Hua Hin

bacwaan

my biggest problem with HH has always been with the pollution/quality of the sea....I have been there on at least a half dozen occasions and the water has always been this murky dark brown colour..so I have never actually been in...it's just not inviting....add in the horse shit along the beach from those hideous pony rides and the beach is just not a pleasant place to be...(it's often windblown as well)

other than that i have always seen it as a potential place to live....it's the right kind of size and has all the necessary facilities I require...

Moo Uaon

Jimmy Barnes seems to like it...has a house in HH that he lives in part of the year.

One of the hotter places I've been to in LOS. Looking at the sea and not being able to use it. :(

I'm not really looking for a Beach holiday in LOS anyways

Stillearly

MarcTwoSix;326091 said:
I always recommend the Hilton
But pricey but great hotel and pool, perfect location and no problem at all for girls

You are smack dab in the middle where restaurants and Binhbat maze of beer bars
Was very disappointed with the Hilton , location was great but the hotel itself was very tired and in need of renovation , not what I expected for the money I paid and from a brand like the Hilton, wouldn't stay there again

MarcTwoSix

Stillearly;349310 said:
Was very disappointed with the Hilton , location was great but the hotel itself was very tired and in need of renovation , not what I expected for the money I paid and from a brand like the Hilton, wouldn't stay there again
I stayed there probably 7 years ago last
I liked the rooms

I ate breakfast there every day about 2 years ago.
Seemed ok but didn't go to rooms

Moo Uaon

Stillearly;349310 said:
You there now?
How's the poontang?

Nomad

Bar area is bigger than I remember it from around 3 or 4 years ago. Very quiet, and many bars with 2 or less customers. A few have a large crowd; closer to Hilton.

Quarky

Administrator
Nomad;362037 said:
Bar area is bigger than I remember it from around 3 or 4 years ago. Very quiet, and many bars with 2 or less customers. A few have a large crowd; closer to Hilton.
Hua Hin is sounding more and more appealing... just avoid the Hilton area by the sounds...

Tingtong

That Bar area in HH is like a Maze , You could honestly get lost in there with a gut full of piss.

RakThai

Tingtong;362041 said:
That Bar area in HH is like a Maze , You could honestly get lost in there with a gut full of piss.
4 small streets in a perfect square..

How pissed where you to get lost in this maze..? 555

Tingtong

RakThai;362050 said:
4 small streets in a perfect square..

How pissed where you to get lost in this maze..? 555
A perfect square? I must have been at the other Hua Hin 55

Moo Uaon

Well, if you're walking around there in a clockwise direction but you're drunk and hanging to the left you're gonna have problems 55

Nomad

A few side sois off the "square" also, including a couple which head off at an angle.

Had a look at Soi 80 also, which is a long strip of around 20 bars...quiet also.

bacwaan

^ I like 80 for an afternoon beer...but it is a bit kinda "locals only"....when you walk into a joint all the heads wind around....and then they usually get wound back in again after you sit and order a drink..555

Bintabaht is OK enough for a single bloke to have a decent sniff around...its pretty similar to Lamai (Samui) in its number and type of bars...the gals are probably a little older than here and pleasant enough...you can have a bit of fun but don't be expecting too many diamonds in the rough

RakThai

bacwaan;362131 said:
^ I like 80 for an afternoon beer...but it is a bit kinda "locals only"....when you walk into a joint all the heads wind around....and then they usually get wound back in again after you sit and order a drink..555

Bintabaht is OK enough for a single bloke to have a decent sniff around...its pretty similar to Lamai (Samui) in its number and type of bars...the gals are probably a little older than here and pleasant enough...you can have a bit of fun but don't be expecting too many diamonds in the rough
If you wanna go for the diamonds, the Caddy-shack alley is where they resurface after hours.. 555
Attached files

Nomad

Guess would be 80 to 100 bars across 2 main areas, and a few in between. Too many young girls, or perhaps I'm getting old!

Very good live music at London Bar

RakThai

Nomad;362146 said:
Guess would be 80 to 100 bars across 2 main areas, and a few in between. Too many young girls, or perhaps I'm getting old!

Very good live music at London Bar
The bar girls at London bar always get angry when I tell them I come for one girl only.. (pointing at the lady singer).. 555

Same band for many years. They are good, but their repertoire doesn't really change at all..