I personally think Binbaht is the best bar set up in all of Thailand

Not saying in terms of quality of girls, just the way it is set up

Love it

RakThai

MarcTwoSix;362152 said:

Love it
Gives new meaning to 'having another round' ..

MarcTwoSix

I remember having my German Shepherd in one of those bars one night........everyone loved him and took real good care of him

Nomad

RakThai;362148 said:
The bar girls at London bar always get angry when I tell them I come for one girl only.. (pointing at the lady singer).. 555

Same band for many years. They are good, but their repertoire doesn't really change at all..
I hope they have made some changes, or we have very different taste in "women". 555

Nomad

MarcTwoSix;362152 said:

Love it
Negative is just beer bars...lack of variety. Only a couple of night clubs...Panama which looks new, Hilton and maybe one or two others.

Beer bars here do a much better job with the music...loud enough, but can still talk without yelling.

RakThai

Nomad;362159 said:
I hope they have made some changes, or we have very different taste in "women". 555
Dark skinned, overweight, moon-face girl with a great voice? That sings male songs as easy as lady's songs?

Yeah, I love her!

Spent a few hours with her, sing along and invite her for a little dance, buy her a drink and leave a tip in the tip-box, before I am off to find a girl for the night.. 555

Quarky

Administrator
Nomad;362161 said:
Negative is just beer bars...lack of variety. Only a couple of night clubs...Panama which looks new, Hilton and maybe one or two others.

Beer bars here do a much better job with the music...loud enough, but can still talk without yelling.
Again.. sounds appealing.. I must go. Don't like nightclubs.. so beer bars sounds good... not sure why I have never been!

Tingtong

Nomad;362114 said:
A few side sois off the "square" also, including a couple which head off at an angle.

Had a look at Soi 80 also, which is a long strip of around 20 bars...quiet also.
Thats what Im talking about . I was sure there were a lot more soi's than just the square , more of a Rhombus when Drunk 555

Rockitt

Currently in Hua Hin for a couple of nights. 44bht on the train from BKK. Quite impressed really. I came here 3 years ago and enjoyed it. I think it is improved since then and I liken it to a miniature Patts with a better beach. Very chilled vibe .

Rockitt

But a hotel to avoid . Hua Hin Loft. Had the feel of a place being run down and the staff were either asleep or on their phones. Pool was out of action, awaiting a new liner and the WiFi was poor. 2 nights was enough.

MarcTwoSix

Rockitt;401154 said:
But a hotel to avoid . Hua Hin Loft. Had the feel of a place being run down and the staff were either asleep or on their phones. Pool was out of action, awaiting a new liner and the WiFi was poor. 2 nights was enough.
One negative about Hua Hin is the lack of nice hotels in that concentrated village surrounding the Hilton

All the hotels are outside the village

I love the village but I find outside that village, Hua Hin is extremely congested and can take away your relaxed vibe on holiday

RakThai

MarcTwoSix;401171 said:
One negative about Hua Hin is the lack of nice hotels in that concentrated village surrounding the Hilton

All the hotels are outside the village

I love the village but I find outside that village, Hua Hin is extremely congested and can take away your relaxed vibe on holiday
Huh? There is so many hotels in and around that area, in all price categories, that I wonder what you are talking about..

The beach area is literary filled with hotels, from the high end Hilton, Centara village and Centara Grand, to the low budget hotels on the piers over the water.. Anything between 500 and 10,000 baht a night..

You can find hotels inside the "square" or just outside ranging from 0 star upto 4 star hotels..

Opposite Centara grand there are a few classy hotels away from all the congestion, like White sand and Wannara..

Plenty of choice, I have never stayed on the opposite side of Pet kasem Road, but the area's around soi 88 and 94 are pretty decent, and you don't have to go downtown for good food and some nightlife..

MarcTwoSix

RakThai;401192 said:
Huh? There is so many hotels in and around that area, in all price categories, that I wonder what you are talking about..

The beach area is literary filled with hotels, from the high end Hilton, Centara village and Centara Grand, to the low budget hotels on the piers over the water.. Anything between 500 and 10,000 baht a night..

You can find hotels inside the "square" or just outside ranging from 0 star upto 4 star hotels..

Opposite Centara grand there are a few classy hotels away from all the congestion, like White sand and Wannara..

Plenty of choice, I have never stayed on the opposite side of Pet kasem Road, but the area's around soi 88 and 94 are pretty decent, and you don't have to go downtown for good food and some nightlife..
Centara would be ideal......

If it was actually in the Square/Village that I was talking about
So since it's not actually in that square/village it's hard to argue that it's a nice hotel in that village/square

Not too far away
Just not in that Square

I love that Square/Village in Hua Hin, it is one of my very favorite areas/set ups in Thailand, if you stick to inside that contained area

I've stayed by soi 94 and actually like that area but to go anywhere else you have to be on the main road, which I find extremely congested
I also like that sort of 2nd road that the Train Station is on and is at the top of Soi 80
But again can get very congested at times

If you just walk around you don't get as effected by it but in a car it can be a nightmare

RakThai

MarcTwoSix;401194 said:
Centara would be ideal......

If it was actually in the Square/Village that I was talking about
So since it's not actually in that square/village it's hard to argue that it's a nice hotel in that village/square

Not too far away
Just not in that Square

I love that Square/Village in Hua Hin, it is one of my very favorite areas/set ups in Thailand, if you stick to inside that contained area

I've stayed by soi 94 and actually like that area but to go anywhere else you have to be on the main road, which I find extremely congested
I also like that sort of 2nd road that the Train Station is on and is at the top of Soi 80
But again can get very congested at times

If you just walk around you don't get as effected by it but in a car it can be a nightmare
I would suggest "city beach resort" for you.. Next to the police station but "inside ", upscale with swimming pool and car park..

Sirin, next to Mc Donalds maybe, also have parking and swimming pool...

Don't ask me if the swimming pools are any good, there is an ocean 200 meters away..! 555

MarcTwoSix

RakThai;401195 said:
I would suggest "city beach resort" for you.. Next to the police station but "inside ", upscale with swimming pool and car park..

Sirin, next to Mc Donalds maybe, also have parking and swimming pool...

Don't ask me if the swimming pools are any good, there is an ocean 200 meters away..! 555
I don't consider that inside the village.
But that's my own opinion of what the village is.
Basically the Hilton and the streets that are basically all around BinBaht bar area
That's what I consider the village.....a small square

And my days of getting a hotel in Hua Hin are mostly over
Since that is near where Ao is from we usually have a crew when going down there so rent a house/villa in the Black Mountain golf area above Hua Hin

Also we likely won't be back to Hua Hin for a while since we "found" Samet
That will be our quick getaway place for the foreseeable future

Rockitt

I went in blind really and picked the hotel from the map. Something close to the train station. Too far from the square and across the busy main road. My first visit a few years ago was in a fab beach front hotel just down from the Centara. The Cape Nidhra hotel. Really enjoyed it there but out of my budget this time.
Like I said before, I think it’s improved over the last year or so so I will definitely return to Hua Hin again. Maybe link up with Pattaya via the ferry.

Rockitt

Beach looked much cleaner this time
Don’t know why the last shot ended up that way 555

MarcTwoSix

Rockitt;401525 said:
Beach looked much cleaner this time
Don’t know why the last shot ended up that way 555
I've always thought the beach was decent
And with actually pretty clear water....just much darker sand

And if you walk just 5mins away from the main area the beach becomes wide open

I also felt it gives us one of the more local feels of any beach I've been in Thailand
Where it just feels you are walking with the locals on any old day

I've never got the negativity it receives