Demise of Entertainment Venues after Covid

PeteGill

I have a feeling that Drinking Street has also closed. Went there once and that was enough. More to the point it was so out of the way.
The who;e scene seems to be around LK, Buakhoa and the assorted Soi's that run of them. That is fine by me.
Soi Boomerang seems to be were all the Gentlemen s Clubs are situated now and that runs off Buakhoa too.
I think that Walking Street will come back but with much less bars and go go's. The best are on the side Soi's anyway.

Time to investigate the Darkside, always wanted to take a look but never quite made it.

Stillearly

I stayed on Soi 2 back in 2009... I think the demise had started even then. Soi 7 and 8 were rampant at that time.
Soi 8 was a favourite of mine before 2000, after the Asian Currency Crisis it got a little too busy / mad for my liking ... then I switched to Soi Diana

Quarky

Administrator
Soi 8 was a favourite of mine before 2000, after the Asian Currency Crisis it got a little too busy / mad for my liking ... then I switched to Soi Diana
Took me a few trips to discover Soi Diana. I liked LK Metro before all the Gogo places started appearing... Last time I was there it felt like Walking Street... 55

Stillearly

Took me a few trips to discover Soi Diana. I liked LK Metro before all the Gogo places started appearing... Last time I was there it felt like Walking Street... 55
Same here , was happy with - Champagne open afternoons , Billabong and Hell Club ( Devils Den ) :)

Diana Inn was my go to hotel since 92 , so was pretty happy staying close to the area sometimes

Quarky

Administrator
1992.. probably lucky I didn't discover Thailand back then... 55

Do you think the 1990s were more enjoyable than recent times there? Or just different?

Stillearly

1992.. probably lucky I didn't discover Thailand back then... 55

Do you think the 1990s were more enjoyable than recent times there? Or just different?
1990 was Phuket ....

Thailand was much better before I discovered forums and found out how crap the place was , and how everyone was ripping me off with barfines , ladydrinks , taxis , bad attitudes etc etc etc 5555

just different, more innocent maybe ., before Internet ... but I still try and enjoy myself now as much as I did then, but with the aging process it hurts more the next day ... 555

Quarky

Administrator
I think I would have been scared to go pre internet. Going with some knowledge helped me... I'd hate to think how sore my arse would have been if I had gone back then .. 55

Stillearly

I think I would have been scared to go pre internet. Going with some knowledge helped me... I'd hate to think how sore my arse would have been if I had gone back then .. 55
I went with a friend who had been before .. I also had a copy of Lonely Planet .. even so I wasn't really prepared 555

MarcTwoSix

1990 was Phuket ....

Thailand was much better before I discovered forums and found out how crap the place was , and how everyone was ripping me off with barfines , ladydrinks , taxis , bad attitudes etc etc etc 5555

just different, more innocent maybe ., before Internet ... but I still try and enjoy myself now as much as I did then, but with the aging process it hurts more the next day ... 555
Don't ever go on that Thaiger then 555

Holy fcuk
The biggest collection of whining, miserable assholes I've ever encountered
They don't have a good word to say about anything

I never got too fussed over pricing unless it was way over the top

I figured a lot of times it is still cheaper than home
Why worry

MarcTwoSix

got my dates wrong

Oct 1991 - Phuket three weeks first , Kuoni gave an extra week free

next time was Feb 1993 Bangkok , Phuket , Samui and Patts ..
Wow that is early
That's awesome

I was 2003
Walked around Bangkok for 3 days not knowing shit 5555

Didn't even go to any bars
Just Q Bar disco

Stillearly

It's doubled in price since 2006... Thanks to the exchange rate.. 55
I remember coming over in Nov 1997 and noting how cheap everything was then compared to previous visits ..., my Hotel was £14; a night , girls were £14 a night , drinks were now half price , it was crazy :)

Quarky

Administrator
I remember coming over in Nov 1997 and noting how cheap everything was then compared to previous visits ..., my Hotel was £14; a night , girls were £14 a night , drinks were now half price , it was crazy :)
My hotels still are £14 a night... 55

OK one of them was... in low season... 55