Demise of Entertainment Venues after Covid

do ron

bar areas have always come and gone ... one of my favourites was where Central Festival stands now .. Soi 2 was fantastic in its day , Soi 7 and 8 are a shadow of their former selves , Drinking Street is mostly ME and Indian customers these days , can't remember its name but on beach road towards walking street , there was a GoGo and beer bars , plus all the side Sois like Soi Postoffice ... Action Street never really took off and there were a few others ...

I think GoGos like Sensations, where girls didn't have to show anything , killed the beer bars in Patts , before that the majority of girls wouldn't work in a GoGo because it was seen as dirty ...now you are struggling to find a decent looking girl in the beer bars

LK and the Soi Baukhao are is in the ascendancy at the moment , wonder if WS will become more like Bangla with music bars , amusement arcades and more couples venues , who knows .... ???
Ya I know the bar scene is always evolving , I was gutted when the old side Soi's down Bangla Eric , Easy , Tiger etc got revamped or gentrified .

I just like the idea of things being left how they are . :sneaky:

The phrase nothing is constant but change was coined for Thailand .

Rockitt

We tend to forget how quiet some of these bar areas were even before Covid.
My last trip, 2 years ago now, there was hardly anyone down in Soi M in T. And 7 & 8 was the same. I think back then it was mainly due to the poor exchange rate (37 or38 to the pound) and some of them would have been closed by now even without Covid.

Quarky

Administrator
What time is closing time in the video?

Are they selling alcohol?

Looked plenty busy enough for me... 55

PeteGill

16th of Jan now touted as the opening of bars.

Meanwhile, all entertainment venues like bars, nightclubs, karaoke lounges, etc. will remain closed nationally until at least January 15th, 2022. The CCSA meeting would consider the possibility of the business reopening again for January 16th, according to the spokesperson. They did not, however, “guarantee” this as a reopening date. The reason given for the closure is because of concerns about congestion and ventilation. TPN notes that the order didn’t seem to consider different sizes of venues or that many bars would even be outdoors, appearing to only focus on large nightclubs.

PeteGill

Remained closed? Yet in that video in Patong, quite a few are open?
Restaurants can serve alcahol as long as they meet certain standards. Suddenly a lot of bars are serving food.
But is does seem regional, Bankok despite the higher Covid rates seems to be opening up it's entertainment area's. The sandbox area's may be different.
Pattaya however is definitely still bars closed.

Rockitt

I’d happily drink at some of the bars right now with outdoor spaces and ones with just a roof covering.
For Windmill and a few of the other enclosed venues, I’m prepared to wait an extra day or so 555

MarcTwoSix

I’d happily drink at some of the bars right now with outdoor spaces and ones with just a roof covering.
For Windmill and a few of the other enclosed venues, I’m prepared to wait an extra day or so 555
I was just in NYC on business
4 straight night out in busy indoor bars/restaurants

Not thrilled to have done that, but I needed to do so for business

I would much prefer an open air bar

PeteGill

Certainly doesn't ever compare to the likes of sois 7&8 in their heyday. That's where i first went first time in Pats and had a ball.
My first trip I stayed on Soi 7 and although it was only a short visit I did not feel the need to venture father that that Soi. It was heaven

Didn't have any balls though 55555

Dupree

My 1st Pattaya experience was a crap room above Anna Jets bar on Soi 7. Last time I took my friends boarding suggestions seriously.