just been looking at the summer breeze prices

MarcTwoSix

Quarky;395289 said:
Happy hours a help to young families? How does that work.... ahh... lets get drunk with the kids again.. 55
Parents get as buzz......kids get chicken fingers!

MarcTwoSix

Bacon;395283 said:
It's funny how much cheaper LoS holidays are when you take those things out of it 55. My hardcore mongering days are behind me and I'm less interested in the girls over there now, so most of my days the last couple of trips were cheap as chips. I mean how much can you eat and drink?
I can still drink a lot w/o mongering and my wife eats a shit ton!!

Bacon

Administrator
MarcTwoSix;395329 said:
I can still drink a lot w/o mongering and my wife eats a shit ton!!
We need to tee up a trip. Even if it's a couple of big nights in Bangkok. I reckon you and I will get out of control.

Rockitt

I think the exchange rate is the main cause of the feeling that certain things are becoming more expensive. Even in my short 9 years of visiting Thailand I have seen the Baht/UK exchange go from 57bht down to 40bht recently.
Looking at some of my old photos from back then, beers were 50, 60 and 70 bht and you can still find these prices today. A 60bht beer would have been just over £1 then but now the same 60bht beer is £1.50. Still way cheaper than UK.
I see that Lady drinks have risen in price over that time, so with the exchange difference they are more expensive. Same with B/Fs.
Like Bacon said, cut those things out and its still a cheap place to visit.

bacwaan

I've said this a few times in here...my rough budget to live in Samui is about $1MTB per annum...has been roughly that, give and take, for the last 5 years or so...

Going back 10 years ago when I first came to live in Thailand we were getting 32-33 baht to the $AUS iirc...so 1MTB cost you about $AUS30K...now at todays XRate, that same 1MTB will cost you about $AUS45K...if you think that won't be refelected in your cost of living here, this joint is not for you...

apart from that, some things have gone up considerably whilst others haven't...beer in bars is not really one of them unless you are drinking in P4P places...I can still get a 99 baht eggs+toast+bacon breakfast, somtam or noodle soup or chicken rice for 40 baht, as I can many other thai sidecart dishes...and petrol/gas is similar iirc...rent hasn't changed much either...but anything imported or deemed a luxury item has gone up considerably..as have a pack of cigs all mostly due to tax increases

If you keep your lifestyle basically Thai here you will do much better than if you want it to be the same as back home..."a same as back home lifestyle" here may well cost you around the same as back home

billpay

oldfella;395147 said:
ff sake !! £49-00 a night !! are they taking the piss? no pool no lift -shit inside rooms off the corridor with no window--steep concrete stairs to stagger up--- i,ve stayed there in the past and i,m sure a summer suite was less than £30-00--patongs now banjackesed through pure greed ---even the beer is more expensive than the equivalent here in the uk---80 bht for a little bottle ! you would have 2b mentally deficient 2 pay that---how ever much does a bit of minge pie cost for the night now?--prob 50 bht a thrust-- ;teary;;wall;
Was just there a couple of weeks ago. I was lucky to get a room......they have been virtually sold out the last month.
Most definitely not cheap but they have to make the money in high season
Also, yes, rooms are a bit dated and it does need to be completely renovated, but most people stay there because it is just a comfortable place to stay with terrific staff. At this time they are not taking any September bookings to make some renovations in bar and restaurant area....not sure about the rooms.

MarcTwoSix

billpay;395437 said:
Was just there a couple of weeks ago. I was lucky to get a room......they have been virtually sold out the last month.
Most definitely not cheap but they have to make the money in high season
Also, yes, rooms are a bit dated and it does need to be completely renovated, but most people stay there because it is just a comfortable place to stay with terrific staff. At this time they are not taking any September bookings to make some renovations in bar and restaurant area....not sure about the rooms.
And you forgot to mention location which I'd imagine is the primary factor

I haven't had much interaction with the new owners
But I can tell you the food is still damn good!

billpay

Kurt is still there.....we was my partner. He still lives in the US but spends a couple of months at the hotel every year.
Location is terrific, but Iam happy not to live in Patong...tooooo much traffic and too many people.

MarcTwoSix

billpay;395441 said:
Kurt is still there.....we was my partner. He still lives in the US but spends a couple of months at the hotel every year.
Location is terrific, but Iam happy not to live in Patong...tooooo much traffic and too many people.
I think I could live by Tri Trang beach

I love it up over there
The beach is amazing and there are a few restaurants dotted around

Then if you wanted to go "into town" you could avoid Patong by taking a right on that last street in Patong

And when wanting(or having to) go to Kathu/Airport you just take Nanai

But I definitely wouldn't want to live smack in the middle

MarcTwoSix

Speaking of Patong.....

I will say I never see Ao more happy food wise then when we are in Patong
She reckons it is the best place for all kinds of food from all over Thailand

And there are still some spots left that she used to go to

MarcTwoSix

Bacon;395422 said:
We need to tee up a trip. Even if it's a couple of big nights in Bangkok. I reckon you and I will get out of control.
I'd love to meet up
And I love to get hammered but I am more of an early night guy now

Rather start drinking 3-4pm and home by 1am!

billpay

These days, if I started drinking at 3-4 pm, I would be blitzed and in bed by 6.....that’s pm.5555

joca

Bacon;395283 said:
It's funny how much cheaper LoS holidays are when you take those things out of it 55. My hardcore mongering days are behind me and I'm less interested in the girls over there now, so most of my days the last couple of trips were cheap as chips. I mean how much can you eat and drink?
My trip to Ao Nang in November i would have cut my holiday cost in half including hotel + flights if I didnt visit the beer bar area.555
Up to 5 years ago i just used to go on holidays in SE Asia lay on a beach do nothing eat, drink a little try to pickup a Western woman which rarely happened, but now with p4p being a part of my holiday the costs have risen considerably.
The holidays are also a lot more exciting also 555

Heading to Bali in 12 days time got a couple of girls lined up that i have been chatting to on a dating site got a feeling this holiday will end up costing me more than the others going to nice restaurants bars etc paying for everything but looking forward to it instead of looking for girls in clubs and bars.

Tez

Only 1 friend that I know has had success in a relationship with an Indonesian lady. 99% I wouldn't trust. Have fun with your eyes open.

Notorius

joca;395463 said:
My trip to Ao Nang in November i would have cut my holiday cost in half including hotel + flights if I didnt visit the beer bar area.555
Up to 5 years ago i just used to go on holidays in SE Asia lay on a beach do nothing eat, drink a little try to pickup a Western woman which rarely happened, but now with p4p being a part of my holiday the costs have risen considerably.
The holidays are also a lot more exciting also 555

Heading to Bali in 12 days time got a couple of girls lined up that i have been chatting to on a dating site got a feeling this holiday will end up costing me more than the others going to nice restaurants bars etc paying for everything but looking forward to it instead of looking for girls in clubs and bars.
In my experience going to fancy restaurants doesn’t impress the girls. By all means go there if you want to go there but don’t do it because you think they want you to. There are plenty of nice restaurants with similar food but without pretentious formalities of fine dining that won’t cost you an arm and a leg.

joca

Notorius;395485 said:
In my experience going to fancy restaurants doesn’t impress the girls. By all means go there if you want to go there but don’t do it because you think they want you to. There are plenty of nice restaurants with similar food but without pretentious formalities of fine dining that won’t cost you an arm and a leg.
Yep you are right I am not a fancy restaurant person myself sort of more the mid range types. In Thailand and Bali I think some of the best meals I have had have been at the more budget friendly ones where the locals eat.
I know my way around Bali a bit the Skygarden nightclub has a buffet dinner with as much beer and some mixed drinks for 4 hours for like $12 AUD . My brother just returned he reckons the food was fantastic . So might go there to impress the girls 555. He also said there were heaps of western guys with their Indonesian GF's there.
Dont know much about Indonesian girls apart from ST relationships, Balinese girls are very nice to talk to but almost all the girls that are in the bars and clubs are from Java or another part of Indonesia, on some of these dating sites some of the Indonesian girls are stunning in appearance. Not really after a relationship at the moment so just see what happens the two girls I am communicating with I am fairly certain they are party girls its all fun.

Bacon

Administrator
Notorius;395485 said:
In my experience they're just not going to like the food anyway. And there's gotta be a bit at the back of their mind thinking about the money "wasted" there and what they could have done with it.

Notorius

Bacon;395555 said:
In my experience they're just not going to like the food anyway. And there's gotta be a bit at the back of their mind thinking about the money "wasted" there and what they could have done with it.
There are the insta fanatics who like going to the fancy places and taking pictures of the fine dining creations to post on their Instagram pages. Saying that I think more and more girls are more open to western food. When I first started going ifbyoubeven mentioned western food you could tell that internally they were turning their noses up and wanted to go to the BBQ or other Thai joint. Some of the girls I know go by themselves to Irishbtimes for a roast or some of the places that sell decent steaks. Also there is a place in jungceylon where loads of the bgs like pork chops. But you are right about them mentally doing the arithmetic and wondering what the tab could have bought. One girl (who I was never with) told me that nothing infuriates her more than seeing a customer blow up to 15k on a fancy dinner for 2 but try and negotiate her money down by 3-400 baht.

One thing that amazed me is the amount of bgs who love going to the fancy coffee shops outside jungceylon and blowinf 400 baht of their own money on a designer latte.

Bacon

Administrator
Notorius;395557 said:
seeing a customer blow up to 15k on a fancy dinner for 2 but try and negotiate her money down by 3-400 baht.
I see this so many times, and you can only shake your head in amazement. Not because they're trying to rob some poor bastard out of their wages(these people would never negotiate in a restaurant), but because of the lack of logic and consistency. One minute not giving a crap about dropping 2K, the next standing there in the hot sun, arguing with a driver over a few baht, or whatever the currency. And then they have to nerve to speak about principle, when you know they're just high on their own bullsh*t because they feel like they've just had a win over the little guy.

MarcTwoSix

joca;395553 said:
Yep you are right I am not a fancy restaurant person myself sort of more the mid range types. In Thailand and Bali I think some of the best meals I have had have been at the more budget friendly ones where the locals eat.
I know my way around Bali a bit the Skygarden nightclub has a buffet dinner with as much beer and some mixed drinks for 4 hours for like $12 AUD . My brother just returned he reckons the food was fantastic . So might go there to impress the girls 555. He also said there were heaps of western guys with their Indonesian GF's there.
Dont know much about Indonesian girls apart from ST relationships, Balinese girls are very nice to talk to but almost all the girls that are in the bars and clubs are from Java or another part of Indonesia, on some of these dating sites some of the Indonesian girls are stunning in appearance. Not really after a relationship at the moment so just see what happens the two girls I am communicating with I am fairly certain they are party girls its all fun.
I've taken my wife to nice restaurants from the 1st time I met her
We've also eaten at 10,000 street stalls

I like a nice dinner and was never concerned what she thought about how much I was spending.