Koh Samui

Bacon

Administrator
I am wondering if Lamai Night Market (Sunday Night) has ever come back..still hadn't in December 2022 when I left.....

From what everyone tells me there it certainly seems busy enough now...
Here's the live feed. I'll check it on Saturday if I remember. Though I don't think you mean in front of Bondi. The market is around the corner on the way to dog poop?

This will let us know anyway.

Stillearly

I am wondering if Lamai Night Market (Sunday Night) has ever come back..still hadn't in December 2022 when I left.....

From what everyone tells me there it certainly seems busy enough now...
I don't think so , there's a full time market just by the bridge , but not the weekly one they used to close the roads for

Stillearly

Here's the live feed. I'll check it on Saturday if I remember. Though I don't think you mean in front of Bondi. The market is around the corner on the way to dog poop?

where that camera is pointing , there's a nightly food market , but that's always been there

further down the road there also used to be a nightly market , but that's now predominantly tables and chairs for the two big seafood restaurants down there

bacwaan

The Sunday night market was further down Beach Rd from there as SE said...it started at the bridge nearby The Pavillion Hotel and went all the way down to the ring road...it also encompassed the cross street which leads down to the beach at one end (where there is now a decent sized cement bridge leading to the beach over the lagoon) and up to the talat at the other..it obviously required a full road closure for both streets..
I really hope it comes back sometime soon...it was a great food market and fun place to catch lots of locals out for a stroll/drink/bite to eat

Last edited:

Bacon

Administrator
Yes, but if wanting to gauge the crowds, that food market would still give a good enough indication as that's a traffic area too.

Nomad

I guess I was lucky I went at the tail end of covid

It was still busy but not like that

That really busy street market they show

They have the street food stalls and usually nice live music
But again, wasn't overcrowded like that
The area was quiet mid last year, and pretty boring when travelling solo.