Koh Samui

Rivo

Distantpeak;2972 said:
I only saw the area near the Green Mango? Or whatever that nightclub is called... I didn't know about that other area.... my bad.
Yes the Green Mango Nightclub has a few bars nearby and a Go Go bar, but most of the girly bars are on the road across the lake all the way down to the Reggae Club, could be a job for G4orce, report back with list of names of the girly bars :grinner:

If your TG likes nightclubs G4orce leave the Green Mango(most popular) to after 11pm, doesnt get going to then, there was one club thats open to 6am, bit late for me, or is that early hmm*

Does your TG like Go Go Bars, every trip I do with my TG I get dragged into these places for a look, I always see plenty of girls sitting down having a drink and checking out the competition. Last trip in Bangkok my TG was with me at Nana Plaza and had never been there before, she couldnt believe the number of Go Go's. Didnt get up to Soi Cowboy that trip, theres always next time :evil:

G

G4orce

I will take note of what I see and be sure to share my new knowledge. Green Mango is a place I have heard of and will take the advice and not head there til after 11pm. Myself and my GF both enjoy the nightclubs for a drink and a dance. She also doesn't mind going to the Go-Go bars either, SHe likes to leave me alone in there and watch from a distance to see what I do 555. So I am pretty sure we will hit a go-go or 2, but Koh samui is after Bkk and Patong so might be go-go bared out by then 555. Reggae Club you say.... The last Reggae place I went in LOS had a strong smell of something and being in LOS was not willing enough to join the rest of the people 555.

Condo

Love the Ark Bar, one of my best memories. The chill out music from the DJ. The tables on the beach with cushions. You just lie down on the table order fresh seafood, drinks, listen to the music and relax.

G

G4orce

Condo;3050 said:
Love the Ark Bar, one of my best memories. The chill out music from the DJ. The tables on the beach with cushions. You just lie down on the table order fresh seafood, drinks, listen to the music and relax.

That does look awesome, I will pass it on to my travel buddy I am sure he will also be up for that. Nice relaxing meal before the start of an adventurous night on the town. 2 20+ year olds with their teelaks.... They will not know what hit them :D

Quarky

Administrator
Rivo;2991 said:
Yes the Green Mango Nightclub has a few bars nearby and a Go Go bar, but most of the girly bars are on the road across the lake all the way down to the Reggae Club, could be a job for G4orce, report back with list of names of the girly bars :grinner:
From the Green Mango... do you have directions for the lake and the Reggae Club Rivo? I only went to Chaweng the one night last trip. And don't know the layout too well... I am going with a mate this trip... so best I know where the girlie bars are... 555

Rivo

Here is a bit of a map DP...............

The Reggae Pub is within walking distance from Green Mango for you DP, otherwise its not much in a Taxi, you will see when you get there that there are many bars to choose from, same as most placeS after 10pm seems to be when people get out and about.

Quarky

Administrator
Rivo;31864 said:
Here is a bit of a map DP...............

The Reggae Pub is within walking distance from Green Mango for you DP, otherwise its not much in a Taxi, you will see when you get there that there are many bars to choose from, same as most placeS after 10pm seems to be when people get out and about.
Perfect! Thanks for that Rivo. I think I only saw a fraction of Chaweng... I need to some exploring... :grinner:

A

Annie

We got a motorbike taxi to the Reggae bar area from Green Mango and it only took a couple of minutes. There are plenty of small bars on both sides of the road although they were not very busy when we were there in March.

Quarky

Administrator
Annie;31882 said:
We got a motorbike taxi to the Reggae bar area from Green Mango and it only took a couple of minutes. There are plenty of small bars on both sides of the road although they were not very busy when we were there in March.
I like a good walk. Are there bars inbetween where you can re-fuel? :evil:

Rivo

On that map DP you can see Q-Bar, make sure you go up there and have a look, walk to the top of the temple and its a great view over Samui, here is a few pictures...................

Quarky

Administrator
Brilliant pics there Rivo. You have inspired me to spend some time in Chaweng this trip...