Eating out in Thailand

wabbits

Well-known member
Thai-Spy;10883 said:
Is the one you mean in Pattaya called Mike's? Mike's Pattaya Mexican Restaurant(TEX-MEX) - Thailand -- haven't tried it, sad to say.

The one near Soi 33 in Bangkok is called Coyote, but frankly their Silom Road (actually Soi Convent) outlet disappointed twice at a premium price so it was time to give up. But perhaps others have had more success with them.
Thats the one Mikes and is better than Coyote but only slightly cheaper.
It is big and clean and service is good. 2 people expect to pay a 1000bt....not cheap by LOS stds.
 
F

fratech68

Guest
I dont think you can beat the market at Soi Bukhaow in Pattaya 30bht for a plate full of what ever you like ...Also directly across the road from market is a little rest wich has the best larb gai i ever eat...& how could youu beat the som-tom of the the street stalls ..There's nothing like it any where in the world & ive never beenn sick ..."Touch wood"
 
G

G4orce

Guest
I have to say that Cheers Bar and Grill on Soi 22, Bangkok has some great Thai food. The Chef is from Issan and impressed us so much that Noy insisted on Tipping the Chef personally.
 

MarcTwoSix

Well-known member
kaptainrob;1432 said:
The som tam Thai was a daily ritual for me last couple of trips... got so that I'd just walk in and the mortar & pestle lady was already pounding away! The teenage waitresses, are well groomed and attentive and the bbq kitchen squeaky clean.
Ao was back home in SamutPrakan recently
and she said there is a SomTam lady there so popular that you put your order in and they will call you in about 2-3 hours when it is ready, she is that busy!
Ao swears it is the best she ever had.........and apparently a lot of Thais agree!!
 

kaptainrob

Administrator
MarcTwoSix;79737 said:
Ao was back home in SamutPrakan recently
and she said there is a SomTam lady there so popular that you put your order in and they will call you in about 2-3 hours when it is ready, she is that busy!
Ao swears it is the best she ever had.........and apparently a lot of Thais agree!!
One of Jo's aunts has a restaurant in Bang Na which is busy, like that. Jo learnt the secret to her aunt's som tam which is the addition of that stinky fermented fish sauce brew.
 
U

Username

Guest
wabbits;289 said:
Would love to have a guide or some hit picks from people who have been before.
I can't claim my visit to Terminal 21 this week for a lunch date is a hot pick but I shall not let that inhibit me.


MIX restaurant on the 5th floor. A fruity drink for 75 THB. And the lunchtime promotion dish for 79 THB. Nothing better than a fresh shrimps head to suck on. Sadly my lunch date didn't turn up.
I guess she had a better offer, TIT.
 
N

NeedHoliday

Guest
Wow, solid meal for 79B! Been to MIX before as well, was alright. Nice variety of restaurants on that top floor.
 
M

meese

Guest
Username;206517 said:
I can't claim my visit to Terminal 21 this week for a lunch date is a hot pick but I shall not let that inhibit me.


MIX restaurant on the 5th floor. A fruity drink for 75 THB. And the lunchtime promotion dish for 79 THB. Nothing better than a fresh shrimps head to suck on. Sadly my lunch date didn't turn up.
I guess she had a better offer, TIT.
like how you are bringing all the old threads back to life.....you must have time on your hands....its kinda fun going back and reading the old stuff....go back to day one of chobbys thread....
 
U

Username

Guest
^ If I have something to post I look to see where might be appropriate rather than just starting endless new threads repeating the same old things. If this is contrary to the board policy then please do let me know. *smile*
 
M

meese

Guest
Username;206582 said:
^ If I have something to post I look to see where might be appropriate rather than just starting endless new threads repeating the same old things. If this is contrary to the board policy then please do let me know. *smile*
i dont think its contrary at all....i think its great...nice to hook up again with the old threads
 
Top