Koh Samui

Bacon

Administrator
Stillearly;442011 said:
On the new platform are we going to get a range of likes ( laughing , thanks , good info ) type thing all positive ?
Yep. You have 4 or 5 reactions in addition to a regular like. I'll have to see whether they can be customised to suit better. They're smiley face, angry face, etc. Maybe just add good post.

MarcTwoSix

bacwaan;442012 said:
Didn't I have drinks with you and Ao in Kamala that same visit (late last year/early this year)...we started off in the Aussie Pub and ended up in that bar which used to be called Black Cats...was a quite early finish iirc..11pm-ish
Yes that's right
Me and Deano stayed on for about 90mins more
But even at that, somewhat early night

You had got in from a long flight
Attached files

Stillearly

Bacon;442013 said:
Yep. You have 4 or 5 reactions in addition to a regular like. I'll have to see whether they can be customised to suit better. They're smiley face, angry face, etc. Maybe just add good post.
If possible remove the angry face , negative reactions aren't that productive on forums from what I've seen ..

Bacon

Administrator
Stillearly;442017 said:
If possible remove the angry face , negative reactions aren't that productive on forums from what I've seen ..
They're not necessarily a reflection on the poster though, but the content. Say you post a pic of Dupree kicking a puppy. M26 would find the option rather useful to have.

MarcTwoSix

Bacon;442032 said:
They're not necessarily a reflection on the poster though, but the content. Say you post a pic of Dupree kicking a puppy. M26 would find the option rather useful to have.
I don't think M26 has an issue expressing his emotions without emojis.......

Chob

MarcTwoSix;441982 said:
The thought of having a mad Safari type night until 6am makes me dry heave 555
Hell being out until 2am doesn't appeal to me

Last time I was in Thailand
I met Dean at around 5pm in Bang Tao
We had drinks for about 3hrs and chatted away

I had plenty of beers and definitely had a good buzz on
But back to hotel, walk to local Thai place with Ao
In bed by 10pm

Suits me fine!

Even away on business (if it ever happens again!)
I will drink as much as anyone for the time I'm out but these guys want to keep on going
I'm happy as hell to get up to my hotel room by 9-10pm

Get drunk early and home early is my new motto 5555
This was another time baccy. He was here twice last year.
I drove over to BT and met M26 at that well known bar o the approach road to Laguna.

MarcTwoSix

Chob;442070 said:
This was another time baccy. He was here twice last year.
I drove over to BT and met M26 at that well known bar o the approach road to Laguna.
I really liked that bar a lot
That would be a regular spot for me if I lived in the area

What was the name of that place?
Great Chang drafts too!

Bacon

Administrator
Probably late 90s to early naughties?

Although if you retook the pics with a modern camera, a lot of them wouldn't look that different.

Moo Uaon

I've got some decent colour images from that era with a cheapish camera.
Use to be in some sort of fillum developing club where i got them developed cheaper than the local chemists.

Bacon

Administrator
I've got some decent colour images from that era with a cheapish camera.
Use to be in some sort of fillum developing club where i got them developed cheaper than the local chemists.
OK, tangent time.

You mentioned chemists. Turns out Kodak started as a chemical company and made most of their money from film and chemicals. Their board actually purchased several digital patents and suppressed them, because they thought digital cameras would pose a threat to their chemical plants and factories that produced the film. Quite rightly. They didn't decide to embrace the future and technology, just thought they could ride out the "phase" or "trend".

I love it when shortsighted, greedy people end up eating shit.

Moo Uaon

OK, tangent time.

You mentioned chemists. Turns out Kodak started as a chemical company and made most of their money from film and chemicals. Their board actually purchased several digital patents and suppressed them, because they thought digital cameras would pose a threat to their chemical plants and factories that produced the film. Quite rightly. They didn't decide to embrace the future and technology, just thought they could ride out the "phase" or "trend".

5555 yeah,their empire crumbled.
My brother was their Australasia CEO and took a golden parachute mid 90's,pre digital camera boom, but also took a couple of their other pharma brands when he left and manged the Oz side of their US operation for many years from the GC.
Good timing but very fortunate that he baulked at a promotion by knocking back a gig in Cosata Rica and his career path came to and end.

Quarky

Administrator
OK, tangent time.