Home ownership in Thailand

Z

Zablive

^^^^
That would depend on the strength of your relationship with your TG partner at sale time.

Stillearly

I would have thought most Thais don't look at property or land as an investment , they seem to want to buy close to the village , it's a place to live forever , then to hand on ... although I suppose richer Thais may buy condos or new developments to flip and make a profit

Could be wrong though , just my impression , no personal experience

Chob

Zablive;226657 said:
^^^^
That would depend on the strength of your relationship with your TG partner at sale time.
Yes , of course it would
Im not suggesting that the love of our lives might decide that its economically 'sensible' to NOT sell 'OUR' 100k AUD home (that is now THEIR 200k AUD home and their only hope for their future ) on a treatment that all and sundry know will only possibly extend our lives by a possible 1 or 2 years (at most)
Its up to US to decide that ,,,,
And we should be sensible enough to make that decision

But when the time comes ,,,,

M

meese

baz/chob are we allowed to invest in the thai stock market directly

Chob

Stillearly;226660 said:
I would have thought most Thais don't look at property or land as an investment , they seem to want to buy close to the village , it's a place to live forever , then to hand on ... although I suppose richer Thais may buy condos or new developments to flip and make a profit

I would say that was true once , but its my observation that since they can buy food at any convenience store , and since they can now borrow money at more 'reasonable' rates from a bank , most Thais are acutely aware of what they'd like to see their land worth ( ie Take the most valuable recent sale in their area and decide that is what theirs is worth - just as Westerners do)
Without going into long winded details as to why , my tg had to buy her current 4 rai again
She paid 600k 6 years back
Her sister who lives on it ( rent free ) is now offering her 500k

Hatari

Stillearly;226660 said:

MsH bought land here in Chanthaburi May 2013 in a new housing subdivision, one to build her own house on, one to sell one day, ideally when it's the last bare section surrounded by established houses. Several of her friends do similar, not 'rich' just sensible with money i guess, better to be paying off land than often the same amount on a new car

I don't know about wanting to buy in a village, maybe education, occupation/career a factor, her family - two have bought houses in Bangkok the other sister/husband working hard to buy a place also Bangkok, there's nothing work-wise for them in rural Thailand, that next generation will follow the same path I'd say

Nothing new in that though, similar to nz where children off farms head off to uni and never return to 'the land' and instead beone professionals/city folk

One thing i hadn't been aware of till recently, seems Thai banks won't take bare/unimproved land as security, without a house on it, even chanote property they were not interested in. Makes property acquisition more difficult for someone trying to build up a little collection of land. But on the other hand, less likely to over- commit, over-borrow. One more re the banks, they don't seem to like loaning to single women either, regardless of income.

Chan land. MsH's empire, was an orchard now leveled with 180 truckloads of fill, compacted and will be held long-term, retirement back-up. 300m inland from the main rd, Sukhumvit highway 3, be nice area one day, was sold at 1.1million per rai

jontymate

Nomad;226556 said:
Well and truly put back in your box. 555

You do know she is too smart for you.
She puts me back in the box often and sometimes the dog box. 55555 I'm only smart enough to know I need it at times. The pleasure is she is gentle when needed and blunt (that velvet sledgehammer) when also needed. I go silent to contemplate and reflect now more than she goes silent as a form of punishment. 55555555

Stillearly

jontymate;226928 said:
I go silent to contemplate and reflect now more than she goes silent as a form of punishment. 55555555
It's amazing that women think the silent treatment is a form of punishment , I like silence :)

Stillearly

Buyers at Kingdom Property’s Pattaya Southpoint development will be entitled to a 20-year visa, which amounts to five-year, multiple-entry visas which can be renewed every four years.

The visa will entitle its holders to benefits including fast-track immigration clearance, assistance with driving licences, discounts and a bilingual helpline.

“The long-stay solution will overcome many of the barriers that we see when selling our properties overseas. Generally unless you have a business visa, retirement visa or marriage visa, you are not permitted to stay for any length of time,” Nigel Cornick, Chief Executive Officer of Kingdom Property said. “This exciting partnership is akin to Malaysia’s My Second Home (MM2H) program and has massive potential.”

The visa will come as part of the purchase of a unit at Southpoint and owners can sell the unit and the visa together if they wish.

“The target demographic for this initiative is very wide,” Cornick added.

The Thailand property-with-visa initiative is only applicable to Kingdom’s Southpoint project now, but given the possible impact on overseas buyers, it may not be too long before other Thailand property developers adopt similar initiatives for their developments.
The promotion is made possible by Thailand Elite, which is fully owned by The Tourism Authority of Thailand, which, in turn, is under the control of the Thai government.

“As part of the Tourism Authority of Thailand, this exclusive club has access to privileges that money alone cannot buy,” its website explains. “Thailand Elite is the world's first country membership programme with benefit for immigration, leisure, business, and much more.”

Cornick predicted the plan would make property in Thailand more attractive to overseas buyers.

“The fact Thailand Elite is working with Kingdom Property is a sign of confidence in itself,” he said.

Southpoint Pattaya is a two-tower freehold condominium in Pratumnak. It boasts 655 units ranging in size from 30sqm to 97sqm. Completion will be in the second quarter of 2016.

Buy a condo in Pattaya and get a 20-year visa?

anmeno

Stillearly;228269 said:
Buyers at Kingdom Property’s Pattaya Southpoint development will be entitled to a 20-year visa, which amounts to five-year, multiple-entry visas which can be renewed every four years.

The visa will entitle its holders to benefits including fast-track immigration clearance, assistance with driving licences, discounts and a bilingual helpline.

“The long-stay solution will overcome many of the barriers that we see when selling our properties overseas. Generally unless you have a business visa, retirement visa or marriage visa, you are not permitted to stay for any length of time,” Nigel Cornick, Chief Executive Officer of Kingdom Property said. “This exciting partnership is akin to Malaysia’s My Second Home (MM2H) program and has massive potential.”

The visa will come as part of the purchase of a unit at Southpoint and owners can sell the unit and the visa together if they wish.

“The target demographic for this initiative is very wide,” Cornick added.

The Thailand property-with-visa initiative is only applicable to Kingdom’s Southpoint project now, but given the possible impact on overseas buyers, it may not be too long before other Thailand property developers adopt similar initiatives for their developments.
The promotion is made possible by Thailand Elite, which is fully owned by The Tourism Authority of Thailand, which, in turn, is under the control of the Thai government.

“As part of the Tourism Authority of Thailand, this exclusive club has access to privileges that money alone cannot buy,” its website explains. “Thailand Elite is the world's first country membership programme with benefit for immigration, leisure, business, and much more.”

Cornick predicted the plan would make property in Thailand more attractive to overseas buyers.

“The fact Thailand Elite is working with Kingdom Property is a sign of confidence in itself,” he said.

Southpoint Pattaya is a two-tower freehold condominium in Pratumnak. It boasts 655 units ranging in size from 30sqm to 97sqm. Completion will be in the second quarter of 2016.

Buy a condo in Pattaya and get a 20-year visa?
Andrew Drummond is not very impressed with this fantastic offer
A GREAT PLACE TO LAUNDER MONEY AND GET A 20 YEAR VISA - Andrew Drummond