One thing I don't like about the village is they treat me different
Like they have to kiss my ass
I don't like that......
And if you are supporting the whole family, I think it could get weird

And if someone is able bodied and young, he mentions her brother a lot
It would drive me nuts to see them sit around doing nothing

Obviously this guy doesn't seem to mind it, good on him
Just wouldn't be for me
I dont get the feeling he is being used by the family. As he say, he spend most of the electricity himself, and they take care of things around him, so its a win/win for him. Babysitting, cooking, cleaning, laundry, things you do when living that close... Must be well worth it...
Same as when we are in the village. I take water, electricity and other small things.

do ron

Seems like a nice guy.
And some guys, even young ones, enjoy the simple life

But no way in hell would I want to support a whole family
It's not even the money aspect
It's the pressure around it
It's the how your relationships are with those people
One thing I don't like about the village is they treat me different
Like they have to kiss my ass
I don't like that......
And if you are supporting the whole family, I think it could get weird

And if someone is able bodied and young, he mentions her brother a lot
It would drive me nuts to see them sit around doing nothing

Obviously this guy doesn't seem to mind it, good on him
Just wouldn't be for me
Personally i couldn't support the family either , I just hate unplanned expenses . I think I'm just too meticulous when it comes to money . I was buying another pair of leather gloves last night online - and i paid for them with a bank account I only use for a property ive let out as opposed to my everyday bank account , for some reason it made the purchase more justifiable .

I'm not stingy as such and well capable of sharing . With MS Do Ron - I'd more often then not pay for weekly food shopping and household bills etc , apart from the ad-hoc present she paddles her own canoe .

MarcTwoSix

I dont get the feeling he is being used by the family. As he say, he spend most of the electricity himself, and they take care of things around him, so its a win/win for him. Babysitting, cooking, cleaning, laundry, things you do when living that close... Must be well worth it...
Same as when we are in the village. I take water, electricity and other small things.
I wasn't saying he's being used

I just think, from my partial experiences, that him taking care of the whole family changes the dynamics of the relationships.

Like I said, I hate being fussed over when I go to the village
I appreciate their effort and thought into it, I just don't like it
I just want to be treated as one of them
And if you are supporting the whole family, I just don't see how you could be

It's a big culture thing also
My wife would look at her mom in her early 50's and say she is old and tired
Where as I think that is still young and should be out working

MarcTwoSix

Personally i couldn't support the family either , I just hate unplanned expenses . I think I'm just too meticulous when it comes to money . I was buying another pair of leather gloves last night online - and i paid for them with a bank account I only use for a property ive let out as opposed to my everyday bank account , for some reason it made the purchase more justifiable .

I'm not stingy as such and well capable of sharing . With MS Do Ron - I'd more often then not pay for weekly food shopping and household bills etc , apart from the ad-hoc present she paddles her own canoe .
Yeah as I said above, it really isn't about the money
I just don't like all that comes with it

Tarzan

I just think, from my partial experiences, that him taking care of the whole family changes the dynamics of the relationships.

But is he taking care of the family? Looks more like he takes care of his own family, and get help for the relatives and help them back. He work with the garden and do his thing just like anyone else there. Cant see he is getting treated differently

Stillearly

i don't think you have watched the vlogs

MarcTwoSix

But is he taking care of the family? Looks more like he takes care of his own family, and get help for the relatives and help them back. He work with the garden and do his thing just like anyone else there. Cant see he is getting treated differently
Sorry I had watched another video where he goes over the costs and he says he pays for everything/everyone

MarcTwoSix

Yes I have
Here is where he goes into detail and explains he pays for everything

I'm just commenting it wouldn't be for me
I help plenty, I just wouldn't want the dynamic where I am supporting everyone
I just think it changes things in the relationship with the family.......

He seems happy enough to do so, and as Tarzan said he may feel he's getting it back in other ways

MarcTwoSix

By the way
I wasn't slagging on the guy
I'm highly impressed by him
He seems incredibly intelligent
His place in Hua Hin looked awesome and successful

I just wouldn't do what he's doing for my reasons.

Stillearly

If these numbers is correct Chad have a very good life in Thailand.

I'm sure he is doing well , but I'll bet this over estimates it , just watched a couple of Mark Weins estimate ones , now he is doing very well ..... good luck to them , they produce great content that people want to watch

anmeno

I'm sure he is doing well , but I'll bet this over estimates it , just watched a couple of Mark Weins estimate ones , now he is doing very well ..... good luck to them , they produce great content that people want to watch
I also think that the numbers are wrong. I think that it's usually Patron that is the main source of income for vloggers, looks like he earn 1300 a month there https://www.patreon.com/cbmedia

Stillearly

I also think that the numbers are wrong. I think that it's usually Patron that is the main source of income for vloggers, looks like he earn 1300 a month there https://www.patreon.com/cbmedia
not sure , I always assumed Patron was for the smaller vloggers or those just starting out ... the Pattaya model seems to be superchats , people paying to ask a question..... I avoid those live ones , they get tedious very quickly ... although when they go wrong there's normally someone who had recorded it ...555

Dupree

not sure , I always assumed Patron was for the smaller vloggers or those just starting out ... the Pattaya model seems to be superchats , people paying to ask a question..... I avoid those live ones , they get tedious very quickly ... although when they go wrong there's normally someone who had recorded it ...555

I wanna do that. Be the drunk guy..55