Its confirmed November 2018

Moo Uaon

MarcTwoSix;394892 said:
Ban Krut is awesome but that is not that far from Surat Thani

It be a good 6hrs from BKK

I was thinking that but if he wanted halfway point I think HH or Cha Am spot on for that
To be technical HH is less than a 1/3 of the way.
Ban Krut is within 20kms or so of being 1/2 way.

Cobba

In Surat Thani now and am pretty happy with the town being my first time visit. Met the family and they like me as I them. Stayed 2 nights at their home (50 minutes out of town) and currently staying at SI’s home in town..... The family took me on a full day sight seeing tour on Sunday and took me to a seafood restaurant and OMG was the food just the best. Going to Sumui tomorrow I think.... Happy days

Cobba

Oh, we stayed at Ban Thung Nun on the drive south to ST..... Found it nice ��

bacwaan

weather is very pleasant in Samui atm Cobba...nice warm sunny days (not hot..late 20's) with a cool breeze and lovely coolish nights (low 20"s)....best time of the year if it weren't for those pesky tourists...55

Cobba

Yep..... The weather is good.... I was hoping to see a little bit of rain..... Yesterday afternoon the skies looked like it wanted to rain but then nothing ..... Some photos......

Cobba

Yes I think that was the place...... Everything has now been put on hold as it’s clear I have eaten something not good and am pretty sick..... Monday night I took and prepared a heap of seafood at the in-laws only not to eat anything myself as I was feeling Ill..... SI brought me straight back to her home ST..... Yesterday mid morning is when the diarrhoea started.... SI (after speaking to a nurse friend) went out and got me some charcoal and hydrolote tablets which I started to use.... Advice from the nurse is if no improvement after 24hrs (from first loose stool), go to the hospital..... Bummer;-(

MarcTwoSix

Cobba;395743 said:
Yes I think that was the place...... Everything has now been put on hold as it’s clear I have eaten something not good and am pretty sick..... Monday night I took and prepared a heap of seafood at the in-laws only not to eat anything myself as I was feeling Ill..... SI brought me straight back to her home ST..... Yesterday mid morning is when the diarrhoea started.... SI (after speaking to a nurse friend) went out and got me some charcoal and hydrolote tablets which I started to use.... Advice from the nurse is if no improvement after 24hrs (from first loose stool), go to the hospital..... Bummer;-(
I think they are being a bit dramatic
Happens to everyone and it sucks

For me Cipro has always been the best to wipe food poisoning

I hope you feel better
It does suck being sick on holiday

supersub

I had it whilst on Koh Ngai for 5 days last year. Sucked hard. 1st day was the worst, threw up loads early AM then felt fatigued the rest of the day. The following 4 days I felt fine to do stuff but just couldn't hold any food down. Being on a remote-ish island there's was no medical facilities so I medication wasn't an option. Apparently your body will flush it out anyway. The only food I ate those days were scrambled eggs and pancakes. Soft foods. Also get some electrolytes in you. Coconut water is probably the best but if not then 7/11 sells a few different ones.

MarcTwoSix

supersub;396139 said:
I had it whilst on Koh Ngai for 5 days last year. Sucked hard. 1st day was the worst, threw up loads early AM then felt fatigued the rest of the day. The following 4 days I felt fine to do stuff but just couldn't hold any food down. Being on a remote-ish island there's was no medical facilities so I medication wasn't an option. Apparently your body will flush it out anyway. The only food I ate those days were scrambled eggs and pancakes. Soft foods. Also get some electrolytes in you. Coconut water is probably the best but if not then 7/11 sells a few different ones.
I've gotten sick bad two times in Thailand

My 1st trip I actually got a bacterial infection
I lost 20lbs in 2 weeks
Honestly the last 9 days or so all I could do is drink Henieken
This is gross but at times I was shiitting while showering!
My last night at the Westin in BKK I shit the bed, like completely
Left 50usd in the room 5555

Another time, maybe my 4th trip
I ate a burger at the old Nana Hotel diner
We were staying at the JW Marriott
I've never felt worse in my life
I was supposed to check out but tried to stay but fully booked, even suites
The energy it took to just take a taxi to Westin almost killed me
I laid in bed for about 3 days