It's that time again..............

PeteGill

^^^ OK thought as in the area itself..

Soi Bukauw has a number of Visa places the trick would be to find an efficient and reliable one.

For those who do FB Pattaya Oracle does seem to be a good start in finding recommendations for services.

do ron

Stillearly;348940 said:
Some people are avoiding the queues at immigration etc. , but using companies like this Home - TikTok Services , apparently a one hour turnaround for visa extension
Im sure that lady sorted out a Thai driving Licence for a mate - he highly recommended her .................

Z

Zablive

PeteGill;348951 said:
^^^ OK thought as in the area itself..

Soi Bukauw has a number of Visa places the trick would be to find an efficient and reliable one.

For those who do FB Pattaya Oracle does seem to be a good start in finding recommendations for services.
If you are intelligent enough to get a passport, organize your own flights, read a website, execute a lease etc why the F... would you pay an "agent" unless you are trying to circumvent the financial requirements.?

PeteGill

Zablive;348976 said:
If you are intelligent enough to get a passport, organize your own flights, read a website, execute a lease etc why the F... would you pay an "agent" unless you are trying to circumvent the financial requirements.?
As SE said, If you want to avoid the queues 555

There seem to be a lot around so quite obviously there is a demand.

Use, don't use Up2U

dave01

Yes, in the end I chose Jomtien. I will be here at least a year. However, I do want to stay portable. I may tire of this place, I certainly would tire of Pattaya, that is for sure. I think of Jomtien as being to Pattaya, what Kamala is to Patong..

I got onto True... Went in on Wednesday to order, installed Thursday. Decent service. It was looking a bit grim when the boys turned up. They couldn't get a clear sky view in an easy installation spot, and were reluctant to install where there was a clear view. In the end, I said to Mrs Dave, "tell them I want it and offer them 1K each to get it done." To be fair, it was a difficult install. But, they came to me and said because of the extra cabling, probably about 50m, would I pay an extra 500 THB for the install. I said "Yep". So 1500 saved there..The were here 2.5 hours, they spent 1 hour trying to work out how to install.. In the end, they have done a great job, and I am happy.

I chose the platinum package, which is a hefty 2100 THB per month for a 6 month contract. But for the first 5 months is a promotional price of 1100 THB per month. Bargain, when compared to the similar Murdochvison package I was on in OZ... it ran app 3500 THB per month.

All in all, a good day with a bit achieved. This condo is coming together the way we want...

dave01

Zablive;348950 said:
As in the female IO who handles conversions to Non-O temporary visas is a real b*tch who continually invents new rules, regulations, requirements until you get so frustrated that you take her offer of "a quick way" for 18,000 baht.
Or as many do go to Penang or Vientiane, get a non-O single entry visa for the basis of retirement (as recommended by the MFA) and by pass the b*tch completely for a one day smooth process to a Retirement extension.
(reference - Thai Visa forum)!
Yes, that is the story... but I think the applicant's attitude towards her, may have a bit to do with how she reacts in some cases, maybe.
Attached files

dave01

do ron;348975 said:
Im sure that lady sorted out a Thai driving Licence for a mate - he highly recommended her .................
Tik is excellent for setting up Licences, Bank Accounts etc... Don't know about her visa services, but for the small things, she is great

MarcTwoSix

dave01;349042 said:
Yes, in the end I chose Jomtien. I will be here at least a year. However, I do want to stay portable. I may tire of this place, I certainly would tire of Pattaya, that is for sure. I think of Jomtien as being to Pattaya, what Kamala is to Patong..

I got onto True... Went in on Wednesday to order, installed Thursday. Decent service. It was looking a bit grim when the boys turned up. They couldn't get a clear sky view in an easy installation spot, and were reluctant to install where there was a clear view. In the end, I said to Mrs Dave, "tell them I want it and offer them 1K each to get it done." To be fair, it was a difficult install. But, they came to me and said because of the extra cabling, probably about 50m, would I pay an extra 500 THB for the install. I said "Yep". So 1500 saved there..The were here 2.5 hours, they spent 1 hour trying to work out how to install.. In the end, they have done a great job, and I am happy.

I chose the platinum package, which is a hefty 2100 THB per month for a 6 month contract. But for the first 5 months is a promotional price of 1100 THB per month. Bargain, when compared to the similar Murdochvison package I was on in OZ... it ran app 3500 THB per month.

All in all, a good day with a bit achieved. This condo is coming together the way we want...
I lived I a rental that was on a block of attached flats down the street.
I asked my landlord could we get direct TV which meant they had to install a satellite.
He said yes.
Guys came went up on the good, came down......all installed.

Great.

2 weeks later my landlord is ringing my doorbell all mad.
The idiots couldn't get a good enough signal so just walked down 2 houses and installed it on some other dude's roof!
Never said anything to me 5555

Moo Uaon

True satellite is great until a big storm comes and you want to watch TV and you lose reception. We missed nearly a whole 1/2 of a grand final one year.
True cable is the go.

Z

Zablive

dave01;349043 said:
Yes, that is the story... but I think the applicant's attitude towards her, may have a bit to do with how she reacts in some cases, maybe.
Give it a go then.
At the first sign of non-reg requirements forget the "work around methods" and get a non-O visa at a regional Consulate/Embassy.
Good chance to start exploring SEA - make it a mini holiday, you're in no rush FFS!

Ian Forbes

Something weird with this site right now?

I'm logged in, but I can only access a few tops.

I get this on my screen...

(Can’t reach this page

•Make sure the web address http://110.164.252.137 is correct)

or I get a reply that says..

Review your outstanding balance
click
We Sincerely apologized if payment has recently been made.
No response to click on, please turn off router for 1 minute and then turn it on.

I have talked to my hotel and they say it's not their problem, and I seem to get other internet sites such as Facebook.

Anyone else have this problem? When I try some of the other topics on this site I get the above message.

bacwaan

^ perhaps your ISP has jumped the gun in its excitement at The Donald's new anti-net neutrality initiatives

Ian Forbes

Yes, it was a local internet problem near my hotel. Hence the intermittent problems I was having. Seems to have been fixed.

I hate to be in the middle typing something and then I get an error message and not know where it's coming from. Originally, it was only this site I was having problems with, and not even on all topics. That was the weird part.