Koh Samui

bacwaan

was out for a scootpootle today with Chobby and his mate Ray from Phuket...so no swimming my usual "distance"....

Instead we had a dip over at mae nam and then a hearty meal at "The Duck Inn and Pig Out"..been a year or so since I was last there iirc..bloody delicious and superfilling as always...

Dupree

was out for a scootpootle today with Chobby and his mate Ray from Phuket...so no swimming my usual "distance"....

Instead we had a dip over at mae nam and then a hearty meal at "The Duck Inn and Pig Out"..been a year or so since I was last there iirc..bloody delicious and superfilling as always...
How is dog shit alley going?

bacwaan

Samui was reclassified as a"Yellow Zone" yesterday which will see things loosen up a bit..albeit gradually

Main thing is that restaurants will be able to serve booze again however bars will remain closed...a few other things like gyms, cinemas etc will also be able to open soon so at least we are moving back in the right direction again here...

lots of restaurants have been selling in "cups" of course but that is a PITA..will be nice to go out and enjoy a meal again with a nice glass of wine..out in the open...

another plus I forgot to mention above...BKK Airways are opening up flights from Samui-Phuket again as of mid June so hopefully I can visit there again soon without a covid test if HKT moves to a "Yellow Zone" as well...

edit: I had written "Green Zone" but it is actually Yellow..the lowest on the scale of covid retrictions..Phuket has also been downgraded to Yellow as well now..great news..for now

Last edited:

Nomad

another plus I forgot to mention above...BKK Airways are opening up flights from Samui-Phuket again as of mid June so hopefully I can visit there again soon without a covid test if HKT moves to a "Green Zone" as well...
Don't forget your bucket and spade for the sandbox!