E- Visa

Rockitt

I have seen on a Facebook visa site that E-Visas are now available from Australia. Should be useful to many on this site.

bacwaan

I have seen on a Facebook visa site that E-Visas are now available from Australia. Should be useful to many on this site.
From what I have seen you can do an e-visa online here in Sydney however once you have submittted it online they give you an appointment to come into the office to collect and have it inserted into your passport...
so sort of a half and half...

Rockitt

From what I have seen you can do an e-visa online here in Sydney however once you have submittted it online they give you an appointment to come into the office to collect and have it inserted into your passport...
so sort of a half and half...
If that’s the case it seems a bit pointless.
With E Visas for Thailand issued in other countries you get the visa pdf sent to your email address, print it off and show it at at your point of entry with your passport.
Something else I noticed when I left Thailand this week is if you leave swampy through the new auto exit gates your passport doesn’t get an exit stamp. People using these new gates got through much quicker than those using the usual immigration desks.

bacwaan

If that’s the case it seems a bit pointless.
With E Visas for Thailand issued in other countries you get the visa pdf sent to your email address, print it off and show it at at your point of entry with your passport.
Something else I noticed when I left Thailand this week is if you leave swampy through the new auto exit gates your passport doesn’t get an exit stamp. People using these new gates got through much quicker than those using the usual immigration desks.
well..it used to take 2 visits..now it's applied for and pre-approved before you go into the consulate so it's just one visit....
But I totally agree...why not do it all online as is the case with other countries...

MarcTwoSix

It could still save you from potentially long lines at Swampy, depending on luck.

So I take it we're not talking regular tourist visas then.
E-visa you still stay in same line

Well at least I did a few years ago when I had it