have everything buzzing around me.
I just want to arrive one things are more or less settled. no sudden new lock-downs because of a new outbreak that has triggered a reaction.
We can live in hope.
I think most of us are wanting that these days Pete...........we must be getting old......55

Rockitt

We can live in hope.
Yeah ok. Well maybe just one or two crazy nights then 555

Quarky

Administrator
Is that the complex with a Wine/Cafe bar at the front of it? Opposite side of the road to Central Festival?

Oh no it's not... found it... I think I may only have ever had the odd beer in the front bars but never went down that soi.. never looked too inviting.... and actually the Night Bazaar (shops) next to it was more appealing... 55

Stillearly

It's been a crap area for years , not really a loss imho ... plus the girls were thin on the ground in beer bars before Covid , with Treetown opening up , it would have been even worse ... but always good to have a video with a slow montage and sad music 555

do ron

Didn’t spend much time on Soi MIT either , a fish & chip shop on the left soon after the entrance was the height of it .

Sad to hear people loosing theirs livelihoods or business's .

Playing devils advocate here - but if the bar scene in Pattaya was a bit more condensed would it be such a bad thing ?

Quarky

Administrator
Didn’t spend much time on Soi MIT either , a fish & chip shop on the left soon after the entrance was the height of it .

Playing devils advocate here - but if the bar scene in Pattaya was a bit more condensed would it be such a bad thing ?
I like the variety.. that you an go to different locations each night...

Stillearly

bar areas have always come and gone ... one of my favourites was where Central Festival stands now .. Soi 2 was fantastic in its day , Soi 7 and 8 are a shadow of their former selves , Drinking Street is mostly ME and Indian customers these days , can't remember its name but on beach road towards walking street , there was a GoGo and beer bars , plus all the side Sois like Soi Postoffice ... Action Street never really took off and there were a few others ...

I think GoGos like Sensations, where girls didn't have to show anything , killed the beer bars in Patts , before that the majority of girls wouldn't work in a GoGo because it was seen as dirty ...now you are struggling to find a decent looking girl in the beer bars

LK and the Soi Baukhao are is in the ascendancy at the moment , wonder if WS will become more like Bangla with music bars , amusement arcades and more couples venues , who knows .... ???

Quarky

Administrator
I stayed on Soi 2 back in 2009... I think the demise had started even then. Soi 7 and 8 were rampant at that time.