Khao Lak

supersub

bacwaan;272775 said:
will be interested to hear whether you are still saying this after your songkran visit....555

Of course you can find some nice quiet beaches if you get away from Haad Rin where the FMPs are and head up to the northwest and north coast...but SS is going at the busiest time of the year for his trip in April this year...loads of Thais (along with the usual falangs) flood the island for Songkran. The FMP and the week either side of it..it is their NY and holidays after all
I'm a bit concerned about that but tbh if I'm used to patong it can't be that bad. I'll be staying on Haad Yao so a fair bit away from haad rin.

bacwaan

^ will be interested in how it pans out SS.......as you say you are going to a quieter part of the island...so hopefully you don't feel too crowded in

supersub

^^ thanks. Will let you know if I decided to spend a few days in Samui before heading to Bangkok.

To the op here are some pics from last time.

I enjoyed the food on koh Phangan. Some nice beach bars with hammocks too. Perfect for chilling out with a cold one and watching the sun go down. The hotel above is Salad Buri. Nice pool and good food. They can also arrange transport in a 4x4 if you want to go anywhere on the island.

Whilst I was there I noticed that when the sun went down, the local fisherman went out to do their thing and all the dogs would go bezerk. I've never seen this happen before but it happened every day I was there.

If it's too laid back for you there I guess you could always get a boat over to koh Samui. Can do day trips to death island and koh Nang yuan. I recommend the latter, so long as you can deal with the hordes of Chinese tourists.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chelski

Just seen this thread. Last week we had a deal come through the internet for Khoa Lak for a hotel called the The Waters Khao Lak and is close to Bang Niang Beach. Apparently has been taken over and revamped over the last 12-15 months by the Katathani Group. Was $999 per couple for 7 nights plus a whole lot of add ones (inc free transfers from the airport).
The Waters Resort - Khao Lak, Thailand

Seemed a good deal, but just wondered what peoples comments on the area and what it is like up there. I will be with my Gf so no problem re quietness of the area etc, but we have never been up the coast that far so wondered if it is worth a try for a few days. I have read reviews on the hotel and from what I can see, apart from some minor problems with new staff etc, all is good and people are enjoying it.

Would be looking at probably August time dor the vist.

Chob

^ Had a look.
August will be Very quiet , apart from at the market , which is good , on its opening days.
A few k's to the north along the beach , is Laem Pakarang ( Cape Coral ) , one of the best surf spots on the coast at that time of the year.

See ya out the buddy !
Hang loose ! 555

Chob

Our last visit to KL was to catch up with Aus friends and have a banquet on the beach . Good times ....

chelski

Chob;273210 said:
^ Had a look.
August will be Very quiet , apart from at the market , which is good , on its opening days.
A few k's to the north along the beach , is Laem Pakarang ( Cape Coral ) , one of the best surf spots on the coast at that time of the year.

See ya out the buddy !
Hang loose ! 555

After never setting foot on a surf board, I will be happy to sit and watch from the beach with a cool beer 55555
Attached files