Demise of Entertainment Venues after Covid

Cuzzy

Bacon;439309 said:
Names and brands will survive and that's the important thing. Which means after things get back to normal, there is still something of value worth investing in, and investors will jump on it if it's been kicking around for a while. And often when investors jump on new ops it means revamps, so some venues could end up being even better. No guarantees, but greed can usually be counted on to resurrect a phoenix or two from ashes in a lot of cases.
Greed is where we ended up before Covid19... a lot of people made serious money from China. They're not about to turn their backs on that.

Stillearly

The old Nap in Patong , offering vouchers for overnight stays at roughly 50% of their normal prices , can't be used over Christmas/ New Year

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MarcTwoSix

Stillearly;440984 said:
The old Nap in Patong , offering vouchers for overnight stays at roughly 50% of their normal prices , can't be used over Christmas/ New Year

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
50% discount doesn't seem that great, given the climate....

Ao is going to Kanchanaburi next week.
It will be all Thai tourists
But will be interesting to see if she thinks busy, dead or whatever

Stillearly

MarcTwoSix;440993 said:
50% discount doesn't seem that great, given the climate....

Ao is going to Kanchanaburi next week.
It will be all Thai tourists
But will be interesting to see if she thinks busy, dead or whatever
Vouchers valid until Dec 2021 , I thought it was a pretty good offer .. it's a very nice hotel and great staff ( some from the old Salathai )

MarcTwoSix

Stillearly;440996 said:
Vouchers valid until Dec 2021 , I thought it was a pretty good offer .. it's a very nice hotel and great staff ( some from the old Salathai )
I didn't look at the dates
I thought it was until Dec 2020

It is a good looking place
We stay at the Holiday Inn across the street
I think it's the best street to stay in Patong

bacwaan

The Govt is offering Thais a 3K Baht Travel Bonus atm...I am not sure of the details or how you claim it...or if it will work..but I am noticing more trendy young wealthy BKK looking Thai people here on Samui atm...not sure if that's because they stand out more now that there is hardly anyone here...

MarcTwoSix

bacwaan;441035 said:
The Govt is offering Thais a 3K Baht Travel Bonus atm...I am not sure of the details or how you claim it...or if it will work..but I am noticing more trendy young wealthy BKK looking Thai people here on Samui atm...not sure if that's because they stand out more now that there is hardly anyone here...
Ao and Nut are off to Kanchanaburi on 25th

Where did you read this?

MarcTwoSix

bacwaan;441035 said:
Well it seems plenty of Thais are off to Kanchanaburi
What I found interesting is all the higher ends places are fully booked over the weekend
So it's hard to find a place for the Saturday night

Plenty of average Thai resorts on the water but those aren't even that much cheaper than the higher end places that are much better

There is one group that owns 4 resorts, with Float House being thier top property and I'd say the best "on the water " bungalows

All 4 seem much nicer than the 2-3 start Thais one but the pricing doesn't seem that much different

do ron

the traffic is a temporary thing whilst there are no tourists..

Yes and under the circumstances I think it’s a good idea .
But aren’t they also hinting that this void period of tourist’s is a chance to ‘reboot ‘ WS and turn it into a world class mainstream tourist destination .