Emirates/Dubai or Qatar/Doha

sidvicious

Have you been to Thailand before?? 555

I think females being stripped search and things like that sort of form her opinion.....
That strip search incident isnt the norm. I have never even heard of it before until Nomad posted that link.
I have been to the ME a few times and have flown through on stopovers probably a few dozen times and have not seen any 'unusual' behavior or incidents.
The UAE is probably one of the most progressive countries in the UAE. I have family and mates(male and female) that live and work there and has nothing but good things to say about it.
I think your wife has probably made up her mind already due to her experiences in Thailand with them.

MarcTwoSix

That strip search incident isnt the norm. I have never even heard of it before until Nomad posted that link.
I have been to the ME a few times and have flown through on stopovers probably a few dozen times and have not seen any 'unusual' behavior or incidents.
The UAE is probably one of the most progressive countries in the UAE. I have family and mates(male and female) that live and work there and has nothing but good things to say about it.
I think your wife has probably made up her mind already due to her experiences in Thailand with them.
I finally got her to stop using air quotes when talking about "gays"

One progressive hurdle at a time Sid 5555

Tingtong

I just read that News report , it was a very watered down Article . The Woman weren't just Strip searched , They were forcibly removed from the Plane , threatened and intimidated into a internal examination . There legs were forced apart and a Person , Doctor ? , Nurse ? did a full look inside . While Male Guards were standing near by .
Looks like Australia must have Got the Full and honest Report . It was was an interview with the Women not that News Report that sounded like it had been written by the Doha Government .
Those Poor Women were Assaulted and Abused .. Nothing less . I felt sick watching their interview .

sidvicious

I just read that News report , it was a very watered down Article . The Woman weren't just Strip searched , They were forcibly removed from the Plane , threatened and intimidated into a internal examination . There legs were forced apart and a Person , Doctor ? , Nurse ? did a full look inside . While Male Guards were standing near by .
Looks like Australia must have Got the Full and honest Report . It was was an interview with the Women not that News Report that sounded like it had been written by the Doha Government .
Those Poor Women were Assaulted and Abused .. Nothing less . I felt sick watching their interview .
It sounds like a horrible experience I'm sure but we cannot assume its the norm over there. A crime was committed and some bozo/s knew they had little time to apprehend the person ,so made rash decisions.