Koh Samui

sidvicious

Ian Forbes;441254 said:
I understand that, but the difference is that your son does not sensationalize his trips like he is very important. It takes knowledge, skill and a lot of understanding to make an informative, interesting video. That is entirely apart from good camera work. You need to be a good script writer as well as a good photographer and a good editor.
Sensationalize gets you more views and money on YT. Informative and interesting not so much 555.

Dupree

[video=youtube;P0gXTJddJfw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0gXTJddJfw&feature=youtu.be[/video]

10 baht tour in 2016

Chob

Dupree;441272 said:
[video=youtube;P0gXTJddJfw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0gXTJddJfw&feature=youtu.be[/video]

10 baht tour in 2016
Hey !
I forgot about that place with the Big double ya - should have went there last week ....

Moo Uaon

Well done Lobby Dupree.!

Chob;441258 said:
Be fair Loo ... "Sidvicious " , "Sydney" ... we all make gaffs ...
Ah yes but there's sid and the much better known Sydaney.....

Ian Forbes

sidvicious;441256 said:
Sensationalize gets you more views and money on YT. Informative and interesting not so much 555.
Good to know. I was thinking of starting a YouTube blog on travel and fishing. I could think up a scheme to be an asshole but I don't need the money that badly. 555

anmeno

Cashpoint;441908 said:
The article below is how I imagine Bacwaan lives his life in Koh Samui (as a sort of Dre character!)

https://www.1843magazine.com/1843/the-economics-of-fun/the-secret-economics-of-a-vip-party
Well, I don't think Bacwaan will be very happy about the comparison with Dre.

Dre was convinced that his connections with the elite would eventually earn him a big business deal. Every night out with him, every lunch, brought news of one of these almost-clinched projects: the limousine company, the film production, the tv show, and, of course, his music career, which was always just about to take off. One month he claimed he was raising capital for a tech firm because of his access to so many billionaires and investors. The next he was in discussions about a Serbian telecoms deal. But these never came to anything. Clients were happy to call him when they wanted to go out, but that didn?t mean they took him seriously as a business partner.

Cashpoint

You seem like a glass half empty kind of guy!

Note that I did say ?sort of?. Anyway I?m happy to clear things up - I was thinking more along the lines of:

Dre was a promoter for some of the biggest clubs on the vip circuit (like others in this story he asked me to use a pseudonym). He was a handsome 38-year-old with a shaved head and dazzling smile, whose job was to encourage big spenders to book tables at the clubs he worked for. He achieved this partly through his own charisma. He?d dabbled in the music business before becoming a promoter (at a certain point in the night he performed an unforgettable rendition of Michael Jackson?s ?Billy Jean?), and was the kind of person celebrities liked to greet on a night out. But Dre?s main talent was his ability to bring in models, ideally at least five a night (other promoters aimed for ten ? it was important for there to be an excess of beauty). ?I know how to talk to girls,? Dre often said. ?They like me.?

And this picture which, annoyingly, I cannot post in the body of this post.

[/img]https://1843magazine.static-economist.com/sites/default/files/PartyGirls2x2048.jpg[/img]

bacwaan

nah...I came here to live a simple life and largely that is what I have done...I've parred it right back and happy about that...I'm cool working on the odd design project remotely via my laptop, swimming in the ocean, exercising in my pool, eating local or shopping/cooking it myself...

I have a few good mates here, local expats who in general own businesses, mostly Irish..a decent bunch of fellas...and if old mates roll in for a visit I am happy to spend time with them too...no nightclubs, no gogos, no foolin' around...I am just happy sitting having a few beers with mates watching the rugby on TV and having a laugh..I'd be lucky to do that a couple of times a month...hell with Covid I went 2 months+ recently without even having a beer

Got old mate Sefton here atm...we had a few nights out to start with but it has settled down into catching up, mostly on the weekend and hitting the beach when he has time..he's busy with his routine (biz) and I with mine...Chob was over just before that and we didn't even have a boozy night out together...we are all getting older..555

MarcTwoSix

bacwaan;441980 said:
Got old mate Sefton here atm...we had a few nights out to start with but it has settled down into catching up, mostly on the weekend and hitting the beach when he has time..he's busy with his routine (biz) and I with mine...Chob was over just before that and we didn't even have a boozy night out together...we are all getting older..555
The thought of having a mad Safari type night until 6am makes me dry heave 555
Hell being out until 2am doesn't appeal to me

Last time I was in Thailand
I met Dean at around 5pm in Bang Tao
We had drinks for about 3hrs and chatted away

I had plenty of beers and definitely had a good buzz on
But back to hotel, walk to local Thai place with Ao
In bed by 10pm

Suits me fine!

Even away on business (if it ever happens again!)
I will drink as much as anyone for the time I'm out but these guys want to keep on going
I'm happy as hell to get up to my hotel room by 9-10pm

Get drunk early and home early is my new motto 5555

Cashpoint

Perhaps I should have put a smiley face in my original post - it was meant tongue in cheek!

;)

Thanks for that Briofoz.

Is that @Dupree at the far right hand side of the picture? It looks like the sort of party he probably goes to!!

Bacon

Administrator
Cashpoint;442008 said:
Perhaps I should have put a smiley face in my original post - it was meant tongue in cheek! ;) Thanks for that Briofoz. Is that @Dupree at the far right hand side of the picture? It looks like the sort of party he probably goes to!!
Emoji's carry more weight than we think 55.

Stillearly

Bacon;442010 said:
Emoji's carry more weight than we think 55.
On the new platform are we going to get a range of likes ( laughing , thanks , good info ) type thing all positive ?
Attached files

bacwaan

MarcTwoSix;441982 said:
Last time I was in Thailand
I met Dean at around 5pm in Bang Tao
We had drinks for about 3hrs and chatted away

Didn't I have drinks with you and Ao in Kamala that same visit (late last year/early this year)...we started off in the Aussie Pub and ended up in that bar which used to be called Black Cats...was a quite early finish iirc..11pm-ish