House Insurance Thailand

Rivo

As the title suggests any recommendations on who to insure our Thai house with ?......................I presume like here in the west you can get House & Contents insurance and what would the average annual premium be ?

kaptainrob

Administrator
AA will look after you via email from their Pattaya office. Building cover for major loss ie fire/flood/quake may require you to over-insure as payout may only be 50% of SI. Contents works similar to Aus and small items: phone, pc etc become difficult and expensive to cover. Burglary is almost unheard of.

wabbits

^^ I think too many eyes a little bit of stuff moves from our place to sisters but it's only a borrow.55555
Completely acceptable.55555

Moo Uaon

i've often ended up with coverage with AXA after going through AA. they get a better rate than going direct with AXA i've found.

kaptainrob

Administrator
Moo Uaon;286926 said:
i've often ended up with coverage with AXA after going through AA. they get a better rate than going direct with AXA i've found.
Correct, much better dealing with Peter at AA.

Z

Zablive

Moo Uaon;286926 said:

My experience also.

Rivo

kaptainrob;285983 said:
Burglary is almost unheard of.

I've been thinking about this one Rob.............................I have noticed that a lot of homes have screens or stainless grills over windows up our way, and looking at some old photo's a lot of the moo baans around Chiang Mai also have them, I asked the missus and she says have to have to keep bad man out ? So she has added grills to the list of must haves for over the windows at our place 555

kaptainrob

Administrator
Rivo;287351 said:
I've been thinking about this one Rob.............................I have noticed that a lot of homes have screens or stainless grills over windows up our way, and looking at some old photo's a lot of the moo baans around Chiang Mai also have them, I asked the missus and she says have to have to keep bad man out ? So she has added grills to the list of must haves for over the windows at our place 555
Seems a common iteration and I'm sure rape is a worry to women living alone. Grilles also protect against the pee 555

Moo Uaon

^ nothing will stop the phi!

Grilles are a good idea though. ..just don't lock yourself out 55
We got a big wall around the place and no grilles.

Hatari

I like the grilles over windows in current house
We were burgled 2010, Phuket, helpful Chalong cop showed how the aluminium joinery windows could be popped out in seconds with a small pocket knife
Spent three years in previous 2 storey house with same style alu joinery (could leave upstairs windows open when out), but house owners on same site and no problems
Current house, grilles. Single level, windows open almost permanently, mosquito grilles too, safe/secure, esp last year when I've started working out of the country for MsH/daughter at home, have long-term vacant houses each side no immediate neighbours
I would fit them if our own house.