Downunder Pub

J

Jaffaman

Chiang Mai's only genuine big Aussie pub. NRL, AFL, Motorsport, Cricket, Southampton games. seating for 40 people.
Great old fashioned Aussie style hamburgers and more.
4 screens, great sound system, Darts and a quality slate pool table.
click here for the map!

Hi forum members, I'll help any visitors as much as possible. Stewart.

Z

Zablive

I just hate that "whitening up" fervor from non ThaiChi girls.
It always makes for a crap photo - as yours shows Stew.
Besides, most of the TV and magazine "superstars" they are trying to copy are luuk kreung.

Dahm is good - as is honey brown IMHO.
The pale ChiThai girls just don't do it for me.

Nomad

Stewart, looks like the new bar is east of the 69 Bar along Loi Kroh Road? How far along?

J

Jaffaman

How far along? . . . .from the 69 bar would be ... ummm 500M. see the map in post #1
Hard to take motorbike as you can't cross Changklan (unless no police are looking).
The 69 bar was sold to a nice Thai lady (she still shows the AFL on Aussie network).
I started this thread to stop confusion about my location.

S

Spot

Zablive;41164 said:
I just hate that "whitening up" fervor from non ThaiChi girls.
It always makes for a crap photo - as yours shows Stew.
Besides, most of the TV and magazine "superstars" they are trying to copy are luuk kreung.

Dahm is good - as is honey brown IMHO.
The pale ChiThai girls just don't do it for me.
Same page Zab, but try convincing TW???? She keeps pointing at any Falang woman and say she beautiful yes? I'm thinking "Who let the dogs out" and until mrs points them out they dont even register on the radar.........

kaptainrob

Administrator
Was formerly the Maple Leaf *cough* Bar > see map in link below with OLD photos.... looks nothing like Stew's splendid establishment! :D

Maple Leaf Bar & Massage - Chiang Mai Grapevine

Royal Lanna is now the closest hotel, smack bang in the middle of Night Bazaar, but I have no idea what the accommodation is like. Rates start at ~ 1200 Bt .... perhaps Stew knows more about it? Any good for CM visitors? GF?

J

Jaffaman

Royal Lanna rooms are huge. 1200 a night low season, maybe slightly less.

V

vanguy77

Really looking forward to checking your new digs, Stew. Just a suggestion, you should post a couple of shots of the exterior of the bar from the angle people would be likely walking towards it, so that it is easily recognizable. I found when I was in Chiang Mai that maps were a little deceptive, as everything is built so close together and the streets hardly every go straight for very long! 555

J

Jaffaman

vanguy77;41379 said:
Really looking forward to checking your new digs, Stew. Just a suggestion, you should post a couple of shots of the exterior of the bar from the angle people would be likely walking towards it, so that it is easily recognizable. I found when I was in Chiang Mai that maps were a little deceptive, as everything is built so close together and the streets hardly every go straight for very long! 555
Rightio, I'll get a distance shot from McDonalds and zoom it.

V

vanguy77

Jaffaman;41449 said:
Rightio, I'll get a distance shot from McDonalds and zoom it.
That would be excellent. Should be dropping by right around Loy Kratong.

Moo Uaon

kaptainrob;41170 said:
Was formerly the Maple Leaf *cough* Bar > see map in link below with OLD photos.... looks nothing like Stew's splendid establishment! :D
32 yr old Thai girl in the pic scratching Garfield`s tummy is as raunchy as hell...scratched my tummy many times (and more) lol

New joint..

V

vanguy77

Great shots, thanks for those Stew!

BTW, my TG who is coming to CM with me wants to know if you stock apparently what is a local brew that she has read about .... Maa Jai Dum .... translated means "Heartless Dog" ... apparently is made and bottled in Chiang Mai. She is very keen to try it when we go there .... guess it has a loyal following among the Thai university crowd. She says, "I read comment about it. No headache. You might want to bring it to Canada! 555"

Here is a pic of the bottle .... actually two types ....