Its confirmed November 2018

Notorius

Cobba;378656 said:
Good post Bacwaan and thanks for the advice.... He’ll, I didn’t know it was the wet season there in November..... Oh well, I am sure a good time will be had if wet.... My main interest is introducing myself to the parents and expressing my love for their daughter...... I am very thankful luck has come my way and delivered a very good girl with the same intentions as what I have and that’s love.....
I think that Thai people, especially the older generation are not that impressed with grand professions of love. They are more enamoured with actions and looking to see if their daughter looks comfortable and happy with her partner, that he can protect her and make sure she will be happy as well as respecting her family. I have found that they are uncomfortable when a guy starts going overboard with words.

I have seen isann families fake big happy smiles when a guy does it and shows it by a load of gold. Behind the smiles they are looking with disbelief at the fool paying so much to buy their affection. It is not my direct experience but from chatting to people that’s what they have described. Now I know your situation is different in that your girlfriends family are affluent but I think my advice still holds true. Little things seeem to work more than words.

Saying that, I have been engaged 3 times, once to a Thai girl and it turned out terribly each time. I seem to see warning signs in other people’s relationships but remain oblivious to my own!

Cobba

Good post.....

Well soon enough I will find out.... I am a likeable sort of person so let’s hope the parents think so as well... I have already been introduced to 2 of her very close friends here in Sydney and they both like me very much, mentioning to my girlfriend that I am a good man.... I have the girlfriend staying at my home tonight (I will be collecting her from the train station soon after her work), with Tomorrow morning tagging along to her church service where I will be introduced to the other friends (Thai group)..... The 2 close friends are also a part of this Thai church group that are highly regarded within.. Their views hold much weight within this group and they have already mentioned to the others I am a good man so I already have one foot in the door.

Tomorrow night the girlfriend will stay at my home again where I have invited my parents over for a barbecue and they are itching to meet......

Everything is falling into place nicely and I am very happy

Notorius

Cobba;378886 said:
Good post.....

Well soon enough I will find out.... I am a likeable sort of person so let’s hope the parents think so as well... I have already been introduced to 2 of her very close friends here in Sydney and they both like me very much, mentioning to my girlfriend that I am a good man.... I have the girlfriend staying at my home tonight (I will be collecting her from the train station soon after her work), with Tomorrow morning tagging along to her church service where I will be introduced to the other friends (Thai group)..... The 2 close friends are also a part of this Thai church group that are highly regarded within.. Their views hold much weight within this group and they have already mentioned to the others I am a good man so I already have one foot in the door.

Tomorrow night the girlfriend will stay at my home again where I have invited my parents over for a barbecue and they are itching to meet......

Everything is falling into place nicely and I am very happy
It all sounds very positive and the initial honeymoon stage is always so exciting. I wouldn’t take too much credence in what her friends say and being a good man can be interpreted as being kind and it doesn’t mean that the friends think you are the right man. They are hardly going to say anything negative.

Being brought to the church in their adopted home means a lot more than in Thailand. I have been brought to the monastery with girls I have only known a few days because they wanted me to give food and moneybtonthe monks as it makes them look good. I reckon it’s dofferent in your situation as they wouldn’t do it with a ransomed.

It’s nice that your parents are looking forward to meeting her but try not make it a big deal. Let her see how good a relationship you have with your family as that is what is important. My only word of caution is try not rush things. I wouldn’t introduce someone to my family until at least 6 months. I think taking things slow will reap rewards in the long run. One girl explained it to me that if you start doing things too quickly, then you could do it as easy with someone else.

But it is good to see things working out.

justcruzing1

My advice would be to just be yourself with her family, yes show respect etc.

As for what to give them, i would think a picture frame with a montage of photo's of you and her happy...at home..at the beach...with your parents..selfies with funny quirky expressions etc. Giving them something to see every day with their daughters happiness showing.

i took a book on where I lived, Townsville, bought it at a local book store. it had aerial shots and it showed where i lived, so I circled my place.

Maybe a book on Aust. with photo's of the coast, the desert, the snow, different animals etc.

Just my 2 satang's worth :)

Hatari

justcruzing1;378935 said:
i took a book on where I lived, Townsville, bought it at a local book store. it had aerial shots and it showed where i lived, so I circled my place.
Maybe a book on Aust. with photo's of the coast, the desert, the snow, different animals etc.
I had the reverse of this, 4-6mths after we'd met, I was presented with a large-format 200-page book on Thailand, found out it came from a friend's daughter in a govt job somewhere, it's a book that was distributed to embassies, consulates, in English speaking countries.
Still have it, some info (around visas etc) obviously dated but the general info about each region, history, national parks, food and culture hasn't changed much in 10 years.
I've had NZ scenic desk or wall calendars sent over each year for friends' offices; each year MsH gets one of the company's wall calendars sends to a NZ civil engineering company and gets theirs in return due to a friend I have working there. Her company owners took a NZ holiday prompted in part by all the promo material I'd sent.
Small gestures...

OzzyDamo

Good quality scotch whiskey is a universal hand shake gift to the father, that's what I give the bro inlaws.
Maybe a visit to Krabi would suit you as its close, good for seafood, has lots restaurants, big market and good hotels there.

justcruzing1

Hatari;378974 said:
I had the reverse of this, 4-6mths after we'd met, I was presented with a large-format 200-page book on Thailand, found out it came from a friend's daughter in a govt job somewhere, it's a book that was distributed to embassies, consulates, in English speaking countries.
Still have it, some info (around visas etc) obviously dated but the general info about each region, history, national parks, food and culture hasn't changed much in 10 years.
I've had NZ scenic desk or wall calendars sent over each year for friends' offices; each year MsH gets one of the company's wall calendars sends to a NZ civil engineering company and gets theirs in return due to a friend I have working there. Her company owners took a NZ holiday prompted in part by all the promo material I'd sent.
Small gestures...
Yes H.

I'm thinking of a large framed, glass covered, montage of photo's.

When my Mother died, my sisters went thru her things, donated stuff but kept things like photo's.

my sister put together a montage of shots from all different years, Mum with me and my Dad, us all with her as small kids, Mum with me and my twins. etc etc.

The thing is, something you take time to create shows so much more respect/love and connection.

I know her family are well off and am sure they have the internet, so could search anything in Aust. where she lives, works etc and She has possibly sent them some photo's of them together.

BUT a framed montage of photo's will be put in a place of honor and visible every day, not needed to ..log on and search..no need to open a file to look at the photo's..they are there plain to see every day as they walk past.

OZZYGUY

Cobba;378886 said:
I already have one foot in the door.
Sorry Cobba I missed something. You said Church, is she Catholic? Or is it a temple.

My wife is always carful when I go in the Church, she looks as I put that "one foot in the door" to see if I catch on fire....55

Cobba

OZZYGUY;379027 said:
Sorry Cobba I missed something. You said Church, is she Catholic? Or is it a temple.

My wife is always carful when I go in the Church, she looks as I put that "one foot in the door" to see if I catch on fire....55
Yes, Christian..... I went yesterday and met all the friends and it all went down well.

It was a really good weekend. Saturday night i cooked Greek BBQ then Bacon and eggs for us both Sunday morning. Last night i had the parents over where i rottiserie roasted some Lamb which was delicious..... The parents really like my GF and she them.....

Great to spend a full weekend together

Happy happy
http://www.thai-dreaming.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15933&d=1534728350
http://www.thai-dreaming.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15935&d=1534728418
http://www.thai-dreaming.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15935&d=1534728418

http://www.thai-dreaming.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15936&d=1534728439
http://www.thai-dreaming.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15937&d=1534728467
http://www.thai-dreaming.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15941&d=1534728584

http://www.thai-dreaming.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15938&d=1534728498
http://www.thai-dreaming.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15939&d=1534728525
http://www.thai-dreaming.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15940&d=1534728556

OZZYGUY

Cobba;379036 said:
Yes, Christian..... I went yesterday and met all the friends and it all went down well.

So you didnt catch on fire in the Church then....you must be a good guy.....55

Food looks good, nice to hear its all coming along well.

Cobba

justcruzing1;379006 said:
Yes H.

I'm thinking of a large framed, glass covered, montage of photo's.

When my Mother died, my sisters went thru her things, donated stuff but kept things like photo's.

my sister put together a montage of shots from all different years, Mum with me and my Dad, us all with her as small kids, Mum with me and my twins. etc etc.

The thing is, something you take time to create shows so much more respect/love and connection.

I know her family are well off and am sure they have the internet, so could search anything in Aust. where she lives, works etc and She has possibly sent them some photo's of them together.

BUT a framed montage of photo's will be put in a place of honor and visible every day, not needed to ..log on and search..no need to open a file to look at the photo's..they are there plain to see every day as they walk past.
I like it, and something of not much effort and expense, but a gift from the heart...... I think the parents would like this very much.....

Getting back to the parents, because they are successful and are well off, is an added bonus for their children.

For me, i am only looking at the love the GF shows for me, and the return love i can offer her....... This is the most important component on my mind.

OZZYGUY

Why do you need to buy them a present? I know it’s a nice thing, but do you really need too.

I’m sure they are just interested in if the daughter has chosen well. Or is it a Thai thing? (BTW if you didn’t know my wife isn’t Thai and also comes from a business back ground.)

Once my wifes parents met me and realised my intentions with there daughter everything was all good.

justcruzing1

Cobba;379045 said:
I like it, and something of not much effort and expense, but a gift from the heart...... I think the parents would like this very much.....

Getting back to the parents, because they are successful and are well off, is an added bonus for their children.

For me, i am only looking at the love the GF shows for me, and the return love i can offer her....... This is the most important component on my mind.
The Bold is exactly my point.

I have kept hand made birthday cards from my kids...as all parents here would have done...but the shop bought ones with a signature....they are gone long ago.

You talked about cooking for them...well if you are good give it a try, they will acknowledge your intent but i doubt you will produce anything they haven't already had...and probably better.

The thing to be focused on is the GF's happiness, that is what is important to the parents. You could have one eye and a peg leg, it wouldn't matter to the parents if they see she is in love with you, happy and you respect and look after her.

That is why I reckon the framed montage of happy snaps, cut out the background you will fit more into it that way, is the way to go.

Also make sure you get photo's of them, not just posed ones, so you can come home and do the same for the GF.

I mean them as in family, her and you with them.

Cobba

justcruzing1;379384 said:
The Bold is exactly my point.

I have kept hand made birthday cards from my kids...as all parents here would have done...but the shop bought ones with a signature....they are gone long ago.

You talked about cooking for them...well if you are good give it a try, they will acknowledge your intent but i doubt you will produce anything they haven't already had...and probably better.

The thing to be focused on is the GF's happiness, that is what is important to the parents. You could have one eye and a peg leg, it wouldn't matter to the parents if they see she is in love with you, happy and you respect and look after her.

That is why I reckon the framed montage of happy snaps, cut out the background you will fit more into it that way, is the way to go.

Also make sure you get photo's of them, not just posed ones, so you can come home and do the same for the GF.

I mean them as in family, her and you with them.
Good advice...... I am onto it

Moo Uaon

Funny she didn't tell you her visa to stay in Oz expires before this proposed trip?
Would've been an ideal time to let you know so that it could be sorted before anything was booked.

Cobba

Moo Uaon;379429 said:
Funny she didn't tell you her visa to stay in Oz expires before this proposed trip?
Would've been an ideal time to let you know so that it could be sorted before anything was booked.
Yes agree..... The dates do not align to the current situation.... I need to ask her to explain.

Cobba

Its looking like we will be heading over in a couple of weeks.

As a part of SI's new Visa strategy, the immigration lawyer has recommended SI travels back home in the next 2-3 weeks...... We are hoping to find out today and set a date... I will return with SI to meet the parents.

That said, in a conversation to SI a few days ago about the parents, SI described the love for Bacon that the father has, then it popped into my head the perfect gift for the old man...... Make up a batch of my homemade Maple Bacon smoked with apple wood...... I am onto it, and will source the loin Pork this weekend from my local Asian Market and get into the cure (i will post pics)........ I should have just enough time to pull this off....

A few Kilos, cryovaced and on ice bricks (and wrapped tight into cooler bags) should survive the trip over there and I think this should put a smile on the old mans face....

Does anyone know if i will be allowed to take into LOS ?