Downunder Pub

Moo Uaon

Looks like there's a bit of shit going down between new owners and old....

Hi all just a public announcement,

Downunder Pub is going through a legal battle at the moment between the current and previous owners, hence why the bar has been closed (which we apologise for that).

Just a few things to note, please refrain on posting or commenting things on the page. We understand you may be frustrated but really it accomplishes nothing.

There has been no verdict yet, please do not believe rumours or just one side to a story, please think about both sides and do not insult or belittle others… we don’t condone that behaviour.

We understand this has turned into a big mess causing a war between two sides, but please remember unless you are directly involved you do not know all the facts nor what is going on.

OZZYGUY

From what I understand the new owner made a part payment up front and was paying off the rest.

License and lease was to stay in Torrys wife's Kung's name to final payment was made as security.

My last talk with Torry a few weeks ago was they are in court and the new owner wasn't paying the rent.

This is just one side of the story.

MarcTwoSix

From what I understand the new owner made a part payment up front and was paying off the rest.

License and lease was to stay in Torrys wife's Kung's name to final payment was made as security.

My last talk with Torry a few weeks ago was they are in court and the new owner wasn't paying the rent.

This is just one side of the story.
Why would anyone agree to that deal as the seller?
Especially in the Thai market and that location, where a busy business is not guaranteed

Well I guess the owner was trying anything to get out of their lease

But ultimately they would be on the hook if it still in her name

OZZYGUY

Why would anyone agree to that deal as the seller?
Not many options I guess.....and a way out.

Also if he doesnt get the payment he can walk back in and make what income it did.

Rent was cheap, 20,000 a month and that included a place to live behind it.

OZZYGUY

I mean dead dead. No customers.
Its really hit and miss, some times its shoulder to shoulder when a footy game is on, other times you can be the only one.

For me its just been a place to have a afternoon drink without the hassle of girls. Like a one drink and on the way. I dont go to watch football.

These days prefer Renegade bar as the food is good and Hugo the owner is one of our biking buddy's so always has extreme stuff on TV. Also a good selection of craft beers.

PeteGill

Its really hit and miss, some times its shoulder to shoulder when a footy game is on, other times you can be the only one.

For me its just been a place to have a afternoon drink without the hassle of girls. Like a one drink and on the way. I dont go to watch football.

These days prefer Renegade bar as the food is good and Hugo the owner is one of our biking buddy's so always has extreme stuff on TV. Also a good selection of craft beers.
I have not bothered to go in the last few trips to CM, It no longer holds any appeal. I had chatted to Torry a couple of times, but to me it lacked the atmosphere of day's gone by. Plus there was some bad blood between Stu and Torry .

Anyway it won't be missed.

OZZYGUY

I have not bothered to go in the last few trips to CM, It no longer holds any appeal. I had chatted to Torry a couple of times, but to me it lacked the atmosphere of day's gone by. Plus there was some bad blood between Stu and Torry .

Agree Pete, and I didn't go last trip.

Also My Tirak bar in the boxing soi, Ta sold it and its now called Knockout bar. Just not the same.

I do like Tongs thou.

MarcTwoSix

I just don't seek out expat bars anymore unless I know the owner or customers and that they are good people

There are just so many miserable fcuks in Thailand I just don't even want to start a chat

Well usually the tell is if they try to chat you up......

Now I've met great expats through my other expat friends

PeteGill

Agree Pete, and I didn't go last trip.

Also My Tirak bar in the boxing soi, Ta sold it and its now called Knockout bar. Just not the same.

I do like Tongs thou.
My last trip to CM, I went in to the boxing complex twice, first was just a walk through on my way back to the hotel and on the second I had two drinks, one each in two bars. And that was enough.
I prefer the music venues or if there is a game I want to watch a sports bar, and then the UN Irish is where I go_Other than that I have a Thai friend who runs a small restaurant, bar that I sometimes hang out in.

Moo Uaon

Is Zoom bar still going?

The owner Dave supported the cricket team when I was playing.

There were always some good laughs there and the girls weren't pushy and a bit of fun.

OZZYGUY

Is Zoom bar still going?

The owner Dave supported the cricket team when I was playing.

There were always some good laughs there and the girls weren't pushy and a bit of fun.
Never been. Maybe you should Zooooom over and report back to us.....,555

Moo Uaon

Never been. Maybe you should Zooooom over and report back to us.....,555
😱 55

It's a double bar halfway in on the left.
Been there a long time so they're doing something right.

I remember meeting a hill tribe girl there in my early days visiting CM.

She was a lousy pool player but she was a Christian and spoke 5 languages.