Final crackdown for border runners

M

meese

do you guys who are the ground think the general will ever relax the restrictions of falangs working in los....or is that a bridge to far....

Hatari

^ my thoughts - I can't think of any reason why General Prime Minister would consider easing restrictions; it will get worse as the push is on to work with their ASEAN relationships; see in today's news 800,000 workers from neighbouring countries are now fully legal to work here since May this this year; not all of them are labourers.

At present the #1 job for native English speakers is English teaching; the laws on that have toughened up hugely, especially in favour of schools employing Filipino teachers - who are paid the same rate as Thai teachers, generally around 15,000 baht per month
Look at the teaching site ajarn.com and how many schools now specify Filipino-only applicants

I don't know of any other occupation where there is genuinely a need/demand for large numbers of westerners?

Apart from bar owners intent on losing whatever size 'fortune' they bring with them!

M

meese

i would have thought educated falangs would make a big differance....every country needs skills....i think its one of the biggest reasons why los is lagging behind..lack of skills

P

poseidon

i thought distant peak is a supporter of the eu freedom of movement and i was a nazi for wanting out of it. hmmmmmmmm im reading a lot of double standards here.

Quarky

Administrator
poseidon;256092 said:
i thought distant peak is a supporter of the eu freedom of movement and i was a nazi for wanting out of it. hmmmmmmmm im reading a lot of double standards here.
Just re-read this thread.... and don't get your point?

I am a supporter of free movement for people who contribute...

MarcTwoSix

Hatari;179988 said:
^ my thoughts - I can't think of any reason why General Prime Minister would consider easing restrictions; it will get worse as the push is on to work with their ASEAN relationships; see in today's news 800,000 workers from neighbouring countries are now fully legal to work here since May this this year; not all of them are labourers.

At present the #1 job for native English speakers is English teaching; the laws on that have toughened up hugely, especially in favour of schools employing Filipino teachers - who are paid the same rate as Thai teachers, generally around 15,000 baht per month
Look at the teaching site ajarn.com and how many schools now specify Filipino-only applicants

I don't know of any other occupation where there is genuinely a need/demand for large numbers of westerners?

Apart from bar owners intent on losing whatever size 'fortune' they bring with them!
This is an old post
But you are quite right, a farang with good qualifications for any job is not restricted to work in Thailand.
If the company values their employment they will make it happen.

I do disagree with the push for Filipino teachers.
We put my step-son in one of the better English schools and although they advertised native English speaking teachers, his teacher was Filipino and he said she wasn't very good
We complained and they moved him to a native English speakers class