Hua Hin

Rockitt

Quarky;401533 said:
Can you swim in the sea there? Or does it feel like Pattaya in that regard?
Yes I did on my first visit. The water was a little murky then but the sea was rougher than this time. You can see from my photos that it was very calm last week, and the water was much clearer. Also, there were horses on the beach on my first trip but this time I didn’t see any. But like any wide open beach, it doesn’t give you that cosy little bay type of feel.

RakThai

MarcTwoSix;401527 said:
I've always thought the beach was decent
And with actually pretty clear water....just much darker sand

And if you walk just 5mins away from the main area the beach becomes wide open

I also felt it gives us one of the more local feels of any beach I've been in Thailand
Where it just feels you are walking with the locals on any old day

I've never got the negativity it receives
The first few hundred meters from the Hilton has a lot of dirt, vendors and pony shit....

And most tourists don't walk any further than that.. 555

bacwaan

Been there at least half a dozen times...never had a swim in the sea there..each time the water was the colour of the Chao Praya...with pony shit all up and down the sand...I wouldn't go there for a beach destination but I like the bars (nice and relaxed)...plenty of good inexpensive restaurant options..and there are some great golf courses in the area which are pretty decent value to play compared to Phuket/Samui/Pattaya..
Attached files

anmeno

bacwaan;401553 said:
Been there at least half a dozen times...never had a swim in the sea there..each time the water was the colour of the Chao Praya...with pony shit all up and down the sand...I wouldn't go there for a beach destination but I like the bars (nice and relaxed)...plenty of good inexpensive restaurant options..and there are some great golf courses in the area which are pretty decent value to play compared to Phuket/Samui/Pattaya..
I rented a Beach House for 4 months in 2009, the house was about 800 meter south of Hilton In these 4 months I did swim in the ocean 2 times....

Stillearly

bacwaan;401553 said:
And the jelly fish ....

Rockitt

bacwaan;401553 said:
Been there at least half a dozen times...never had a swim in the sea there..each time the water was the colour of the Chao Praya...with pony shit all up and down the sand..
I agree to what you are saying and 3 years ago I found the same. But last week the water was clear and there were no ponies / horses on the beach.
I’ve encountered a few jellyfish on most Thai beaches but a big plus for Hua Hin was that I did not encounter many Chinese 555

MarcTwoSix

Dusit Thani Hua Hin has pretty good weekday rates w/amazing breakfast

Around 2800/nt all in

Ao and Nut going there next week

Don't know if anyone around that area